Login

russian armor

Balance Preview Mod - Your Thoughts After Using It

PAGES (8)down
29 Apr 2016, 18:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2016, 17:59 PMpoop
Why does the cheap rak deserve the range of more expensive AT guns? It already has the same pen as the 320mp zis (which is silly to begin with), and goes against less-armored allied tanks.

It is available in EVERY build order, unlike soviets and Wermacht.

It can garrison and cloak baseline.

If anything, the crew just needs to be spread out so the don't get hit by mortars so easy, or given cover bonus.

There are some disadvantages:
It does not offer green cover to its crew
It performs only a single role, AT, as compared to the Zis
It is also low to the ground and many shots impact dirt

Price may need to be adjusted, but the Rak is not the best AT gun in the game. The clumping of the crew is near killer as well, because without green cover a single mortar will frequently wipe a full cloaked crew by accident.
29 Apr 2016, 18:29 PM

Someone please explain the StG44 on Volks to me? Shouldn´t they lower effectiveness on long range? Are they special for Volks (neither the Sturmpionier nor the Panzergrenadier StG44)?
29 Apr 2016, 18:45 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2016, 18:29 PMButcher
Someone please explain the StG44 on Volks to me? Shouldn´t they lower effectiveness on long range? Are they special for Volks (neither the Sturmpionier nor the Panzergrenadier StG44)?

They are unique. In Miragefla's mod, they don't reduce long range DPS, so I would assume the same for the balance mod until we get hard stats.
29 Apr 2016, 18:58 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

They are unique. In Miragefla's mod, they don't reduce long range DPS, so I would assume the same for the balance mod until we get hard stats.

Like Ober StGs, basically.
29 Apr 2016, 19:16 PM

Played a game as americans, and the volks fausts are kinda broken, one shot and my jackson was getting engine damage
29 Apr 2016, 19:47 PM

USF mortar is experimental, it is less likely going to be live with the patch. It can, but I wouldn't bet on it.
29 Apr 2016, 19:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2016, 19:16 PMzerocoh
Played a game as americans, and the volks fausts are kinda broken, one shot and my jackson was getting engine damage

Since Jacksons have less than 640 HP they'll always be snared by the first faust. It doesn't matter if it is Volks or Grens who fire the faust since the stats are identical. I'ts been this way ever since relic changed fausts to not damage the engine of tanks unless their health drops below a certain percent.
nee
29 Apr 2016, 20:01 PM

Volks' StG upgrade takes up all slots, so it can't even pick up any weapons to augment itself. That's lame.

As for their panzerfaust, it seems Relic used Grenadier's Panzerfaust from version 1.0, re they always cause critical. What a facepalm.
29 Apr 2016, 20:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2016, 20:01 PMnee
Volks' StG upgrade takes up all slots, so it can't even pick up any weapons to augment itself. That's lame.

As for their panzerfaust, it seems Relic used Grenadier's Panzerfaust from version 1.0, re they always cause critical. What a facepalm.

Seriously?! Well that is swell, guess it'll need to be fixed if it goes live.
29 Apr 2016, 23:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2016, 19:49 PMCabreza

Since Jacksons have less than 640 HP they'll always be snared by the first faust. It doesn't matter if it is Volks or Grens who fire the faust since the stats are identical. I'ts been this way ever since relic changed fausts to not damage the engine of tanks unless their health drops below a certain percent.

This is incorrect. Just tested in cheat mod w/ the May Balance Preview and Volks' snare engine damages full health Jackson whereas Grens' snare does not.

It is a bug that Volks can one-shot snare full health medium armor+.
29 Apr 2016, 23:21 PM

I find something interesting after test:

1.Call-in MG42 for OKW has 90 degree firing angle instead of 120 degree(original).

2.JP IV has 120 degree vision instead of 360 degree vision( original maybe, not sure) which means if JP IV is alone you only have front vision(120 degree), you can not see anything on your back or flank.

3.Compare to the new SU-85,JP IV might need pen buff, it is really hard to pen heavies' front.
30 Apr 2016, 00:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2016, 20:01 PMnee

Right. They should cut one StG.
30 Apr 2016, 00:47 AM

Can anyone confirm that the t-34 coaxial MG is not firing? I tried turning the hull so that only the turret faces enemies to test and there was no visual or audio indicator that it fires. The enemy HP don't seem to decrease unless the t-34 shoots its main cannon as well. I think, if the coaxial is not working, judging the strength of the t-34 in the preview patch becomes hard.
30 Apr 2016, 00:54 AM
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2016, 00:47 AMHorasu
Can anyone confirm that the t-34 coaxial MG is not firing? I tried turning the hull so that only the turret faces enemies to test and there was no visual or audio indicator that it fires. The enemy HP don't seem to decrease unless the t-34 shoots its main cannon as well. I think, if the coaxial is not working, judging the strength of the t-34 in the preview patch becomes hard.

Did you have prioritize vehicles on?
30 Apr 2016, 01:00 AM
Donator 11

T-34/76 spam is now a viable tactic. One cancer goes, another comes to take it's place.

You can always mine the shit out of the map, especially as okw, but not much worse as ost.

The biggest problem of using AI meds is that you sometimes have to go deeper and flank or you will just bounce off a pak wall. But you can't sweep behind enemy lines so its a risk.

If you mine your flanks you will easily defend against flanking manouvers forcing opponent to use his t-34s suboptimally.
30 Apr 2016, 01:01 AM

Because going mortar reduces the number of rifles you can attack with (from 3 to 2), so if you do get a breakthrough you have less capping power. You also must have the mortar with your rifles at all times to get smoke, bringing smoke with you guarantees that you can always have it.

US was underperforming on city heavy maps where a single unit in a building meant that you had to immediately pick a doc with flames or get nades and burn away your munitions. This helps to alleviate this difference in strength by providing a natural, albeit light, counter to players sitting in buildings and stifling USF attacks early with little thought.

The extremely static build order from USF was also bad, because an opponent could know prior to the first mouse click the USF build order into the 4th minute. This should not be part of the game, you should have to make choices at all points in the game.

USF still lacks indirect fire, the mortar, as you should have noted from player feedback, is unlikely to be satisfactory in the role of bombarding an MG to death and getting more than one is probably near impossible in any game mode.

I understand that you are upset with the way the game is progressing, but I am afraid you need to accept that and decide if changes within that framework are worth your input. If not, I suggest at this point that COH2 is no longer the game for you.

You can easily do 3 rifles + mortar. In terms of manpower, it's not much different than many builds from other factions. USF is just very used to fast teching compared to everyone else, but it's not the only playstyle at all. Personally I prefer a very long T1 with USF getting an ambulance + weapon upgrades.

Everyone has a hard time on city maps. Atleast I always seem to regardless of what faction I'm playing.

You don't need to actually bombard machine guns in houses. You just smoke them off and they do nothing. Was always my tactic when using Sov or Ost mortars. Bombarding it is more for if you're not attacking in that area and you just want to annoy him if he's one of those players who afk's his machine guns in a house thinking it's being useful.

Yeah I'm leaning that way. I'm giving the beta a chance to win me over, as I do like some of the most conservatively minded changes like Soviet T4 changes and Ostheer T4 changes) Playing more SC2 these days though.

It's the radical experimental stuff that I think is way too heavy handed and OKW is just a mess but that's not anything new since October.

30 Apr 2016, 01:02 AM

I've been playing the patch preview just in custom games against AI and wow, I have to really point out how BS the expert AI has gotten. I know the AI has always gotten cheats, but it seems like Relic ramped it up twofold. 2v2 with an AI partner is nearly impossible right now. Even when I win, it's an uphill struggle from the get go with the endless horde of tanks, AT guns, and MGs. Even after killing three tanks, there's just five more right behind it. Expert AI provides an unfun, nearly impossible task to hold the map, meanwhile Hard is such a pushover as to present to challenge at all.

inb4 someone says that PvP is all that matters therefore Relic have no duty to make the AI fun and engaging
30 Apr 2016, 02:13 AM

*Meanwhile rangers with 4 Thompson can still pick up a BAR I think..

))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
30 Apr 2016, 02:29 AM

Anyone try the brummbar yet and watch it basically wipe every single support weapon team in one shot. Its so much easier to vet now too.
nee
30 Apr 2016, 02:32 AM

Well I was thinking they don't take up slots, as someone else said, Rangers get 4 SMGs that don't take up slots.

I would recommend Schreck be given back but require like T3, with side tech upgrade to unlock it (or for other units if thats the case). Meanwhile players are pressured to upgrade to StGs that also unlock Faust, whereas if you hold off and get Schreks, they can't use Fausts.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight