Login

russian armor

Relic: Week 1 Update to the Balance Mod

PAGES (10)down
6 May 2016, 09:15 AM

6 May 2016, 09:17 AM

Well, I am only reading about concerns of OKW blobs. Is blobbing by us players history now? My experiense by playing against US is, that at least 80% of the time, the US players are blobbing!

Btw, blobbing with schreck: You will always face one SP with at least three volks, because of minesweeper. Now you have to add at least 1-2 more sp for schrecks. Thats a huge bunch of MP and Ammo and a nice target vor Katyusha or is easy stopped my 2 MGs.

My suggestion against blobs: Relic is using an area-effect, so by crowding soldier together, you get a reduction in accuracy, so the blob is less effective. Problem solved!
6 May 2016, 09:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 May 2016, 19:18 PMnigo
https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/comment/244608#Comment_244608

Most remarkable changes:

*Panzershreck upgrade package added to STpios
*Reversal changes on Penals assault package
*T34 nerf on coaxial gun
*Buff to Raketen firing arc

Sorry but how the fuck does relic expect schrek spam to go away if they just transfer it to an assault unit? BLOODY IDIOTS!

Relic, which faction does NOT struggle against tanks when they are behind in resources. OKW can purchase another Rak pretty damn easily, you don't need to reintroduce schrek spam meta just because people might have fallen behind in resources. You making schreks a crutch for bad play is most of the problem!

FFS! Don't do it!
6 May 2016, 09:22 AM

Yo where my OKW boys at smash that like button fam :sibHyena:real volk hours get dat shrek in the trunk :brad:
6 May 2016, 09:24 AM

Yo where my OKW boys at smash that like button fam :sibHyena:real volk hours get the shrek in the trunk :brad:

Let the fury of the mighty OKW lead us to VICTORY
6 May 2016, 09:33 AM

Yo where my OKW boys at smash that like button fam :sibHyena:real volk hours get dat shrek in the trunk :brad:

Fuckin wath m9 !!!!!!!11!
6 May 2016, 09:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 May 2016, 01:10 AMWoofs
Does the penal squad still cost 300mp?

The cost definitely needs to be lowered if they remove the PPSH package
6 May 2016, 09:55 AM

Hope so, was hyped that penal squad can be a mini-replacement for shock troops so i can try out tank hunter tactics.
6 May 2016, 10:08 AM

lol hell no, have you even tried playing 1v1 with the mod on. The 3 ppsh+flamer make penal into a close range unit, make its mid and long combat ability decreased because of lost of 3 SVT. The only flamer package make penal perform the full potential of the SVT buff, the flamer denies the troops in the cover, and when they are out of the cover, they then got rekted by 5 SVT in all range.

I would say by removing the 3 ppsh actually buffing the penals.
6 May 2016, 10:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 May 2016, 09:55 AMWoofs

Hope so, was hyped that penal squad can be a mini-replacement for shock troops so i can try out tank hunter tactics.

Penals will be better without it, they were too squishy to actually make best use of ppsh.
6 May 2016, 11:05 AM

Some good changes, but don't like moving the Shreks to Sturmpios and giving AT Snare to Volks. This will completely deny any light vehicle use versus OKW and will make the use of medium tanks extremely difficult.

Running over that shrek blobs was one of the best things you could do to punish blobbers. Now your charging tank gets one or two Shreks in its face, then a snare and its toasted. They should have changed Raketen to be less squishy or bring on a unit with Panzerbuchse instead.
6 May 2016, 11:31 AM
Donator 33

When are the changes going to be implemented?
6 May 2016, 12:01 PM

Does anyone else think it's a little insane that OKW has everything they need to destroy Allied medium armor and utterly annihilate light armor / vehicles in T0? Panzerfaust on Volks, Panzershrek on Sturms, and a cheap ATG that can cloak and retreat, now with a wider arc of fire?

IMO if OKW has the Shrek back on Sturms, they should lose the Faust on Volks. It's just too much, there's no weakness... particularly when you look at the late game and they have not one but TWO tank destroyers (Jagdpanzer and Panther) with the best heavy tank as a default tech reward / T0 unit...
6 May 2016, 12:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 May 2016, 21:08 PMRappy

I never had a problem with getting rid of mortar pits on most maps. You can just walk up to them and chuck flame grenades in them, or even over a hedge or fence where they are usually badly placed.

time to stop playing AI
6 May 2016, 12:21 PM

Does anyone else think it's a little insane that OKW has everything they need to destroy Allied medium armor and utterly annihilate light armor / vehicles in T0? Panzerfaust on Volks, Panzershrek on Sturms, and a cheap ATG that can cloak and retreat, now with a wider arc of fire?

IMO if OKW has the Shrek back on Sturms, they should lose the Faust on Volks. It's just too much, there's no weakness... particularly when you look at the late game and they have not one but TWO tank destroyers (Jagdpanzer and Panther) with the best heavy tank as a default tech reward / T0 unit...

Whats stronger versus tanks, than 5 volks with Shrek? Yes, three Sturms with Shrek and one Volks with Faust. I hope this will turn out real soon. It was always the biggets problem for brits and OKW that hey had no non-doctrinal snare. Brits made up for this by a fast tech to tanks and OKW made up by having the best handheld AT-weapon as a T1 upgrade on a T0 unit.
6 May 2016, 13:03 PM

Delete faust on volks if you're giving the shrecks back. Otherwise the changes look good.
6 May 2016, 13:32 PM

Delete faust on volks if you're giving the shrecks back, otherwise the changes are looking way to good.

Fixed it for ya. :thumbsup: :lolol:
6 May 2016, 13:39 PM

Is it a bug or intentional to give minesweeper + schreck to the sturmpioniere?
schreck + minesweeper + minelayer + repairing + healing + stungrenades
swiss army knife on legs :hyper:
nee
6 May 2016, 13:40 PM

If they really want OKW to keep handheld AT, then they should just replace Volks panzerschreck with AT rifles. Makes them super against against light vehicles but perform like shit against tanks. Maybe give Obers the faust instead?

I also think that maybe incendiary and concussive grenade should be swapped between the units, with incendiary the Volks make such ideal assault infantry over Sturms due to size and cost.

With that in mind, the perfect combo literally requires all three units working together. Part of the problem is that a specific OKW squad (almost always Volks) is a metaphorical all eggs in one basket, which naturally resulted in them being blobbed. By contrast it is bad strategy to blob Grenadiers or even Panzergrenadiers since you need both in equal numbers to work effectively.

Unless Relic wants OKW to work just like Ostheer then they just need to realize that Volks blob is a reality that should just be accepted, and they get nerfed. So far they're just skirting the issue by swapping upgrades around.
6 May 2016, 13:45 PM
Senior Editor Badge

PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment