Login

russian armor

Which builds/strats are widely considered "abuse?"

5 May 2016, 16:05 PM

Okay so I know about cancer regiment obviously and emplacement spam and volks blobbing, plus demos I guess, but out of curiosity, what other builds and strats tend to induce rage?

Note that this is not really a discussion about whether these things are imbalanced or not, just whether they reliably cause frustration to play against / butthurt. And I mean reliably as in it happens with lots of people - not just one person raged about it in one game since that can happen with anything.
aaa
5 May 2016, 16:10 PM

1. builds that doesnt include skill or
2.buildt with cheap unit unlock
3. Usage of uncounterable units such as oh sniper on open(vetoed) maps or kt.

Basicaly every okw strat is some of or all of those. Since the resourse penalty removed but prices are not adjusted accordingly just alightly increased.
Another example of #2 is 2x222 no matter how bad you start you always can get it even without fuel point.
5 May 2016, 16:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 May 2016, 16:10 PMaaa
1. builds that doesnt include skill or
2.buildt with cheap unit unlock
3. Usage of uncounterable units such as oh sniper on open(vetoed) maps or kt.

Basicaly every okw strat is some of or all of those. Since the resourse penalty removed but prices are not adjusted accordingly just alightly increased.
Another example of #2 is 2x222 no matter how bad you start you always can get it even without fuel point.

The man answered a simple question, please don't bring your l2p issues in here and try to derail.
5 May 2016, 16:31 PM

The only two things that spring to my mind as truly abusive are Rear Echelon and Royal Engineer spam. Both abuse the weapon racks system to get a large number of very cheap troops that can dish out massive amounts of pain unequaled by anything the Soviets or Axis forces can put on the field.
5 May 2016, 16:34 PM

There's always the frustrating Partisan tactics on building intensive maps like City 17. I love using them but going against them is painful.
5 May 2016, 16:42 PM

The only two things that spring to my mind as truly abusive are Rear Echelon and Royal Engineer spam. Both abuse the weapon racks system to get a large number of very cheap troops that can dish out massive amounts of pain unequaled by anything the Soviets or Axis forces can put on the field.

That's interesting cuz for me it would be easier to just give the weapons to tommies or riflemen and use them. What would you recommend for making those builds work? Do the REs replace normal infantry or just supplement them?
5 May 2016, 16:42 PM

From a 2vs2 perspective this is cheap:

- Cancer commander with counter artillery + emplacement spam
- Double Sniper (every weakness is easily compensated by your teammate in a 2vs2 and it pays off quickly). It can be countered if the opponent builds a Sniper himself, but: USA and OKW can´t do that and even then the game becomes a boring hide and seek fest where one shot can decide the outcome.
5 May 2016, 16:44 PM

That's interesting cuz for me it would be easier to just give the weapons to tommies or riflemen and use them. What would you recommend for making those builds work? Do the REs replace normal infantry or just supplement them?

While RE do not perform as well as Riflemen, they can gain the veterancy to have the 5 man squad. They are substantially cheaper and the weapon racks will compensate whatever dps they lack. This is also with the utility of battlefield repairs and construction. This means a transition to armor would be much more convenient.
5 May 2016, 18:37 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Whatever works and it's effective will be considered by someone as abuse.

5 May 2016, 18:45 PM

Granted, someone once raged at me for building an Ostwind. But if you build 6 emplacements every game you'll encounter more rage than usual. I'm curious about other strategies like emplacement spam.
5 May 2016, 18:57 PM

Absusing the current Elite Troops stun grenade bug is pretty abusive right now...

1. Spam Stun Grenades
2. Wait for Bug Proc
3. Collect Free Wipes
4. Rinse and Repeat

Many people would argue that ghosting wire and sandbags is pretty damn abusive too on some maps ghost XXX can really mess with retreat paths and result in cheesy wipes.

Doorway Flare Mines for sure... because Relic clearly intended for 10 Muni flare to insta-gib any and all squads
5 May 2016, 19:05 PM

Guard motor + 2xsniper vs OKW on Crossing in the Woods.

Stuff of nightmares
5 May 2016, 19:16 PM
Donator 11

What elchino said, every strategy that works can couse rage. I was once called a blobber for having 2 shrecked volk squads spaced on both sides of the road. The whole problem was that opponent decided to drive that road with a sherman and that it was close enough to medic truck to reinforce.
aaa
5 May 2016, 20:41 PM

Skill is effective but dont considered abuse. Ie i never rage in chess. I see my loss is my fault or his skill and i dont say anything there except gg wp.

Here they dont even calculate unit unlock prices, not to say about more difficlult parts of balancing the game and making it skill-competition.
I rage quite most of the games here.
5 May 2016, 20:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 May 2016, 20:41 PMaaa

I rage quite most of the games here.

Soon as you see OKW in the loading screen right? :foreveralone:
5 May 2016, 23:36 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Are you looking for "cheese*" strats or things that will make people rage?.

*Which in fact is not actually cheese in the proper sense (strats which are meant to take the opponent by surprise but are easy to defeat once scouted or prepared for).

SU:
Ghost sandbags, Clowncars (against OKW), double snipers (a. OH), maxim spam, Su76 spam into call ins, dshk spam, M4C, demos, flares/mines in doors, FHQ all in strats, Partisan maphack...
OH:
Double sniper, 222 spam, PW s. , PV s. , Osstruppen, Assault Gren s. just to lose with enough VP difference to gain faction choice :P, Stug-e into Tiger, Command PIV, CAS, Strafe + Stuka dive bomb...
USF:
Rifle spam, Rifle zook/bar blob, RET zook blob, decrew to get more popcap, CalliOP, demo, M10 crush...
OKW:
Volk shreck blob, Stuka, JPIV phaseshifting, Command PV mark vehicle, PF-JLI s., Vet4 Obers, Ghost wire, Ghost sandbags, JT on certain maps, Falls to kill Katyushas, Sturmtiger, Kubel maphack, IR HT + suppression maphack...
UKF:
Double sniper, Emplacement spam, Cancer commander, demos, RE spam, RE piat blobs, Comet s., most UKF offmaps (arty cover, 1 shotting OKW buildings), Cromwell crush, firefly tulips shots...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★