Login

russian armor

War Spoils - Open Beta

3 May 2016, 22:21 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Hey Nigo, do you mind quoting my post and editing it into your OP?

Done.
3 May 2016, 22:30 PM

Just downloaded it and there's some interesting changes

looks really good.
now I got 1 question though:

How much of the currency do you get for selling your commander/bulletin?
3 May 2016, 22:33 PM

looks really good.
now I got 1 question though:

How much of the currency do you get for selling your commander/bulletin?

I cant reply to this yet as im going to sleep for the night.
I also briefly tested in a custom game and it doesnt look like you earn points towards your next drop by playing custom games so rip pepperidge farms.

My best bet answering your question is probably 10% to 25% of the store value of the item.
3 May 2016, 23:00 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

YES RELIC. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESS!
WHO
3 May 2016, 23:18 PM

I feel like if more people knew this was using the Patch test, more people would download it. AUTOMATCH with the new balance preview people!!!!
3 May 2016, 23:28 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post3 May 2016, 23:18 PMWHO
I feel like if more people knew this was using the Patch test, more people would download it. AUTOMATCH with the new balance preview people!!!!

Yeah, thats the reason why I'm downloading it right now :P
nee
4 May 2016, 02:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2016, 19:58 PMTobis
I don't understand why they are doing another one...
Foot in the door technique. The sooner they shove it on us the better and more palatable it will be. Most people are begging for some solution so most people will happily oblige and overlook the negatives, which wmay affect their profit margin.
4 May 2016, 03:26 AM

Heya guys, does test servers go offline? I just cant connect and test warspoil system FeelsBadMan
4 May 2016, 03:37 AM

So if they release this in full in a month or two will we have to d/l the ENTIRE game?

Surely they'd sort out a patch before then- right?
4 May 2016, 03:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 May 2016, 23:18 PMWHO

4 May 2016, 03:49 AM

BTW, I wrote up my own guide for speeding up the download process before finding this thread. It might be a little clearer than Relic's post for some people:

https://www.coh2.org/topic/52448/installing-the-war-spoils-beta-faster/post/529258
4 May 2016, 07:48 AM

Duplicate inventory items that were earned using a War Spoils farming mod will be salvaged without any Supply given to the player. In other words, farmed War Spoils have a Supply value of 0

Source

I think there will be a little bit of "Player frustration"... :bananadance:

4 May 2016, 07:53 AM
Patrion 310

Duplicate inventory items that were earned using a War Spoils farming mod will be salvaged without any Supply given to the player. In other words, farmed War Spoils have a Supply value of 0

Source

Haha rekt. Maybe that will teach people to just play the game instead of farming for ever and ever.
4 May 2016, 07:54 AM

Source

Good riddance :snfPeter:

Easy come, easy go.

Play legit kids or get rekt :snfPeter:
4 May 2016, 08:13 AM

X-post from official forum feedback:

It does feel like a bit of a blow to find that 30 duplicate commanders are needed to get one I want. Basically, if something has an already established (and significant!) real-world worth like commanders do, then people are going to be alienated to receive peanuts in exchange for what they see as their amassed virtual wealth.

I guess it's padded out by however many other duplicate items I have, but I'd really like to hear if there was any rationalisation for putting a flat refund price on every type of item. Otherwise I would strongly advocate offering tiered refund prices (based on % of market value) to avoid community backlash. The news about the farming mod refund price made me laugh out loud though :p

I also strongly feel that bulletins should be reworked before releasing these changes. As other people point out, they are almost entirely worthless without stacking. Since the new system will allow people to obtain the bulletins they want without the hassle of achievements or random drops, it makes sense to rework them to something at least slightly meaningful before the final release. I appreciate that's easier said than done, but once again backlash from the community would be reduced if bulletins were revised/deleted before people started buying them and then having them revoked (unless it was for a full loot refund).
4 May 2016, 08:46 AM

X-post from official forum feedback:

It does feel like a bit of a blow to find that 30 duplicate commanders are needed to get one I want. Basically, if something has an already established (and significant!) real-world worth like commanders do, then people are going to be alienated to receive peanuts in exchange for what they see as their amassed virtual wealth.

I guess it's padded out by however many other duplicate items I have, but I'd really like to hear if there was any rationalisation for putting a flat refund price on every type of item. Otherwise I would strongly advocate offering tiered refund prices to avoid community backlash. The news about the farming mod refund price made me laugh out loud though :p

I also strongly feel that bulletins should be reworked before releasing these changes. As other people point out, they are almost entirely worthless without stacking. Since the new system will allow people to obtain the bulletins they want without the hassle of achievements or random drops, it makes sense to rework them to something at least slightly meaningful before the final release. I appreciate that's easier said than done, but once again backlash from the community would be reduced if bulletins were revised/deleted before people started buying them and then having them revoked (unless it was for a full loot refund).

Agreed, bulletins should mean something now, not to much of course but something.
And the cost of some items like commanders should be lower. Nice post.
4 May 2016, 08:50 AM

Agreed, bulletins should mean something now, not to much of course but something.
And the cost of some items like commanders should be lower. Nice post.

Considering that you get 2k points for a victory (as shown in the screenshot) I think the prices are kinda fair. A new commander every 6th game...

The only think they should change is that duplicate commanders give more currency than duplicate bulletins
4 May 2016, 08:52 AM

Considering that you get 2k points for a victory (as shown in the screenshot) I think the prices are kinda fair. A new commander every 6th game...

The only think they should change is that duplicate commanders give more currency than duplicate bulletins

Its 2k points until next war spoil, not actual 2k currency.
4 May 2016, 08:54 AM

Its 2k points until next war spoil, not actual 2k currency.

oops my bad then. I don't have the beta installed^^
4 May 2016, 08:55 AM

I haven't played the Beta, but the Alpha, were the points meant only the time until your next war spoil drop.

You cannot get any "currency" in other ways than salvaging double bulletins/commanders/skins.

(In the Alpha)

So yeah. That sucked. Nice to be able to talk about it now.
The new system is bad. You can't reliably accumulate points by playing games, you still have to "hope" for duplicates. This is simply stupid.

(Please remember that everything I wrote is based on my Alpha experiences, not Beta.)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★