Login

russian armor

how do you aim your nades???

11 May 2016, 14:54 PM

Excuse me if this is not the place for this kind of threads....

I want to ask others how do you do when throwing a nade....

Do you click directly on the enemy squad to be naded, or do you click on the terrain close to where the enemy squad is????? excuse my bad english....hope you can get the point of my question....

It seems than enemy nades always do more damage than when I throw a nade....pretty sure is my mind that is cheating me and all is fine, but I have that feeling that my nades don´t do as much damage as enemy nades, so maybe is the way I throw these nades or maybe it is just my mind joking on me and I´m using them as expected.

I know about green cover and those things...I just want to know where you click, directly on the enemy squad or in the terrain close to where more models are clumping....

That is why I want to know how others throw their nades...

11 May 2016, 15:24 PM

Probably should be moved to Strategy Desk.

First of all - different nades have different AoE (and lethal AoE).

There is no BEST way to throw them, obviously.
As a general rule of thumb you indeed need to throw to where models are clumped. In that way you will not just damage his squad members but most surely just kill some of them. It is better to kill two, rather than damage 4 of them.

If models are quite spread I just throw it so it would explode right in the middle of enemy squad - where it covers most squad members with its AoE.

But the greatest skill is to predict opponent's reaction to your nade throw.
Every opponent reacts differently, so you need to research it first.

Some move forward, some move backward, some instantly retreat, some just eat them if in green cover.

After you've learend his reaction - change the way you throw nades according to it. Try to predict his movements.

Another trick is to try to stress opponent's awarness and start multiple engagements in different parts of map, then throw nade if you feel that he is not monitoring that particular engagement.
11 May 2016, 16:32 PM

A good post from ElSlayer, in addition when faced with garrisons, try throwing nades at windows if you suspect your opponent will stay in a building. The initial burst damage is more likely to kill squad members. Or, if they are likely to evacuate as soon as they see the timer, or animation, try throwing it in front of the door, catching the squad as they leave. ElSlayer is correct in that understanding your opponents meta regarding micro is key to maximizing the efficiency of your grenades.
11 May 2016, 16:35 PM

It all depends on the enemy.Throw 2 or 3 nades as a test run to know how he might react.After some time you can predict where he will go,how long it takes for the grenade to detonate and so forth.
It is obviously better to use nades(eg. in a tournament)in the second or third game when your opponent is already running out of concentration.Or later in a match.
11 May 2016, 16:40 PM

It depends on the situation i guess. Usually you click on the ground in the middle of the squad when they are in cover.

A few things you could try when playing vs a good player (one who will react in time to your grenades):

Throw the grenade at the door of a house when your opponent has a squad in it. If he sees it he will think that it's going into the building, gets out the squad will be clumped up and get wiped.

When a enemy squad is low health and will be forced to retreat soon, try to throw the grenade in the retreat path. (after many hours of playing you will get a feel for the timing and placement)

11 May 2016, 18:14 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

All good answers and as others said, it's key to know your opponents reaction time.

Moving to stage office.
11 May 2016, 18:25 PM
Donator 11

Personally, I like to use grenades to create space.

For example: As an Okw player, I'll use flame nades in the area that a PPSH blob is heading to deny the advance and to create a distance for my Volks to punish their advance. Same thing with Mollies using Soviets.

Usf: These nades are the most deadly and cheapest. Use them often and without disregard for they are very very effective, especially against flanked Mg42 units.

Ukf: Gamon bombs may be highly effective but require alot of research and munitions. Use them wisely, the blast radius (Aoe) is very large for the animations size. This bomb packs a big punch.

12 May 2016, 07:49 AM

thanks a lot mates, really...

I already knew about reactions of enemy player, throwing the nade at the door of a garrisoned house and all that....

my point is "where to click" adn due to your answers, I think is better to click on the terrain close to where more models of the squad are clumping so the AOE of the nade reach most of them, than clicking directly on the enemy squad...

Thing is, I always did that way, I mean, aiming my nade where more models of the squad are so AOE hit the most of them...

Thanks a lot for your kindly answers!!!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS