Login

russian armor

War Spoils - Open Beta

4 May 2016, 08:57 AM

Agreed, bulletins should mean something now, not to much of course but something.
And the cost of some items like commanders should be lower. Nice post.

Considering that you get 2k points for a victory (as shown in the screenshot) I think the prices are kinda fair. A new commander every 6th game...

The only think they should change is that duplicate commanders give more currency than duplicate bulletins

Yeah, I'm not saying the commanders cost too much, just that I (like many other people) have accumulated dozens of duplicates through lots of gameplay that are worth dollars each in the market. So receiving only 500 supply (1/30th of a new commander, and the same as the worst bulletins or faceplates) for each one feels like a rip-off. Especially when, as Pr3d4t0rS says, it only takes 7.5 wins to buy a commander. Honestly, I would have made it closer to 20 wins. Why would anyone buy a commander with real money if they're that easy to get?

Edit: You get points for playing a match. Points only add up to when you get a reward of some type. They are not equivalent to supply currency.

4 May 2016, 08:59 AM

Especially when, as Pr3d4t0rS says, it only takes 7.5 wins to buy a commander. Honestly, I would have made it closer to 20 wins. Why would anyone buy a commander with real money if they're that easy to get?

You do NOT get a commander after said amount of wins. The counter on the top right is NOT for the supply currency but for the time until the next war spoil drop. It takes way more time (and luck) to get a commander and it's mostly pure RNG again.

(This post is based of my Alpha experience and if this system has changed I'm very sorry and I'm gonna edit my posts)
4 May 2016, 09:01 AM

snip

You have mentioned in the very relic announcement that you can get spoils OR currency through spoil drops.
4 May 2016, 09:02 AM

You have mentioned in the very relic announcement that you can get spoils OR currency through spoil drops.

Can you? This is imo a good change which I also suggested in the Alpha forums. Glad to see they implemented it!
4 May 2016, 09:04 AM

You do NOT get a commander after said amount of wins. The counter on the top right is NOT for the supply currency but for the time until the next war spoil drop. It takes way more time (and luck) to get a commander and it's mostly pure RNG again.

(This post is based of my Alpha experience and if this system has changed I'm very sorry and I'm gonna edit my posts)

Haha, caught me out just before I could come back and edit it :p Yes, I just went and re-read it. Points do not equal supply currency, just the amount of time until you get a reward of some type, although supply dollars are now one of those rewards.
4 May 2016, 09:11 AM

I haven't played the Beta, but the Alpha, were the points meant only the time until your next war spoil drop.

You cannot get any "currency" in other ways than salvaging double bulletins/commanders/skins.

(In the Alpha)

So yeah. That sucked. Nice to be able to talk about it now.
The new system is bad. You can't reliably accumulate points by playing games, you still have to "hope" for duplicates. This is simply stupid.

(Please remember that everything I wrote is based on my Alpha experiences, not Beta.)

Hmm, that's a good point. They explicitly say in the blog entry that only duplicates can be salvaged. That should definitely be changed at the very least.
4 May 2016, 09:16 AM

Haha, caught me out just before I could come back and edit it :p Yes, I just went and re-read it. Points do not equal supply currency, just the amount of time until you get a reward of some type, although supply dollars are now one of those rewards.

No problem at al, pal!

The thing why I am so "angry" is that it really was a possibility to keep players in the game and active.
I wrote a really long text on the official forums which I unfortunately don't have anymore (is there any way to get it again?) where I suggested some changes.

In short:

Instead of only re-implementing the old war spoil system (how it was in the Alpha), consider some possibilites for drops, instead of just RNG stuff as it is now:

• Supply currency (implemented in the Beta), but not in the way they did it, but that the old RNG based drop system is abandoned. You get an amount of supply currency after a game based on how "intense" the game was (50 - 300 I would suggest). If you played a long, close game with many casualties, then you get more points instead of the 50 when playing a 5 minute 'surrender, gg'.
  • 'Commanders on time' - you get a commander (you don't own yet obviously) and can try it for free for a week. After that the purchase of said commander is 25% cheaper.
  • Boosters - You can get boosters that give you 10% - 50% more currency, or drops, or whatever (people who play WarThunder know what this is about)
  • Boosters for your mates - Same stuff as above but also affecting your mates in team games.
  • Sometimes, SOMETIMES the RNG drops as they exist now just for the mix. So you have a 10-20% chance to simply get an item after a game. (That you DO NOT own!)

4 May 2016, 09:21 AM

snip

Yeah, those are some good ideas. At first glance, this new system seemed to dispense with so much of the randomness and lack of control that made people hate the existing war spoils system, but I'm realising now that most of it is still there. If they don't change it, people are still going to hate it, I suspect.

Sadly, the thread on the official forums says they won't consider posts about adding/removing features, just tweaks on the system they've announced.
4 May 2016, 10:01 AM
Donator 22

so no other changes in comparison to the alpha then price changes and dropable supply points?
Man I read so many good suggestions in the alpha forums, its sad relic is too lazy to implement them. Would have been a great change to secure
coh2´s future. The system is better now but still way to dependent on RNG.
You need 30 Duplicates to get one Commander. Assuming you get duplicates with every Warspoil (very unlikely) you will get it after 90 Games (each a Victory). So as a new player you wont get any duplicates, so no Supply coins (except via Warspoils) and no progress towards a commander.This lack of continuous progression was a major critic point back in the alpha, sad the did do so little to solve it.
4 May 2016, 10:05 AM

So as a new player you wont get any duplicates, so no Supply coins (except via Warspoils) and no progress towards a commander.This lack of continuous progression was a major critic point back in the alpha, sad the did do so little to solve it.

A German communist politician once said in the early days of the German Democratic Republic:

'Es muss demokratisch aussehen, aber wir müssen alles in der Hand haben.'

Translation:
'It has to look democratically but we have to pull the threads.'

Relic doesn't want to change much because in their blind view of the gaming market they think that CoH2 will still get them a lot of money through purchases.

4 May 2016, 10:06 AM

Can you get in the beta without a key??
nee
4 May 2016, 10:08 AM

No you must sign up to join.
4 May 2016, 10:15 AM

You must sign up for open beta? So why it is called open beta then, lulz.
4 May 2016, 10:16 AM
Donator 22

'Es muss demokratisch aussehen, aber wir müssen alles in der Hand haben.'

Relic doesn't want to change much because in their blind view of the gaming market they think that CoH2 will still get them a lot of money through purchases.

Yea Ulbricht hits the nail on the head. The system looks like its much better, fair and good, but in reality its almost the same, userunfriendly, rng based bulls**t.
4 May 2016, 10:16 AM

Because it's open to any user who is interested. You have to sign up, did you expect to get food stuffed in your mouth directly?
4 May 2016, 10:18 AM

Because it's open to any user who is interested. You have to sign up, did you expect to get food stuffed in your mouth directly?
i signed up and still waiting for the key, so much about the "open" beta ;)
4 May 2016, 10:19 AM

If you must sign up then it is closed beta. In open beta you just download stuff and play. I bet you are too dumb to see the difference.
4 May 2016, 10:19 AM

Do you really want to argue about the definition of open/closed beta whilst attempting to intimidate with silly insults?

Developers release either a closed beta or an open beta; closed beta versions are released to a restricted group of individuals for a user test by invitation, while open beta testers are from a larger group, or anyone interested.

You sign up to say that you're interested. Everyone who signed up [except the few technical hickups] got a key to play. Thus open beta.

Inform yourself about computing developer cycles before spewing out nonsense.
4 May 2016, 10:23 AM

Closed beta is invite only. This is open beta. I signed up and got my key ~4 hrs later.
4 May 2016, 12:13 PM

Am I the only one annoyed by the bulletins not being able to stack? This makes the whole warspoils system pointless. Further: Since you can´t use the duplicates in one loadout - wouldn´t it be easier to give the "points" directly to the player rather than a duplicate he is forced to trade in?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★