Login

russian armor

Bofors

PAGES (14)down
13 May 2016, 14:34 PM

Mortar emplacements shouldn't be a problem in 1v1s. 2v2s + they can be for Ostheer. A pair of mortars can hard counter to the pit if and only if you can get some good coordination with your ally. The Ostheer mortars need to get very close to the front line to hit the enemy mortar and are therefore exposed to enemy infantry and tanks. They pack up slow and are prone to being wiped which means attacking the pit is very risky.

Keep you ally around your mortars while you bombard and killing the emplacements shouldn't be too hard. If he has a Bofors nearby spread out your mortars unless you don't mind them getting suppressed and pinned.
13 May 2016, 15:28 PM

In 1v1's emplacements represent a serious risk. A player simply cannot set them up and guard them early. In all other game modes emplacements represent significantly less risk because another player can easily provide cover. Once set up they completely deny areas of the map.

Brit mortars fire quickly, are fairly accurate on auto-fire and easily out range Ost mortars. Once the Boffors goes up, good luck. The bofors will shut down light vehicles and likely mediums, as long as an ally as any form of AT, while barraging mortars that get too close. This leads to a terrible situation where the German team has to immediately counter attack. If they lose, and the Allied team should anticipate them, the Allied team holds a significant advantage from then until likely the mid to late game. If they do manage to destroy the emplacements they need to do with for cheaper than the emplacements cost, very difficult.

Emplacements are currently stupid. They function as an all or nothing device because of their cost, and they are completely ridiculous in that they easily shut down support weapon play. Two mortar shells landing simultaneously almost guarantee that every MG on the field has to be on the move constantly.

I am all for the Brits being potent in team games, but emplacements need careful consideration as they appear to be functioning very differently outside of 1v1.
13 May 2016, 16:18 PM

Well, I have a solution.

Reduce CP cost of Ost 105mm artillery from 8 to 5-6. This means it can be used earlier against emplacements should UKF player choose to sim city.

600mp is a large investment as well.
13 May 2016, 16:33 PM

Well, I have a solution.

Reduce CP cost of Ost 105mm artillery from 8 to 5-6. This means it can be used earlier against emplacements should UKF player choose to sim city.

600mp is a large investment as well.

5 cp but 800mp ok ?
14 May 2016, 00:21 AM
14 May 2016, 01:46 AM

Oh god this thread. All I'm saying is that I don't find emplacements overpowered, but that they undermine what makes this game fun/dynamic, a sentiment I extend onto virtually all emplacements and trucks.

But people are arguing with me over whether we're disagreeing or not ffs.

Tomes of arguments. :|
14 May 2016, 10:10 AM

If you haven't been playing against this, then you lack understanding.

It's not like flanking an MG that has to unpack and set up. It spins around rapidly. Essentially its blindside exists for such a short period (the time it takes to destroy the first attacking unit) that it can't be considered a blindside in the usual sense (as in with MGs)

And even if you do get its health down low, they can hit brace.

You also have to factor in their other units supporting the bofors.

I don't understand why you can refute my claim so glibly with "smoke and flank" when you haven't been going up against this unit repeatedly and when so many other players are saying the same thing as me. Try it. Try a few games vs Brits with the emplacement commander. I'll be delighted to see a replay of you "flanking a bofors".

+1
14 May 2016, 10:21 AM

In 1v1's emplacements represent a serious risk. A player simply cannot set them up and guard them early. In all other game modes emplacements represent significantly less risk because another player can easily provide cover. Once set up they completely deny areas of the map.

Brit mortars fire quickly, are fairly accurate on auto-fire and easily out range Ost mortars. Once the Boffors goes up, good luck. The bofors will shut down light vehicles and likely mediums, as long as an ally as any form of AT, while barraging mortars that get too close. This leads to a terrible situation where the German team has to immediately counter attack. If they lose, and the Allied team should anticipate them, the Allied team holds a significant advantage from then until likely the mid to late game. If they do manage to destroy the emplacements they need to do with for cheaper than the emplacements cost, very difficult.

Emplacements are currently stupid. They function as an all or nothing device because of their cost, and they are completely ridiculous in that they easily shut down support weapon play. Two mortar shells landing simultaneously almost guarantee that every MG on the field has to be on the move constantly.

I am all for the Brits being potent in team games, but emplacements need careful consideration as they appear to be functioning very differently outside of 1v1.

I totally agree with this. To clear things out, i m talking about team games in my post 2v2+.,in 1v1 emplacements are not so desirable and perform differently as said. So,to continue, Axis players needs to be very agressive early game vs brits and allies to denie them strategic points( fuel for example) and if they somehow fail to do so(even just for a minute),early bofors and mortars can lock these points for enough time to ally players can take big advantage over axis players. To be clear i think emplacements can be countered,so i agree with both sides here,but when axis finally do take these things out, axis are already in big disadvantage whether it is fuel or ammunition,and sometimes both..I think brit emplacements just come too early atm
14 May 2016, 11:08 AM

jeez guys pls end this topic, bofors is fine i know this hurts when u realise that germans are no more longer the best defensive faction but pls adapt or something as first post say there is many counters i am brit player in teamgames and i can honestly tell u smart axis players easliy rekt bofors especialy when someone play okw
14 May 2016, 11:53 AM
Donator 22

jeez guys pls end this topic, bofors is fine i know this hurts when u realise that germans are no more longer the best defensive faction but pls adapt or something as first post say there is many counters i am brit player in teamgames and i can honestly tell u smart axis players easliy rekt bofors especialy when someone play okw

Oh ok. Please close the thread almighty superstefan has spoken
[ :rofl: ]
14 May 2016, 12:10 PM

:thumbsup: thx helmut karl for your suport [alahakbar]
14 May 2016, 13:48 PM

Another suggestion, which is a quality of life improvement one.

Emplacement are not to be shot blockers when it is under construction. (So engis dont get a mysterious shield as they build)
14 May 2016, 17:50 PM

More often then not a bofors spells GG for mid level OH players
15 May 2016, 16:09 PM

I was just thinking about the okw flak halftrack. If the flak halftrack was as efficient as the bofors, all allied players would be screaming for a nerf.
15 May 2016, 16:38 PM

At this point all I'd ask for is the removal of the Bofors attack ground ability so I can smoke and flamer HT it to death :0 especially since they are making flamer HT upgrade cheaper :)
15 May 2016, 16:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2016, 16:09 PMsinthe
I was just thinking about the okw flak halftrack. If the flak halftrack was as efficient as the bofors, all allied players would be screaming for a nerf.

Make it just as mobile as bofors and just as big, so indirect fire can't accidentally miss and you have a deal. :snfBarton:
15 May 2016, 18:32 PM

Has anyone seen this cast that tightrope did? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ_axxkC0IY

Basically shows that one can have no micro and be a relatively crap player and nearly beat a top player using emplacements. Give it a watch and then try to make an argument that emplacements don't need a nerf.
15 May 2016, 19:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2016, 16:55 PMKatitof

Make it just as mobile as bofors and just as big, so indirect fire can't accidentally miss and you have a deal. :snfBarton:

That's fine as long as 2 pak hits kill a Bofors.
15 May 2016, 19:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2016, 18:32 PMSchmitz
Has anyone seen this cast that tightrope did? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ_axxkC0IY

Basically shows that one can have no micro and be a relatively crap player and nearly beat a top player using emplacements. Give it a watch and then try to make an argument that emplacements don't need a nerf.

I have yet to be provided with a solution that can consistently beat a bofors and the only time I can beat it is when the british player doesn't set up shop w/ mortar pit and at guns and only then can I consistently beat it with OKW.

I have literally tried every suggestion on this forum and nothing works well. The bofors does not have a counter (edit) that the british play can't easily adjust to.
15 May 2016, 19:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2016, 19:32 PMsinthe

I have yet to be provided with a solution that can consistently beat a bofors and the only time I can beat it is when the british player doesn't set up shop w/ mortar pit and at guns and only then can I consistently beat it with OKW.

I have literally tried every suggestion on this forum and nothing works well. The bofors does not have a counter (edit) that the british play can't easily adjust to.

That's the thing, like in this video, the only reason that the double Lefh wasn't countered was that the Brit player was crap. He could've easily destroyed those howitzers with the gammon bomb or the comet.
PAGES (14)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS