russian armor

[May Patch] Remove the self spotting ability from the SU85

13 May 2016, 18:37 PM

I have two words for you: Stug Spam.

i like the way you think
13 May 2016, 18:48 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post13 May 2016, 17:17 PMSwift
Ok now whilst bashing on the poster may please you may I remind you it is not relevant. I will be deleting further requests for the poster to be banned or to "eff off".

@OP if you want help post in strategy section, replays of your struggles would also be nice.

Thank you.:thumb:

I posted here to get an idea to see whether it is just me or anyone else has the same feelings. I will reconsider in the future if a topic is balantly an L2P one.

jump backJump back to quoted post13 May 2016, 16:35 PMMyself

Trucking is available to other units and it is to be replaced by another ability (faster rotation?)

Or maybe have it unchanged but increase the rotation rate penalty.

Sorry for picking out part of your post to quote, but.. It gets utterly destroyed by JT. When JT enters the field, SU-85 is completely useless.

True, I mean in a massive flanking push (multiplayer)
13 May 2016, 19:06 PM

While I agree that self spotting Tds Shouldn't exist, your reasoning about its obliterating t3 is false for reasons others outline, unless of course you mean that its op because it can hit a stationery target at more that 6 range now... Either way I do agree self spotting should get the axe
13 May 2016, 19:36 PM

post some replays so we can give you some advice on how to counter the su85. I for one use pak40 to guard my T3 tanks and pgrens with schrecks to flank
14 May 2016, 00:49 AM

Let me fix your title: Remove the self spotting ability from Ostheer.

You mean the ones that cost 30 munitions, require the vehicle to be stationary, AND are only in 2 cmdrs?
14 May 2016, 06:09 AM

A one time cost to of 30 mu is hardly bank breaking... Especially when on the 222 it almost entirely deletes the fog of war mechanic
14 May 2016, 08:06 AM

Especially when on the 222 it almost entirely deletes the fog of war mechanic

Using a 222 to spot is not actually "self spotting". Is using a recon vehicle to do its job.

Even on a 222 spotting scope, which as pointed out are doctrinal not stock, are non broken until the unit the unit hit vet 2.
14 May 2016, 08:19 AM

You mean the ones that cost 30 munitions, require the vehicle to be stationary, AND are only in 2 cmdrs?

Assuming there is anything wrong with scopes, by analogy, do you remember B4 precision strike?

It costd 90 munis, required stationary unit and was in only 1 commander.
Where is it now? :snfPeter:

Rather weak line of defense.

There is nothing with spotting scopes, there is nothing with SU-85 focused vision as there is plenty of penalties going with it, there is everything with falsealarm and his "I'm a scrub who struggles vs AI easy therefore nerf plox" attitude.
14 May 2016, 08:25 AM

Permanently Banned
I am flagging this thread as a personal opinion then, rather than a balance issue.

Moved to lobby.
14 May 2016, 08:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2016, 08:19 AMKatitof
There is nothing with spotting scopes, there is nothing with SU-85 focused vision as there is plenty of penalties going with it, there is everything with falsealarm and his "I'm a scrub who struggles vs AI easy therefore nerf plox" attitude.

There is something with spotting scope on vet 2 222 (there should be cap in the bonus) and there is something wrong with Su-85 using "focused sight" and "tracking" at the same time.

The combination of these 2 abilities gives a sight of elephant using "focuses sight" and "spotting scopes" or an ISu-152 using "focused sight" and "tracking" and both of them where removed.
14 May 2016, 08:56 AM

Moved to lobby.
14 May 2016, 10:45 AM
Patrion 14

Good idea, this game is already dead anyway :romeoHype:
14 May 2016, 12:06 PM

If anything Spotting Scopes on 222s and Brit Command Vehicle FREE RECON! are way more problematic.

did i just read FREE recon?
MingLee freedom is what we bring MingLee abusing USF doesnt require high ping MingLee oh was that a squad wipe MingLee no problem F R E E S Q U A D H Y P E

have you ever flanked a su85? its basically dead.. obviously l2p issue :bananadance:
14 May 2016, 14:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2016, 08:19 AMKatitof

Assuming there is anything wrong with scopes, by analogy, do you remember B4 precision strike?

It costd 90 munis, required stationary unit and was in only 1 commander.
Where is it now? :snfPeter:

Rather weak line of defense.

Nothing wrong with spotting scopes.
Plz stop quoting my responses to other players thanks.
14 May 2016, 14:57 PM

Nothing wrong with spotting scopes.
Plz stop quoting my responses to other players thanks.

14 May 2016, 16:10 PM
nee
15 May 2016, 12:16 PM

I personally think SU-85's self spot should just become a vet1 unlock. At least then you got to either use T-70 or other units to scout, and once you vet up you don't need them anymore. In most cases I often use other units to scout because of the narrow sight cone, anyways.
Or just reduce the increased sight range max so it's not technically self-spot.
16 May 2016, 01:45 AM

Nothing at all wrong with focus sight. It is a useful recon ability for a faction that mostly lacks that capability. It gives some ability for the SU85 to poke enemy tanks at max range but the unit lacks the mobility or firepower to do massive damage that way. It gives a chance to finish off tanks reversing away. It cripples the mobility of an already clunky unit and the cooldown means activating it at the wrong time can easily lose you the unit.

I get that in theory it could be used for some BS purposes, such as to destroy a flak HQ with impunity, but how often does that actually happen to a decent player?
16 May 2016, 07:56 AM

Nothing at all wrong with focus sight. It is a useful recon ability for a faction that mostly lacks that capability...

Soviet do no lack recon abilities, on the contrary they probably have the most stock reckon abilities in the game available from all buildings.

"Focus sight" on its own is not that bad but the combination of "tracking" and "focused sight" is OP. It was removed from ISU-152 and should be removed from SU-85 also.
16 May 2016, 09:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 May 2016, 07:56 AMMyself

Soviet do no lack recon abilities, on the contrary they probably have the most stock reckon abilities in the game available from all buildings.

"Focus sight" on its own is not that bad but the combination of "tracking" and "focused sight" is OP. It was removed from ISU-152 and should be removed from SU-85 also.

Hardly from all buildings, but mortar and sniper flares are indeed nothing to be ignored.

And please, have you even seen how much tracking adds?

It was ninja slaughter nerfed long time ago without relics word on it, sight was cut by 70% and cost was almost doubled.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 12
unknown 4
United States 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak