Senior Editor Badge

https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/comment/244608#Comment_244608

Most remarkable changes:

*Panzershreck upgrade package added to STpios
*Reversal changes on Penals assault package
*T34 nerf on coaxial gun
*Buff to Raketen firing arc
5 May 2016, 19:22 PM

Urgh, we're going to have Volks mixed with SturmPios blobs instead.

Volks with snare AND antiinfantry update and Volks with AT is going to blob everything away again :/
5 May 2016, 19:26 PM
5 May 2016, 19:33 PM

Lol, after all this time Relic finally tries out the "Just move Shrek to StrumPios!" that's been tossed around for-ev-er. Without trying it out yet I think it makes sense... Strumpios w/ Shreks have several disadvantages

1. 300 MP and higher Reinforce cost means you can't really spam/blob them (I've never built more 2 at a time in 1vs1 anyway)
2. The Shrek hurts their AI DPS a LOT more, especially in conjunction with the Shrek sniping nerf.

That and a faction not having any handheld AT just feels handicapped. A Feurstorm flamer/shrek blob might be kinda lulzy though :D

5 May 2016, 19:35 PM
Donator 11

I'm more concerned about goliath change. Fireworks incoming, streams of money too Kappa
5 May 2016, 19:40 PM
Developer Relic Badge

I'm skeptical on the changes to the Penal flamethrower.

I don't see the overlap with Shocks given Shocks have armour, two kinds of grenades, and more SMGs while also being doctrinal.

This also means we could a return to a sort of Rifle flamer where the flamethrower smokes you out of cover then the regular firearms will pick you off at range. At east with PPshs you needed to close the distance or have another unit to support.
5 May 2016, 19:41 PM

Eh, I think the Goliath change is pretty meaningless - any Sim City worth its salt is going to have a Bofors that'll make it impossible to have the slow ass Goliath close distance. If a Goliath can reach the Brit's emplacements then that generally means you've already got it countered barring some insane maneuver on your part to creep it in close. (Never mind that's its still in a pretty meh commander overall). It's a nice gesture though.
5 May 2016, 19:41 PM

I really hope that the Sturmpioneer upgrade is a double-Panzerschreck upgrade.

It is true that a faction without stock handheld AT is kind of handicapped (hi Soviets). However, the sum total of changes will make OKW a faction with pretty much everything. (+snares, +suppression). Along with all the non-doc stuff that is unique to OKW (stock super-heavy tank, IR halftrack, Vet-5) + the doctrinal wunderwaffen units.

Also, I'm not too happy about the Penal battalion changes. The change appears to be a nerf, but it's actually an insane buff. The whole purpose of bunding flamers with ppsh's is to prevent the Rifle Company effect (flamer flushes enemy out, SVTs annihilate at med range).

Everything else seems reasonable, though.
5 May 2016, 19:45 PM
Patrion 14

All these changes sound fine, with the exception of the penal change. As mentioned prior, the whole point of the PPSHs was to prevent the flamer rifle effect. I never saw the shock overlap to be honest, mainly because penals are more glass cannons with their accuracy bonuses while shocks are meatshields with their armor.
5 May 2016, 19:46 PM

I really hope that the Sturmpioneer upgrade is a double-Panzerschreck upgrade.

It is true that a faction without stock handheld AT is kind of handicapped (hi Soviets). However, the sum total of changes will make OKW a faction with pretty much everything. (+snares, +suppression). Along with all the non-doc stuff that is unique to OKW (stock super-heavy tank, IR halftrack, Vet-5) + the doctrinal wunderwaffen units.

Also, I'm not too happy about the Penal battalion changes. The change appears to be a nerf, but it's actually an insane buff. The whole purpose of bunding flamers with ppsh's is to prevent the Rifle Company effect (flamer flushes enemy out, SVTs annihilate at med range).

Everything else seems reasonable, though.

Its not like OKW doesn't have suppression now to counter it and penals don't have smoke or AT nades.
5 May 2016, 19:51 PM

Love the Comet nerf.......

guess I'll just crutch on Cromwells even more now....

or build a churchill hahahahahahahahahahahah ha ha haaaaaaaaa no.
5 May 2016, 19:53 PM

Penals replace shocks only in that they provided a way to avoid needing shocks. Their powerful AI was offset by the need to tech and upgrade them. Shocks offered a doc way to get a fast moving assault infantry by only investing MP. Shocks also offered far less in urban maps, because without a flamethrower units could dance in and out of buildings.

I agree with Mr. Smith about the shrek upgrade giving OKW all the tools in the tool box. They now have the best of all factions with the downsides of none. What is it OKW is supposed to do worse, where is the weakness? I think increasing the AA HT's AT potency would have been more than enough. This way they could avoid needing early mech, while also synergizing with the new snare abilities. True shrek blobs are gone, but now a volks can run forward snare, and allow a SP to fire away. Oh and now that SP will gain vet at ridiculous rates anticipate extremely high repair/building rates. Oh and one more bit, since they can tuck their minesweeper away they avoid shrek dropping or they can sweep for themselves when they rush forward. The unit is unclear in its function in the current mod.
5 May 2016, 19:56 PM

Its not like OKW doesn't have suppression now to counter it and penals don't have smoke or AT nades.

Sure, the OKW has the AA halftrack. I might have been incredibly unlucky with it, but it seems that its shots hit just about any obstacle between itself and the target. I personally find it very unreliable.

Don't get me wrong about Penals. However, I think that the general consensus so far was that Penals were a bit too strong WITHOUT the upgrade (i.e., the upgrade acted as a downgrade). When you have high DPS and garrison clearing, however, this is where the fun begins!

jump backJump back to quoted post5 May 2016, 19:51 PMGrim
Love the Comet nerf.......

guess I'll just crutch on Cromwells even more now....

or build a churchill hahahahahahahahahahahah ha ha haaaaaaaaa no.

To be fair, the rear armour nerf on Allied tanks won't change a damn thing.

The only things that had trouble penetrating the rear armour of IS-2/Comet were P4 and the Pumas. The things that matter (Paks, Schrecks etc) already had close-to or higher than 180 penetration already.

I agree with Mr. Smith about the shrek upgrade giving OKW all the tools in the tool box. They now have the best of all factions with the downsides of none. What is it OKW is supposed to do worse, where is the weakness? I think increasing the AA HT's AT potency would have been more than enough. This way they could avoid needing early mech, while also synergizing with the new snare abilities. True shrek blobs are gone, but now a volks can run forward snare, and allow a SP to fire away. Oh and now that SP will gain vet at ridiculous rates anticipate extremely high repair/building rates. Oh and one more bit, since they can tuck their minesweeper away they avoid shrek dropping or they can sweep for themselves when they rush forward. The unit is unclear in its function in the current mod.

Arr. The repair rate. Also, inb4 chain-stun-nade blobs :D
5 May 2016, 20:02 PM

Buff to raketen firing arc?

WHERE IS MY FUCKING BUFF TO MAXIM FIRING ARC?!!?!?!??!?!?!

And yea - no buff for penals? Buff to cons then. Free PTRS for Cons/Pens!!!
5 May 2016, 20:03 PM

No PPSH on Penals is actually a buff with their accuracy bonus. Have you played the preview patch?
5 May 2016, 20:05 PM

Goliath:

• added a target table 5x damage multiplier against British Emplacements

THE CHEMO HAS ARRIVED.
5 May 2016, 20:06 PM

Buff to raketen firing arc?

WHERE IS MY FUCKING BUFF TO MAXIM FIRING ARC?!!?!?!??!?!?!

And yea - no buff for penals? Buff to cons then. Free PTRS for Cons/Pens!!!

Here is your buff to Maxim Firing Arc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0MK7qz13bU
5 May 2016, 20:09 PM

Goliath:

• added a target table 5x damage multiplier against British Emplacements

THE CHEMO HAS ARRIVED.

More like pseudo-science snake oil. Tell us how a goliath would get close to a bofors emplacement?
5 May 2016, 20:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 May 2016, 20:09 PMRappy

More like pseudo-science snake oil. Tell us how a goliath would get close to a bofors emplacement?
Mortar pits are toast. If the opponent goes for the pit first you can actually kill it now.

As for the Bofors: Distract the Bofors with a squad. Usually there are a lot of craters around you can hide in. I recall being very frustrated that my Goliaths didn´t kill emplacements when blowing up in their face before. So I must have gotten them there somehow.

I appreciate that they took a step in the right direction with this. At least now you know that the emplacements left without Bofors support go down quicker.
5 May 2016, 20:19 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

Most of the changes seem reasonable except the PPSh on penals being removed
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %