Login

russian armor

Tiger without claws?

PAGES (7)down
What do you think about the current Ostheer Tiger (not Ace)?
Option Distribution Votes
3%
51%
46%
Total votes: 174
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
10 May 2016, 19:13 PM

Hey guys, sorry for making another thread about Ostheer again, but I just wanted to talk about my all time favourite tank which is the Panzerkampfwagen VI Tiger I.

I might be wrong but I can't remember this tank being buffed for ages.

It used to be a very good Ostheer heavy tank, on pair with the Soviet IS-2 but these days are long gone. I know that it is meant to be supported but still with support weapons and infantry, you won't be able to keep it in fight for longer than 30 seconds until you have to retreat the tank to get it fully repaired. A 1v1 against an IS-2 will nowadays end with a win for the Soviet tanks in almost every time.

Not talking about the Tiger Ace which was simply batshit OP.

But currently getting a Tiger as Ostheer is usually not worth the investment in my opinion.
Now it's getting its rear armour nerfed again (as well as other heavy tanks to keep it fair).

What do you think guys and girls?
10 May 2016, 19:27 PM

For ages?
It recevied range buff iirc.

10 May 2016, 19:28 PM

Yeah it got a range buff which did help, but it prob could use a buff, its pretty shite you guys know what I mean broffas?
10 May 2016, 19:29 PM

The stug and panzer 4 and panther get more armor as they vet up. Tiger should get increased armor at vet 3 instead of mobilty and rate of fire. lets say + 75 armor at vet 3? It will make it worth the preservation.

Similarly I think allied tanks should get penetration buffs as they vet up. This will REALLY reward preservation and somewhat ease the super heavy tanks issue allied armor faces.
10 May 2016, 19:30 PM

Nothing wrong with the Tiger 1 in my opinion. Though I wouldn't mind it getting a slight buff in it's main gun accuracy and seeing it get tossed into T4 instead of not requiring tech (like T34/85s; this is my opinion on all medium/heavy call-in tanks).

Just plain buffing it would make Mech Assault PAK40/StugE/Tiger even more potent, which is already a retardedly good and easy strategy.
10 May 2016, 19:34 PM

Maybe a slight armor or penetration buff. One of the two, not both. At this point you might as well get a panther. The tiger isn't even very good against comets, it bounces way to much.
10 May 2016, 19:47 PM

I think its alright maybe slight front armor buff in light of the british tanks. It should remain weak tho to a well timed medium flank in the ass. I think you really get it more for the AI and generalist ability it still wipes squads easily.

If your fighting comets you want panthers they have a hard time penning the front of panthers. Pak wall with tigers is still effective as well is it not?
10 May 2016, 19:53 PM

how exactly is the tiger weak? it still reliably kill allies medium and infantry, and can fight IS2 and pershing on a equal basis.

stuff, like the FF, jackson, and su-85 are the counter to tiger. Without those counter the allies are fairly screwed against the tiger, unless the allies got their own heavy/advanced tank out.
10 May 2016, 19:59 PM

For ages?
It recevied range buff iirc.

And penetration buff.
10 May 2016, 20:04 PM

Yea, I don't think anything is wrong with Tiger itself. The problem is that Allied tank destroys can easily kite the Tiger at ranges (especially Fireflies). I think many people realize Panther and P4 offer more value due to current meta.
10 May 2016, 20:08 PM

A heavy tank that can´t take hits is a bad heavy tank.

It gets penetrated frontally on a regular basis and the HP pool is quite low. With the IS-2 buff inbound (reduced scatter) in the balance preview mod the Tiger also needs something. I would prefer more health or frontal armor. The rear armor is going to be nerfed so flanking is rewarded. Then it´s only logical to reward the Ostheer player for keeping the frontal armor at the enemy.

Especially considering the problems I have explained in the other thread a Tiger buff could help. Ostheer lacks its former lategame punch. You are crippled early and only mediocre lategame. A slight Tiger buff could actually help to make Ostheer a viable faction again.
10 May 2016, 20:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2016, 20:08 PMButcher
A heavy tank that can´t take hits is a bad heavy tank.

It gets penetrated frontally on a regular basis and the HP pool is quite low. With the IS-2 buff inbound (reduced scatter) in the balance preview mod the Tiger also needs something. I would prefer more health or frontal armor. The rear armor is going to be nerfed so flanking is rewarded. Then it´s only logical to reward the Ostheer player for keeping the frontal armor at the enemy.

Especially considering the problems I have explained in the other thread a Tiger buff could help. Ostheer lacks its former lategame punch. You are crippled early and only mediocre lategame. A slight Tiger buff could actually help to make Ostheer a viable faction again.

Well we don't want a King Tiger 2.0 for Wehrmacht either. The buff in Tiger's health needs to corresponds with other cost increase or pop cap.

10 May 2016, 20:16 PM

Well we don't want a King Tiger 2.0 for Wehrmacht either. The buff in Tiger's health needs to corresponds with other cost increase or pop cap.

And why would it get any kind of buff?

It was just buffed with range and penetration.

It doesn't need anything more for its in a good spot.

Its suppose to be A choice, not THE choice.
10 May 2016, 20:22 PM

I wouldn't say its UP, its still a decent option, but I do think it could use a touch of front armor.
10 May 2016, 20:46 PM

I think it just to weak against heavies. I use it like a big p4 for infantry, but if I need a tank hunter I go for Panthers.
10 May 2016, 20:49 PM

i always compare the tiger and is2 as to well asymmetrical balanced tanks, tiger having a better gun compared to is2's better Armour, but now is2's scatter is getting better improving its gun so imo tiger should get better Armour.

The thing about the tiger is atm, you dont even have to flank it, it gets penned so reliably from the front (yes overtime it got sight range and pen buff but so did many allied tanks). When ever i use the tiger, its mostly in base constantly repairing
10 May 2016, 20:54 PM

Just buff frontal armor, nothing more, its a good tank
10 May 2016, 20:59 PM

because Speed, good armor, ok firepower and fast turrent rotation is always better for attack.

u know what i mean. It became obsolete

10 May 2016, 21:00 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

It's fine.
10 May 2016, 21:12 PM

Make it have more ROF/pen at vet 2, Solved.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS