Login

russian armor

Partysons interfering with the design and pacing of the game

15 May 2016, 22:26 PM

Invissed some posts. Try to keep things relevant.
15 May 2016, 22:26 PM

Partisans drop like flies have a really high reinforcement cost per model (27mp iirc) which is almost as much a gren model. They scale pretty horribly and are VERY weak in combat.

^ This

Partisans are pretty much only good for that one time Surprise! ambush after that they are generally pretty much just a source of MP bleed.

Besides, the doctrine has no armor call-in or off-map ability, which limits your late game and (current) pretty lackluster Soviet T4.
15 May 2016, 22:27 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2016, 22:20 PMNosliw
I don't think anything I said was irrelevant. You're complaining about something that's not worth complaining about because no one agrees with your point of view. Learn to counter the unit effectively. Maybe subscribe to HelpingHans and he can coach you.

Look mate, before raging like that again you might think about reading things thoroughly before going mad. There was zero hostility in my post and it was far from being a post-loss rage/grieving. Let's exchange some ideas will ya?<444>3<444>3<444>3<444>3 Would you like it if JLI jumped out with their camos active or STs were already equipped with shrecks/STGs etc

Mind you it is in the lobby, so calm down:wub::sibTux:

I am looking for some smart justifications. Try your best.

15 May 2016, 22:30 PM

The classic response when you know you're wrong and have nothing intelligent or constructive to say: u mad bro?

I see through you. I'm done here. Peace.
15 May 2016, 22:32 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2016, 22:30 PMNosliw
The classic response when you know you're wrong and have nothing intelligent or constructive to say: u mad bro?

I see through you. I'm done here. Peace.
Thank you for participating.

I am reading your opinions and having a more neutral look at your tips and explanations.
15 May 2016, 22:44 PM

Look mate, before raging like that again you might think about reading things thoroughly before going mad. There was zero hostility in my post and it was far from being a post-loss rage/grieving. Let's exchange some ideas will ya?<444>3<444>3<444>3<444>3 Would you like it if JLI jumped out with their camos active or STs were already equipped with shrecks/STGs etc

Well I don't like JLI popping out of a building and insta-gibbing my retreating vet 3 reefermen with 20 HP because they can snipe units with less than 60% HP.

jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2016, 22:37 PMKatitof
I wonder if there is a single allied unit that doesn't make falsealarm run behind moms dress...

Rear Echleons? Wait, I remember the Volley Fire....

Ambulance?
15 May 2016, 22:48 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

15 May 2016, 22:50 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2016, 22:44 PMGrittle

Rear Echleons?

Acually : https://www.coh2.org/file/11672/zooblob.jpg

And why would you fall back with only one dude left and even that loner has less than *%70 health? Even Partiz can wipe that guy out.
15 May 2016, 23:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2016, 22:48 PMVuther

:snfPeter:

man, these medics are just savage :foreveralone:
15 May 2016, 23:10 PM

Permanently Banned
community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/241655/su-all-modes-partisans-partisan-tank-hunters-too-versatile-for-their-cost
15 May 2016, 23:29 PM

Acually : https://www.coh2.org/file/11672/zooblob.jpg

Damn that's one fearsome blob, 2 REs (on second look one of them has that leet 5th man at Vet 3) *and* a Captain!? Holy shit, you'd need like a KT and like 2-3 MG42s to stop that at the very least.

#StopREBlobs
15 May 2016, 23:57 PM

I don't think I've ever seen a Partisan squad, regular or not, in any game ever.
16 May 2016, 00:26 AM

complaining about partisans.. really.

Falls are fine though right? maybe we should buff them.

/s
Vaz
16 May 2016, 02:51 AM

I've seen falls do way more damage than partisans. Falls can come out near a USA forward area, timed right at retreat, kill the captain, the retreating squads, and the ambulance. All but ending the game. Partisans are also not the only AT unit with at grenades, the british AT section can come with boys rifle and at grenades.
16 May 2016, 04:23 AM
Developer Relic Badge

The only issue is a more general issue of being able to pop out infiltrators whenever you damn well please. So either you waste time wiring and mining off every doorway or keep units in garrisons.

If it was restricted to friendly or even neutral territory, sure, but not enemy territory.

The 2nd and 3rd time you might not be hit as hard, but the 1st time on a building pop can be devastating as you haven't predicted your opponents lock-in, particularly vs support weapons.
nee
16 May 2016, 04:59 AM

But aren't they like absolute shite in performance?
16 May 2016, 07:17 AM

Partisans are the only spawning unit that the cost to call them in is the actual cost of the unit and one does not pay a premium. That makes them some of the most cost efficient spawning units.
16 May 2016, 07:39 AM

Some infiltration units (Partisans and JLI) are extremely cheap for what they offer. However, as Miragefla briefly explained, the issue is more general, and has to do with infiltration units.

If it was restricted to friendly or even neutral territory, sure, but not enemy territory.

That could be one solution.

Another solution which would allow infiltration units to spawn from any building, without being completely hair-tearingly annoying would be the following:
- All infiltration units spawn with default rifle weapons (like Stormtroopers), and NO ABILITIES
- In order to get access to their hard-hitting weapons and abilities, the infiltration units will have to complete a combat pack upgrade
- The upgrade costs NOTHING but takes 30 seconds to upgrade
- Infiltration units that currently get no stealth no stealth at Vet0 (e.g., Falls, JLI), get a rudimentary version of stealth at Vet0, similar to OST camouflage (if you move, the stealth is gone).

The idea is that you spawn your unit, you keep and them stealthed somewhere while you research the upgrade. Once the upgrade is done, you can use your unit as intended. This forces the player to pre-plan their infiltration attacks, rather than pull yet-another infiltration unit out of their arses in mid-combat.
16 May 2016, 08:15 AM

Add cooldown on AT nade after you spawn them - problem solved.

+1 only thing which is broken about them is spawn+shrek hit+at grenade= dead vehicle 90% of cases.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★