Isg
Any type of infantry
Any flame weapons
Light vehicles
Paks
Racketen
Artillery
Mobile artillery

The only thing I've been able to use to with moderate success is medium and heavy tanks and by the time I'm there I'm dealing with british armour already.

I have not seen any cost effective counter to the bofors. Everything I've read to use as a counter costs a great deal more than the bofors in both resourses and micro. I don't think there is currently a more cost effective unit in the game.

Once the bofors has been placed it gathers mortor pits and at guns to cement their position. Most game this happens it is impossible to cut of feul and then I end up facing tanks in superior numbers.

I play mostly 2v2 AT lanning computers.

Anyone suggesting that this isn't a problem, please post a reply showing how you deal with this. As my friend aNd I literally lose nearly every game we see a bofors.
2 May 2016, 19:12 PM

Isg, paks, artillery. And mediums although they're easily countered with a single ATG. Multiple mortars also works. Space them out.
2 May 2016, 19:16 PM

Double mortar with Halftrack for constant reinforcing
Kri
2 May 2016, 19:16 PM

Working around it, Panther, P4, Jagdpanzer, Tiger, Sturmtiger, King Tiger, Mortar Halftrack, Jagdtiger, Flame HT, Inc. nades+schrecks.
2 May 2016, 19:22 PM

Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post2 May 2016, 18:55 PMsinthe
What is the hard counter for this?
So far I've determined that it's not the following:
Mortars
Isg
Any type of infantry
Any flame weapons
Light vehicles
Paks
Racketen
Artillery
Mobile artillery

The only thing I've been able to use to with moderate success is medium and heavy tanks and by the time I'm there I'm dealing with british armour already.

I have not seen any cost effective counter to the bofors. Everything I've read to use as a counter costs a great deal more than the bofors in both resourses and micro. I don't think there is currently a more cost effective unit in the game.

Once the bofors has been placed it gathers mortor pits and at guns to cement their position. Most game this happens it is impossible to cut of feul and then I end up facing tanks in superior numbers.

I play mostly 2v2 AT lanning computers.

Anyone suggesting that this isn't a problem, please post a reply showing how you deal with this. As my friend aNd I literally lose nearly every game we see a bofors.

There's no real counter to it, as it counters its counters for free.

Free barrage with suppression, it deletes anything that isnt a p4 or upwards.

The only thing ive used with moderate sucess vs it is puma + isg/ stuka, still its costs me around 5 times as much in resources and dedicated micro. The brit pushes either the build button or the brace/free barrage.

Extremely biased players still think that the emplacements are in any way or form balanced and that require any kind of skill to use, but oh well such is coh2.
2 May 2016, 19:23 PM

isg outranges barrage...
2 May 2016, 19:24 PM

this is not a balance thread.
2 May 2016, 19:24 PM

You already listed the hard counter. My personal experience from playing OKW and Brits is that ISG rapes Bofors. If he only has a single Bofors its already dead, because Bofors special ability does not reaches ISG (only Ostheer Mortar). So british player will most likely build a mortar emplacement first. The more emplacements he has the more ISGs you can build without loosing the battle of infantry units. Yes it is a static/boring war but ISG will win, especially if he spended ressources on bofors which do not help in mortar/ISG battle. Do not forget that each Bofors delays his first Cromwell and thats a huge win for you. You really should learn to counter the use of multiple static emplacements, a british player playing aggressively and using one or maybe two mortar emplacements defensively as support unit is much more dangerous.
2 May 2016, 20:01 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

So considering Brits always build a mortar pit to accompany their Bofors, now whats the counter? As Ost? lol
2 May 2016, 20:16 PM

Multiple mortars doesn't seem to work. With my partner we use 4 all together in our build order and they are usually wiped out (only need to kill 3 models) or signifigantly damaged by the bofors attack or the counter barrage. This is also true for paks.

"Working around it, Panther, P4, Jagdpanzer, Tiger, Sturmtiger, King Tiger, Mortar Halftrack, Jagdtiger, Flame HT, Inc. nades+schrecks."

Above is a terrible idea and admission to this being over powered in the first place. There is nothing that axis can do about this emplacement until heavy tanks come, there is definately a power issue.

A bofors will kill a flame halftrack in less than 3 seconds.

ISG doesn't not out range a mortar pit and I've rarely seen a bofors without a mortar pit immediately beside it.

I've tried rushing double scout cars to partrol and make sure that they don't have a chance to even build it, but far to often they stumble apon on just getting finished and it "deletes" both of my scout cars.

This is a balance issue the bofors is way over powered. If it stays as is the build time should at lease be doubled. As it stands i've seen them as early as 5 minutes. And considering all the hard counters are medium-heavy tanks, I don't understand how someone can say that complete area denial for that price is acceptible.

Also, let's see some replays of effectivve countering.
2 May 2016, 20:30 PM

Bofors is fine.

The only things bad about emplacement play are addressed in the balance mod. i.e. counter barrage ability and rapid early game construction by tommies.
2 May 2016, 20:31 PM

Aerohank, Please post a reply with you dealing with one.

I'm trying to learn and be open minded about this. But losing thousands of points of manpower a game to a static emplacment that goes down as early as 5 minutes and can't be dealt with until tanks is a pretty BS.
2 May 2016, 20:37 PM

I haven't faced emplacement play anymore since the last balance patch so I don't have any replays at the moment. I'll save the replay next time I face them.
2 May 2016, 20:42 PM

So considering Brits always build a mortar pit to accompany their Bofors, now whats the counter? As Ost? lol

This is becoming my problem as well. In team games you can have a bofors and mortar pit arrive near simultaneously, this makes Ost player largely useless until multiple MHT can be brought up, or a push by the entire team destroys the bofors.

The Bofors should not be able to suppress units outside of its gun's range with a barrage. It already lights up infantry and light vehicles, and is a credible threat to mediums with any sort of support. Its fuel price is low reducing tech loss, and it has a number of commanders which buff it indirectly.

Bofors needs to feel more vulnerable to Ost players, but OKW can have a mixed bag against it to when a mortar pit supports it. Quite a tough nut to crack.
2 May 2016, 20:49 PM

Honestly, the best counter I know of right now is an MHT + a stug. Yea, you need to stall out for 4min+ after a rushed bofors, but it works quite well.

jump backJump back to quoted post2 May 2016, 19:16 PMKri
Working around it

Doesn't really work on small maps like Kharkov, where direct fire can cover half the map width, and barrage covers 2/3rds...

Panther, P4, Jagdpanzer, Tiger, Sturmtiger, King Tiger, Jagdtiger,

These are all T4 and later via doc. Not really sure how useful that is when Bofors can show up at ~8min.

Mortar Halftrack, Flame HT, Inc. nades+schrecks.

You need two MHTs for it to work by itself, since you need to keep constant fire on it. Also requires either a very rare doc, or one of the most useless docs in the game.

Flame HT is made of paper, but works. However you need to get to it and take it out during a single 'brace' period, hope there's no AT... it's very risky.

Nades and Shrecks require support to force it into breace. So you're looking at multiple squads with 120m upgrades, support weapons... not sure how it's fair to counter a single 280/30 building with 1000mp+ and 300muni+.

Pretty much this. OKW has a pretty easy time countering this stuff, Ost, not so much.

2 May 2016, 21:07 PM

I've played games, where we have considerable map control and around the 15 minute mark he starts sim city and then we end up totally losing because he was able to take a feul and build a bofors on it and then a bofors on the next vp and so on.
2 May 2016, 21:14 PM

Honestly, the best counter I know of right now is an MHT + a stug. Yea, you need to stall out for 4min+ after a rushed bofors, but it works quite well.

Flame HT is made of paper, but works. However you need to get to it and take it out during a single 'brace' period, hope there's no AT... it's very risky.

Pretty much this. OKW has a pretty easy time countering this stuff, Ost, not so much.

+1 Just erased the rest of your post to highlight the most important sentences in my opinion ;)

Depending on the situation and building place of emplacement Flamhalftrack, MHT, early Stug or a combination of these are the best early counters for Ostheer. But it still remains true while countering multiple emplacements with OKW feels almost too easy, Ostheer has a hard time.
2 May 2016, 21:42 PM

if anything it should at least have a price increase? i think it currently costs 280 MP/30 fuel? (correct me if im wrong) and is way to cost efficient for what it does. By the time you waste so much manpower, munitions and fuel to take it out another one comes up instantly too lol
2 May 2016, 21:50 PM

The only counter is when relic gets their quota and nerfs it. Go ahead, keep letting the cancer spread..

Fact of the matter is. It's push button for one player. Extream micro for another.

Forces OH commander choice
Forces OKW to Yolo blobb and hope it's not supported by an ally, or Mgs and such

JUST ANOTHER ELIMENT IN THE GAME WHERE AXIS ARE RESPONDING TO ALLIED GAME PLAY
-somethING that has been a problem since the release of the game

There are 3 people who are on these fourms constantly watching for threads like this, and to defend emplacements to death.

Remove emplacements period
2 May 2016, 22:09 PM

I wouldn't say remove them completely. But the efficiency of the Axis emplacements should at least mirror that of the british. The Flak emplacment comes to mind or better yet let them be unmanned to allow a level of risk for the british player.
PAGES (14)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS