Login

russian armor

Grenade friendly fire bugged?

25 Apr 2016, 21:05 PM

It seems that the recent patch has almost completely removed friendly fire from grenades. I noticed this when I wanted to suicide one of my HMG teams that got bugged (company of bugs yay!), only to find that my grenades only seemed to do about ~10 damage against my own units. I then did some tests with Rifleman grenades and Grenadier rifle grenades, and both did almost no damage against my own units.

I am fairly certain that this was not the case pre-patch, and it really should be fixed as this just promotes players to walk over their own grenades during an assault with no care in the world.

25 Apr 2016, 21:24 PM

Friendly fire explosive weapons have 0.1 dmg modifier.

I don't know if its from release or something more recent, but its in for a looong time now.
26 Apr 2016, 06:01 AM

Wait, do all explosive weapons have that 0.1 modifier?
26 Apr 2016, 06:07 AM

you can fire heavy arty on your units. no danger close.
26 Apr 2016, 06:26 AM
Senior Editor Badge

WHYYYYYY would Relic do this? ugh.

It's dumb.

I don't think the damage modifiers applies to triggered mines, though? As in, your M10 is adjacent to an M20 mine and a Luchs drives up to it; Luchs is killed, M10 gets 100%damage and immobile, yes?
26 Apr 2016, 06:49 AM

I'm not so certain on the off maps and mines, satchels, demo and gammon bombs and Goliaths(I believe they still do full damage), but I'm fairly positive about nades, mortars, tanks and howis, basically anything ballistic deals 0.1 dmg.

You can freely use stuka on your full health squads, they won't die.
26 Apr 2016, 06:52 AM

you can fire heavy arty on your units. no danger close.

Amazing.

WHYYYYYY would Relic do this? ugh.

It's dumb.

Maybe to stop 4v4 trolls from killing their allies.

But this is indeed super dumb. I can only imagine what terrible gameplay moments this is going to lead to.
26 Apr 2016, 06:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2016, 06:49 AMKatitof

I'm not so certain on the off maps and mines, satchels, demo and gammon bombs and Goliaths(I believe they still do full damage), but I'm fairly positive about nades, mortars, tanks and howis, basically anything ballistic deals 0.1 dmg.

Do you know if relic still reads these forums? Maybe I should make an account on the official forums to post it there as well. But I prefer not to because that place scares me.
26 Apr 2016, 06:57 AM

Do you know if relic still reads these forums? Maybe I should make an account on the official forums to post it there as well. But I prefer not to because that place scares me.

These as in .org?
No, not anymore, Kyle is the only one who visits the forums and he is fully dedicated to official forums, he doesn't reply, confirm or adds to database, he just posts notes and probably does the behind the scene coma job(I literally have no slightest idea what a community manager for just a single game community would do all day, but I know its not being on the forums with the community).
26 Apr 2016, 07:28 AM

Don't do it, there is no way back!
26 Apr 2016, 09:25 AM

Don't do it, there is no way back!

Just as a heads up, when we play 2v2s, I am going to drop rocket arty on your units to give you a mini heart attack before you realize they do only 8 damage per missile.
26 Apr 2016, 09:28 AM

Just as a heads up, when we play 2v2s, I am going to drop rocket arty on your units to give you a mini heart attack before you realize they do only 8 damage per missile.

I'm not 100% positive the allied units are included in the 0.1 thing or if it just applies to the owned units :snfPeter:
26 Apr 2016, 09:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2016, 09:28 AMKatitof

I'm not 100% positive the allied units are included in the 0.1 thing or if it just applies to the owned units :snfPeter:

Only 1 way to find out. :megusta:
26 Apr 2016, 09:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2016, 06:49 AMKatitof

Stuka does 100% damage vs friendly units unlike Calliope/katy/pw/priest.
26 Apr 2016, 09:37 AM

Stuka does 100% damage vs friendly units unlike Calliope/katy/pw/priest.

Stuka actually does 50% damage vs friendly :romeoPro:
But yeah, this wasn't the best of examples, any other unit deals 0.1.
26 Apr 2016, 09:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2016, 09:37 AMKatitof

Stuka actually does 50% damage vs friendly :romeoPro:
But yeah, this wasn't the best of examples, any other unit deals 0.1.

Yeah you were right.

Cruzzi has the exact stats :sibHyena:

"Friendly fire damage and damage against enemy units are completely different. As a general rule, tank guns have 50%, flamers 25%, explosive weapons mostly 0-10% damage with some notable exceptions like pwerfer (25%), walking stuka (50%), sturmtiger (100%). For example Brit base howitzer damage to friendlies is a whopping 2.5%, so a direct hit from a howitzer (160*0.025*4) deals as much damage to a full squad as a single hit from a kar98k (16*1)."
26 Apr 2016, 11:15 AM

Good idea <444>3
27 Apr 2016, 10:24 AM

So what is everyone's opinion: is it better to have a modifier to make friendly fire do little damage or better to do full damage?
27 Apr 2016, 10:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2016, 10:24 AMSchmitz
So what is everyone's opinion: is it better to have a modifier to make friendly fire do little damage or better to do full damage?

I think full damage is better. How it is now is just silly. If you get hit by your own grenade or rocket arty, it is your own fault. Likewise, you shouldn't be able to assist a push from one of your allies by just mindlessly carpet bombing an area with rockets, hitting your allies as much as you are hitting your enemies, and then having your rockets barely do any damage to your allies while wrecking the enemy.
27 Apr 2016, 12:48 PM

I think full damage is better. How it is now is just silly. If you get hit by your own grenade or rocket arty, it is your own fault. Likewise, you shouldn't be able to assist a push from one of your allies by just mindlessly carpet bombing an area with rockets, hitting your allies as much as you are hitting your enemies, and then having your rockets barely do any damage to your allies while wrecking the enemy.

I am also completely in favour of full damage vs allied units.

For instance, when the VPs are ticking late-game, you can currently use certain area-of-denial abilities to deny enemy troops approaching it, while your own units are standing on the damn VP.

Take a moment and reflect how OP certain abilities would be, if they caused no friendly-fire dmg (luckily they currently do):
- Coordinate with your allies to fire Stuka bombs/Air Superiority on enemy forces, while your units are fighting with the enemy troops.

Giving full-damage to everything will:
- Make game mechanics more consistent
- Will force players to think before you decide to blast away

As for the counter-griefing argument (applicable to ELO-hell games). If somebody in your team wants to troll, you have already lost the game. This is because:
- You are one teammember short from the get-go
- They could do much worse than kill your stuff (e.g., block pathways etc)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS