Login

russian armor

Updates on BALANCE PREVIEW MOD

PAGES (21)down
28 Apr 2016, 15:18 PM

So, what mainline infantry is OKW supposed to field without a commander? Obers? Obers look great on paper but are lackluster in practice due to timing and cost. They can't vet up due to facing vet 3 squads and high tech units when they hit the field. Volks most certainly are the mainline infantry. But Volks have never been about DPS. They have been about utility. So instead to balance them they nerf their utility and make them about AI DPS. Dumb idea.

If Volks lose their shrecks, then Rifles should loose bazookas. Then you can use armor to deal with them. Kinda like how people complain about not being able to use armor against Volks. Why not just remove all the AT infantry from the game?

Just saying this whole deal with removing the shreck from Volks is a joke. Keep the factions different. Keep the handheld AT on both Rifles and Volks. If a unit is over performing, then make some adjustments. Why not try things like reducing the range on handheld AT? That lets armor kite and rewards flanking/surprise attacks.

I hope this patch dies...

You´re too much in a wrong logic of if this W happens to my faction, then your faction must get that X. You're not going really far with that.
28 Apr 2016, 15:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2016, 15:18 PMEsxile

You´re too much in a wrong logic of if this W happens to my faction, then your faction must get that X. You're not going really far with that.

No, I think you missed my point. I have to draw parallels to another faction because this whole game is about competition. What irks me is that people are inconsistent and hypocritical in their complaining.

You cant say Volks blobs are OP because of handheld AT and then turn a blind eye to Rifle blobs. It is the exact same thing.

They tried that a little bit. They significantly lowered the accuracy of the shrek to make them less likely to alpha strike light vehicles into the ground. The issue persisted because of the sheer number of shreks that were likely to be around.

The issue with that was the volume of shreks. If you reduced them further they were individually unsatisfying and bordering on useless. When firing in a 4+ squad pack they were about right but you'd never use them unless in a pack.

The same thing happens with rifle blobs if they go for bazookas and there are more bazookas (160 dmg vs 120)
28 Apr 2016, 15:35 PM

If Volks lose their shrecks, then Rifles should loose bazookas.

[...]

Keep the factions different.

Okay...
28 Apr 2016, 15:43 PM

Okay...

You missed it too. See my post above. I don't actually think that should be the case. I recognize that totally wasn't clear. I don't think either should lose their weapons because it makes the game interesting for them to have it.

I just don't get how it is okay on one faction, but OP on another.
28 Apr 2016, 15:47 PM

The only thing concerning about these changes related to Axis side is that OKW will lose a good part of its AT capabilities. Which could not seem such a big problem at first, but if we paying more attention we may see the problem.

Early AT capabilities will rely on faust, who is a snare, so we can realy think at it as a serios AT capability except for light vehicles. Meaning verry light vehicles. Secondly, raketenfailwerfer should turn around faster, have a wider arc of fire, be more resilient in terms of crew or something. Otherwise, alone on the field it cannot kill anything before being decrewed and stolen.

Late AT capabilities will suffer also. Shrecks were a natural addition to the scarce number of OKW tanks on the field. We will probably see a Panther trying to deal with 3-4 T34s when 2 T34s will probably be enough to seal the deal with it.

I'm not necesarely saying volk blobs were fine, they were as fine as bazooka blobs. Which...are staying the same....
28 Apr 2016, 19:13 PM

Many good changes. :thumbsup:

Adding mortar to US and removing schrecks from volks is a step in the right direction.
28 Apr 2016, 19:33 PM

One of the most one-sided patch ever.

Only the march deployment beats this.

Srsly, M1919/zook rifle A-moving MG countering blob is ok? Relic pls.

M36 sight range to 45??? Why'd you want ever use scouts for your TD? Yet stugs and fireflys need to??

I love how with double Su85s Soviets can rofl over any axis armor except Ele or JT.

Maxims > all infantry, oh you wanna nade my maxim...let the -33% range screw you over.
28 Apr 2016, 19:46 PM

I know. Will go down in coh history.
30 Apr 2016, 00:01 AM

Were bazooka blobs a problem? Did good players blob zook rifles?
30 Apr 2016, 00:05 AM

RIP German heavy armor. No need to go for that shit any longer.
30 Apr 2016, 09:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2016, 00:05 AMButcher
RIP German heavy armor. No need to go for that shit any longer.

Its AN option, not THE option anymore.
30 Apr 2016, 09:29 AM

Were bazooka blobs a problem? Did good players blob zook rifles?

no they arent, just like shrek blobs were never a problem for good players:snfPeter:
30 Apr 2016, 10:21 AM

these constant buff to allies tank and constant nerf to german heavies......doesn't relic take into equation that the axis tanks cost more,allies have better speed and manuever,better ability like sherman buffing each other in groups,crew repair,increased strike bonuses..etc and they still buff at guns and mg more...??? why becasue thers only allies whining 24/7 that why relic minds get these kind of patches out in pressure or of pure allied bias or these fake praises or just plain stupididy.
30 Apr 2016, 12:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2016, 09:24 AMKatitof

Its AN option, not THE option anymore.
Bullshit.

The Tiger, Elefant, King Tiger etc. all got a nerf because heavies were supposed to be nerfed. Yet the IS-2 received a buff for its scatter to offset the nerf. Churchill, KVs, ISU didn´t receive any nerf. This is just a nerf to German vehicles. Not enough: Only the Allied tank destroyers received buffs. There is no reason at all to go for German armor but the Panzer IV and StuG.

Tiger and panther are lackluster.

If you don´t see how a super slow, super expensive and easy to penetrate Elefant is a bad idea, we have nothing to discuss.

I suggest you play Germans for once and see how they struggle lategame versus Brits already. Germans with the disadvantage in tanks is just utterly ridiculous.
30 Apr 2016, 12:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2016, 12:18 PMButcher
Bullshit.

The Tiger, Elefant, King Tiger etc. all got a nerf because heavies were supposed to be nerfed. Yet the IS-2 received a buff for its scatter to offset the nerf. Churchill, KVs, ISU didn´t receive any nerf. This is just a nerf to German vehicles. Not enough: Only the Allied tank destroyers received buffs. There is no reason at all to go for German armor but the Panzer IV and StuG.

Tiger and panther are lackluster.

If you don´t see how a super slow, super expensive and easy to penetrate Elefant is a bad idea, we have nothing to discuss.

I suggest you play Germans for once and see how they struggle lategame versus Brits already. Germans with the disadvantage in tanks is just utterly ridiculous.

Nerf almost useless Churchill, pointless KV and long time not seen ISU? :foreveralone:
____
Thunderhun
If 45 sight hurts you so much, please remind me sight of Command Pz V and JP IV
30 Apr 2016, 13:17 PM

Nerf almost useless Churchill, pointless KV and long time not seen ISU? :foreveralone:
____
Thunderhun
If 45 sight hurts you so much, please remind me sight of Command Pz V and JP IV

Jp4 has a small cone of LOS :luvDerp:
Command P5 is doctrinal :luvCarrot:

----
Also, the ISU is still a beast, just a reminder...if you use it correctly
30 Apr 2016, 13:28 PM

Jp4 has a small cone of LOS :luvDerp:
Command P5 is doctrinal :luvCarrot:

----
Also, the ISU is still a beast, just a reminder...if you use it correctly

But it has predator camo.
So what it's doctrinal? Doctrinal units can have better sight or what?

So is KT yet all I see are whines how weak it is.
30 Apr 2016, 13:31 PM

Volks do not need their shrek. They are actually in a really good place with mp44s. their early game against AI units is better and even with light vehicles now that volks have a snare it really compliments them.

I'm not saying that all points of the game are balanced. Late game definitely needs to be looked at, but I consider the volks mp44 upgrade to be a varient of the Rifles Bar upgrade.

As many have noticed the mp44 upgrade doesn't change the volks effective range. They still good at all ranges if not better at all ranges with the upgrade. They're basically getting Obers inferred STGs.
30 Apr 2016, 13:32 PM

But it has predator camo.
So what it's doctrinal? Doctrinal units can have better sight or what?

So is KT yet all I see are whines how weak it is.

Speaking of KT, we've had vet5 KT in 1v1 and vet4 ST last night on balance mod stream featuring top players.
30 Apr 2016, 13:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2016, 13:32 PMKatitof

Speaking of KT, we've had vet5 KT in 1v1 and vet4 ST last night on balance mod stream featuring top players.

Vet 5 KT? No way! I know it's impossible cause I read the forum and I see all the time that it's impossible to get vet 5 with KT becasue it's weak, expensive, arrives too late and single Jackson can force it to stay behind for entire game! Forum cannot lie! :luvDerp:
PAGES (21)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight