Login

russian armor

people use strange logic on panzerschreck.

25 Apr 2016, 16:09 PM

why would I throw my grenade at the 2 guys on the cover when I can blow the other 4 idiots hugging each other?
25 Apr 2016, 16:13 PM

Chilling in buildings, the definition of an aggressive AT gun.

:rofl:
25 Apr 2016, 16:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2016, 15:46 PMBudwise

Honestly I dont think any AT gun is reliable in COH2 thanks to the terrain constantly causing shots to hit the ground and for some reason in my experience the projectile type of the Raketen makes this worse.

This I think is a serious, and underrated, issue.

Part of my problem with the Rakenten is that it is low to the ground making even small rises in terrain halt shots. This is the same problem the SU85 has, and one of the reasons the SU76 feels so strong. The SU85 frequently clips terrain and so many of its shots miss. While the SU76 has a higher carriage and it is more likely to shoot over terrain. To the player this results in more frequent DPS from the SU76 and a feeling of more bang for the buck, even though on paper the SU85 is outright better as a TD.

The rakenten practically slithers across the ground, and its shots frequently impact loose change and pebbles making its DPS seem worse than it is. In buildings it is outright filthy if it can get some shots off because this problem does not exist.

The simplest way to fix this to prevent the round from impacting terrain, but that will lead to shots passing through the ground to the player's eye.
25 Apr 2016, 16:22 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2016, 15:49 PMBlalord

- Zis gun crew will still survive a grenade if its from the front cause green cover, you cant deny that raketen is way more fragile

Raketen can be suppressed, rendering it almost useless, Pak 40 is good, but Brits AT gun with 50% bonus accuracy is not to understimate

good points
25 Apr 2016, 16:22 PM

It's the Maxim of AT guns...
25 Apr 2016, 16:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2016, 15:16 PMBudwise
Shrek blob is anti everything? xD

1 Calli, 1 B4 shot, Katy's, Churchill Croc with more HP than a KT, and the list could go on and on. Not to mention the power of Rifles, Bren Tommies, etc.

OKW will be the only faction without infantry base AT options and they have the most expensive tanks in the game. Yet they buff the 80 fuel T34 lol.

OKW is gonna get trashed...

+1

IMO its just a dumb move to remove the shrecks from Volks they where fine on volks. They just needed to do less damage to infantry and long range accuracy was a bit to good, other then that they fitted on Volks.

Wher and OKW starting to look more and more the same. Added MG doesnt help with this.

Volks would be ok with the panzerschreck if they had less range, and an accuracy nerf. Combine that with the damage vs infantry nerf, and it should work out just fine. OKW already has enough nerfs to deal with anyways.

25 Apr 2016, 16:47 PM

I wasn't quick enough to edit my previous post before you quoted it.
I wanted to add:

"On the other hand - the ability to move in stealth combined with ability to retreat is indeed quite offensive combo"

which is basically what you said.

I can totally relate to the edit thing :foreveralone:

People seriously underestimate vet1 100% move speed while camouflaged on this thing.
25 Apr 2016, 16:51 PM
Donator 11

I agree, the reketens vet is by far the best AT vet you can get. The first shot always penning means its a god send vs heavy tanks such as IS2 and always means the first camo shot counts.

While its a good at gun it seems to decrew rather easily and im not sure if that's due to revived accuracy or it not getting green cover when set up but its odd.
Giving it a slightly wider fire arc may help with always having to reset up all the time but its by no means a bad AT option even when it has low survivability

Its up for discussion, I just don't think its as bad as everyone makes it out to be.
EDIT: Also the unit seems to model snipe a lot and I'm not sure that's intended either
EDIT 2: Bean makes a valid point with AT options often clipping the ground and should be looked into.
25 Apr 2016, 16:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2016, 16:51 PMMittens

Wile its a good at gun it seems to decrew rather easily and im not sure if that's due to revived accuracy or it not getting green cover when set up but its odd.

It has camo and can retreat. I´ve found Raketenwerfer always pesky to fight because you couldn't kill it with small arms fire. It simply slipped away with retreat.
25 Apr 2016, 16:57 PM

It has camo and can retreat. I´ve found Raketenwerfer always pesky to fight because you couldn't kill it with small arms fire. It simply slipped away with retreat.

And that's where explosives come in. Explosive weapons of any sort vs Raketenwerfer = instant wipe + free AT gun.
25 Apr 2016, 16:59 PM
Donator 11

And that's where explosives come in. Explosive weapons of any sort vs Raketenwerfer = instant wipe + free AT gun.

I mean the same goes for all team weapons. Maybe increasing the crew to 5 wouldn't be a bad idea but the camo does provide a lot of utility. The best comparison would be to look at the maxim and .50 cal.
25 Apr 2016, 17:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2016, 16:59 PMMittens

I mean the same goes for all team weapons. Maybe increasing the crew to 5 wouldn't be a bad idea but the camo does provide a lot of utility. The best comparison would be to look at the maxim and .50 cal.

It seems to happen to the Raketen much more than other AT guns due to the squad formation. So, either Relic fixes the squad formation for 4-man squads, or they add another model like you suggest.
25 Apr 2016, 17:10 PM

The problem with Rak is it loses the Green over because it can stealth, retreat and garrison, however it dies very fast, and can sometimes be taken out by 1 tank shell. You can also drive tanks across it's firing arc and it won't fire a shot (While outside of a building). It does have a good reload speed but its accuracy, inability to properly deal with terrain height (it will explode on terrain, often you see Pak/Zis shells phase through the floor of a cliff and hit) Also having a puppchen behind sandbags it often hits its own cover. It's targeting speed is also pretty bad unless manually ordered to.
25 Apr 2016, 17:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2016, 16:47 PMKatitof

I can totally relate to the edit thing :foreveralone:

People seriously underestimate vet1 100% move speed while camouflaged on this thing.

I SAY NAY, in regards that that people seriously underestimate the raken in general, its such a fantastic weapon on its own right.
25 Apr 2016, 23:04 PM

The two reasons why i dislike raketen (not saying its bad) is its short range combined with its very small shield. It often gets countered by the tanks that its supposed to counter.
25 Apr 2016, 23:10 PM

The two reasons why i dislike raketen (not saying its bad) is its short range combined with its very small shield. It often gets countered by the tanks that its supposed to counter.

i think that tanks may be supposed to counter inf as high cost units. support it with other units.
25 Apr 2016, 23:27 PM

i think that tanks may be supposed to counter inf as high cost units. support it with other units.

Other units? Like volks upgraded with schrecks? :foreveralone:

25 Apr 2016, 23:33 PM
Patrion 14

Schreck volks spam was a huge problem, I literally don't care for the majority of other changes. This one change has the potential to single handedly save CoH2 teamgame meta.

Brits have no snare (not even Boys vet1 counts) and no handheld AT so in that respect OKW comes ahead. Snare on mainline infantry (which is now scalable) in a faction that has Pumas and jagdpanzers? I don't think people realize how potent this will be.

I could live with a small range buff for Raketenwerfer to compensate. If Schrecks are REALLY that important for OKW antivehicle play, just give the Schrecks to Sturms (as originally designed) now that Volks can take some close range heavy lifting on themselves. It comes with a solid opportunity cost, since Sturms have many roles already, plus they can't be blobbed cost effectively, and lose lots of DPS.

If you need Schrecks to fight early allied vehicles because rwerfer is unreliable, I can respect that, and a Sturm squad with a Schreck should be enough for some counterplay, and therefore no need for Schreck on Volks. If you want Schrecks en masse to fight mediums, in a faction that has Puma, JPIV, Panther, etc. then you deserve this change the most and are the reason it was implemented.
25 Apr 2016, 23:35 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Brits have no snare (not even Boys vet1 counts) and no handheld AT so in that respect OKW comes ahead. Snare on mainline infantry (which is now scalable) in a faction that has Pumas and jagdpanzers?

Piats broseph.
26 Apr 2016, 07:36 AM

I think the raketen can be pretty mighty. I seldom see people use it from buildings, but that really is such a strength. When out of camo, it is highly mobile for an AT weapon, and in some respects I think it is arguably one of, if not the, strongest AT guns in the game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 55

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight