Login

russian armor

Bofors

PAGES (14)down
17 May 2016, 11:27 AM

I´m astonished that nobody has mentioned the indirect buff to emplacements with the upcoming switch from OKW Schrecks to Sturmpioniers. That alone makes it a lot harder to fire volleys at emplacements. At least OKW still has the LeIG.

I feel that the upcoming nerfs to emplacements aren´t sufficient.

Brace alone should cost ammunition and Ostheer still lacks a good non doctrinal counter versus it at all. What really is needed imo is a unit Ostheer can use against emplacements other than the doctrine locked mortar ht.
17 May 2016, 11:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 May 2016, 15:42 PMSchmitz

As already stated, Flak HQ can't barrage your at guns and kill the crew. It is also a lot more expensive and needed to build tanks.

As already stated, you can place that truck in your base and no atgun will touch it. But you know, you will be able to produce same units from it that if you place covering a VP and/or a fuel point....

17 May 2016, 12:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 May 2016, 11:43 AMFul4n0

As already stated, you can place that truck in your base and no atgun will touch it. But you know, you will be able to produce same units from it that if you place covering a VP and/or a fuel point....

Lmao are you for real
17 May 2016, 12:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 May 2016, 10:27 AMSchmitz

Protip? So like the top 50 player playing against the emplacements wasn't doing it right but your super sniper skills would have destroyed that un-decrewable bofors and mortar? So like, an AT gun can fire through emplacements isn't weird/op?

I'm fine with the Bofors as it is cause I can typically handle it but a lot of people aren't and there's good reason for that.

The idea is you use a sniper to deal with his infantry units, early game to stop any advanced bofors. Brits have a very weak early game so you use units like sniper/ostruppen to cheese him early game before they can even get a foothold.

He built a defensive bofors anyway? Oh well just ignore it until PIV, keep pecking away at his other units on the flanks (that combined with his pop being taken up by engies and emplacements will hamper his ability to stop you).

jump backJump back to quoted post17 May 2016, 10:27 AMSchmitz
Jesus dude, when two of the top casters (one of them official ESL) are saying it's a strat that yields high win ration for low skill and low micro, something has to be changed

Since when was one casters word gospel? it was a pretty bias cast imo, the Ost player made a pretty bad build order, made tons of mistakes like wasting his 222 and infantry core.

Yet the brit player was the noob one and the Ost player was incredibly skilled and out of his league...
17 May 2016, 14:51 PM

Settle down guys.

Rollo's sniper suggestion is one of the best so far. Tommies slow rate of fire and expensive models are vulnerable to Rollo's snipetr suggestion for delaying the Bofors, but it doesn't stup a 2v1 blob from coming up one side and forcing retreats. You can't not retreat, an mg can't pin 4 units and the tommies have enough damage to melt most inf. From there it's sim city creep until 2 VPs are covered. Again, the ost/sniper suggestion is one of the most promising.

The poor build order could have been because he had not expected that type of play style, from what I understand it's not as frequently used at higher ranks. A pair of scout cars work great against a snared t70 or AEC.

Playing against the Bofors bites into your infantry and wipes any vehicles that get in range. As I've said before, once the bofors starts shooting at a light vehicle, it doesn't have time to reverse out of range before it's dead.

Shooting an AT gun through the bofors is definitely bs.

Ful4n0, and what happens to my ability to build tanks when my truck covering the vp gets destroyed? What are my chances of winning if I can't produce a panther? Or have to pay 135 fuel to replace it?

17 May 2016, 16:22 PM

u said guys in team games bofors is OP but for me the biggest cancer is jagtiger, there is no counter for that especially when u play as USF but yeah lets cry because wermaht is forced to use some special commanders with HF lol good to know that another factions arent forced to chose commanders (my english sux hard but i cant just read this shiet)
17 May 2016, 16:49 PM

u said guys in team games bofors is OP but for me the biggest cancer is jagtiger, there is no counter for that especially when u play as USF but yeah lets cry because wermaht is forced to use some special commanders with HF lol good to know that another factions arent forced to chose commanders (my english sux hard but i cant just read this shiet)

Then don't :) It's not like any of this will change anything anyway.

Sorry Rollo, didn't mean to be a d*ck, but I really think the barrage ability has to go and Brit emplacements need to be able to be decrewed. If a tank can be abandoned, so should a bofors. If a 40mm AA gun can barrage, so should the 88mm PaK 43...
17 May 2016, 18:23 PM

Wow. The Jagtiger wasn't even on my radar as OP. I don't have the numbers in front of me but can't a t70 kill it if it gets behind it and circle strafes?

jump backJump back to quoted post17 May 2016, 16:49 PMSchmitz

Sorry Rollo, didn't mean to be a d*ck, but I really think the barrage ability has to go and Brit emplacements need to be able to be decrewed. If a tank can be abandoned, so should a bofors. If a 40mm AA gun can barrage, so should the 88mm PaK 43...

I think the devs watch the forums. They outcry to removing schrecks from Volks is currently being tested. I'm pretty "meh" on that subject. I don't like the stg44 package. I find it a waste of muni. I'd rather see a x4 package that costs 110 muni and unlocked after 2 trucks. With the upgrade, it feels like they are worse against rifles.

I haven't had any luck playing the mod against a Bofors yet, so I don't know if the changes make any difference. Maybe the munition cost of bracing will be enough to smooth out the power level.

17 May 2016, 18:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 May 2016, 18:23 PMsinthe

Wow. The Jagtiger wasn't even on my radar as OP. I don't have the numbers in front of me but can't a t70 kill it if it gets behind it and circle strafes?

Yeah, that's a great way to judge the balance of a unit.

A single Ostruppen model will also destroy a mortar pit.

A single JP4, P4, or STUG will also kill a bofors, and you made a whole thread about it...
17 May 2016, 18:48 PM

Did you mean to say that if a 40mm AA gun can barrage then so should the flak truck because those would be the closest units to compare, the Bofors and the Pak43 and totally different units. Besides that I totally agree with everything else you said.
17 May 2016, 20:46 PM

Yeah, that's a great way to judge the balance of a unit.

A single Ostruppen model will also destroy a mortar pit.

A single JP4, P4, or STUG will also kill a bofors, and you made a whole thread about it...

It's a great way of judging a unit. Honestly, that is what I love about this game. Almost every unit, in the right situation, can kill almost any other unit. It's a game of who is better at utilizing their units.

The Bofors on the other hand has a very narrow window of units that can kill it consitently and none of them are below t3. It also hard counters what should be it hard counter it with indirect fire and for the low price of 400 manpower.

If the OKW Flak was as powerful as the Bofors, you would have made your own thread. I understand that they shouldn't be compared in a vacuum. But if you switch the roles, allied players would be blasting these threads.

I can't play 2v2 as OH anymore, because I lose almost every game Bofors comes up, it drags my ladder rank down even more and then I end up playing even more double Brits.
17 May 2016, 20:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 May 2016, 20:46 PMsinthe
I can't play 2v2 as OH anymore, because I lose almost every game Bofors comes up, it drags my ladder rank down even more and then I end up playing even more double Brits.

This on itself only means that other people can fight the bofors far better than you can, because your Ostheer ladder rank is only compared to other Ostheer players. So this argument would only make sense if OKW and Ostheer would share the same ladder and OKW players would skyrocket their rank because of LEIG play versus brits.
17 May 2016, 21:12 PM

Thats not what I was inferring. As OH, I consistently lose against Bofors. My loses mount, my rank drops, then I get put in more games with people that use Bofors. Edit: As it seems that Bofors play is much more common in the lower ladder matches.

My OKW rank is much better currently than my OH.
18 May 2016, 01:13 AM

If a tank can be abandoned, so should a bofors. If a 40mm AA gun can barrage, so should the 88mm PaK 43...

Oh Hell Yeah!
+1!

Did you mean to say that if a 40mm AA gun can barrage then so should the flak truck because those would be the closest units to compare, the Bofors and the Pak43 and totally different units. Besides that I totally agree with everything else you said.

Nope.
Originally the 88mm used to be a flak cannon converted to an Anti Tank role.
Historically, it would make more sense if it were a versatile role, however it would break immersion given the Pak43 is an actual AT gun.

This on itself only means that other people can fight the bofors far better than you can, because your Ostheer ladder rank is only compared to other Ostheer players. So this argument would only make sense if OKW and Ostheer would share the same ladder and OKW players would skyrocket their rank because of LEIG play versus brits.

And you have mortar my friend.
18 May 2016, 15:02 PM

No, I don't think that anything with less than a 75mm gun should have any barrage ability (except the incoming US mortar, but that's a mortar).
18 May 2016, 18:25 PM

And you have mortar my friend.

Of course, Ostheer has a mortar, but the LEIG is more efficient in killing emplacements by far. Its the best emplacement killer from early to mid game.
18 May 2016, 19:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 May 2016, 15:42 PMSchmitz

As already stated, Flak HQ can't barrage your at guns and kill the crew. It is also a lot more expensive and needed to build tanks.

And as already stated, it's 'free'. With support of volks blob and ISGs, it's also extremely resilient. It also doesn't take any flame damage like emplacements do.

If i could build T4 OST building or SOV building on a rear cutoff point that has almost 2000 HP, suppresses, damages tanks, shoots down aircraft, at 0 pop cost, and comes along with teching, I would. It's expensive because T4 is expensive just like EVERY OTHER FAcTION! If you lost your T4 building of SOV or OST, it would cost that much to build it again. The cost you're paying for is part of teching, not the building/unit itself.
18 May 2016, 20:26 PM

And as already stated, it's 'free'. With support of volks blob and ISGs, it's also extremely resilient. It also doesn't take any flame damage like emplacements do.

If i could build T4 OST building or SOV building on a rear cutoff point that has almost 2000 HP, suppresses, damages tanks, shoots down aircraft, at 0 pop cost, and comes along with teching, I would. It's expensive because T4 is expensive just like EVERY OTHER FAcTION! If you lost your T4 building of SOV or OST, it would cost that much to build it again. The cost you're paying for is part of teching, not the building/unit itself.

And guess what, Bofors is 4 times as free as the Flak HQ!
18 May 2016, 23:40 PM

It's definitely not free. The cost of the gun is blended into the price. The risk involed in the flak truck is huge. I can't spam it and when I lose it my next tank costs an extra 135 fuel. The risks involved in using the flak truck are no where near the Bofors risk lies. Losing the truck can lose you the game. The Bofors isn't susceptible to much flames considering getting a flame unit close to it is impossible unless it's in brace or next to a sight blocker.

The Bofors and the Flak truck can not be compared. Two totally different units.

Closest thing axis has to the bofors is the flak emplacement.

19 May 2016, 06:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 May 2016, 23:40 PMsinthe

Closest thing axis has to the bofors is the flak emplacement.

Kek
PAGES (14)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight