Login

russian armor

Doctrine Arty/strikes

22 Apr 2016, 01:03 AM

Can we please have a solid All or none are allowed inside the enemies base area? Rather than the current X cant but Y that's even stronger, can.

Hell, as Brits, you cant even call in strafing support in your own base to help against a base rush, I mean.... Really?

All or none.
22 Apr 2016, 04:44 AM

signed
consistency pls
22 Apr 2016, 04:54 AM

Please and thank you
22 Apr 2016, 05:03 AM

Yeah this is a weird inconsistency when things like railway can't but stuka bomb can be used on bases.

Since howitzers can't be built in the base sector anyway and the main point of stuka dive bombs were to counter them; it seems like theres no point in allowing it to be used in base other than for a cheesy wipe of a whole retreating army.
22 Apr 2016, 12:17 PM

22 Apr 2016, 13:42 PM

signed
consistency pls
22 Apr 2016, 14:08 PM

Honestly you'd only see random fucking stupid inconsistencies like this in a Relic game, legit.
22 Apr 2016, 14:22 PM

All should work.

The base should not be a safe haven.
22 Apr 2016, 14:50 PM

I would just be happy with either option so long as its all or nothing. More so when abilites that need sight cant be used in base but artillery strikes that don't like the one that comes with the OST Tiger and ass gren cmdr, can be used yet requires 0 sight and murders team weapon crews along with the weapons themselves.
22 Apr 2016, 15:41 PM

All should work.

Yeah man let me drop zeroing arty in the base sounds balanced.

You should join Relic https://www.relic.com/#careers tell me how it goes.
22 Apr 2016, 21:27 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 15:41 PMpugzii

Yeah man let me drop zeroing arty in the base sounds balanced.

Nah Air supremacy or GTFO. Although artillery cover sounds nice.
23 Apr 2016, 00:13 AM

All should work.

This should not be the case as some factions have access to LoS generators more frequently than others. On top of that the Stuka dive bomb (biggest offender here) cannot be stopped and cannot be known before it has a chance to tick off some of its time before impact. Besides as others have pointed out, some of the arty is balanced around the assumption that it cannot be used on base sectors. Base sectors offer a sanctuary, that's the point.

As OP said, all should be turned off in base sectors for fairness and consistency.

You can still drop them at the edge of the base sector if you want.
23 Apr 2016, 23:01 PM

This should not be the case as some factions have access to LoS generators more frequently than others. On top of that the Stuka dive bomb (biggest offender here) cannot be stopped and cannot be known before it has a chance to tick off some of its time before impact. Besides as others have pointed out, some of the arty is balanced around the assumption that it cannot be used on base sectors. Base sectors offer a sanctuary, that's the point.

As OP said, all should be turned off in base sectors for fairness and consistency.

You can still drop them at the edge of the base sector if you want.

It's tricky because they disallowed arty to be used in command sectors before adding some that would be imbalanced in command sectors. But I think it was a bad design decision.

23 Apr 2016, 23:14 PM

I once lost all my units in base because of this, I retreated them and while I wasn't watching the enemy (axis of course) just bombed them all and we lost because of it.

Sorry for not watching my units in base, it's assumed that you can't damage them in mid game until you can penetrate the base.

But no, just plane scouting and bomb.
only possible with AXIS.

USF artillery sucks.
23 Apr 2016, 23:22 PM

signed
consistency pls
23 Apr 2016, 23:26 PM

+1 to OP... and none if you ask me. Using Forward Retreat Points should come at risk vs reward, so you would expose your troops at a FRP while they would be relatively save at your base. Imo that would be a nice tradeoff.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★