Login

russian armor

April 27th Balance Preview Mod Release Notes

PAGES (24)down
21 Apr 2016, 18:41 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Instead of shreks why not give OKW the anti tank rifle that they get in TOW missions. It could be a new type of volk squad perhaps?

If Volks are about to lose schrecks, Obers will need double schrecks upgrade.

Well, we had one broken in that way faction without AT-infantry before - USSR. Dat was really tough to keep your army alive until SU-76 comes, specially if you played through T1. Instead of fixing it, they breaking another one...

But, at least OKW-players now will understand, how painfull it is not to have AT-infantry. Maybe will start to ask it back for OKW and for USSR...

You know that there are people that actually play more then 1 or 2 factions? just curious
21 Apr 2016, 18:42 PM

Its very weird that a company does what their paying customers wants indeed.

Well, I've spent over $250 on CoH2, supporting the game since release, and I will not be playing anymore nor will I support Relic's future endeavors or content. The OKW rework was horrendous, this is making a bad situation even worse. The faction has no sense of identity anymore.

"hey guys, OKW is a fuel starved faction with seven light vehicles and like four tanks in its arsenal. Why don't we buff the infantry so they never have to use any of those vehicles ever."
21 Apr 2016, 18:42 PM
Patrion 310

Most things look pretty good in the patch, aside from maybe the lack of shrecks for OKW and the teller change.

One thing that has been at the back of my mind for awhile regarding changes is to the Brumbar is how well is does at damaging medium tanks and how effective it is vs medium guns.

If I've worked it out correctly:

Vs Front armour (not sure how to calculate min / max range)

M4 - 46%
Cromwell - 46%
T-34/76 - 38%

E8 - 63%
Comet - 73%
T-34/85 - 54%

M36 - 85%
Firefly - 92%
Su-85 - 73%

What do people think? Can anyone work out Brumbar vs Med tanks (time to kill for each)?

I feel like it might need a small armour reduction depending on how it performs in the patch.
21 Apr 2016, 18:44 PM

You know that there are people that actually play more then 1 or 2 factions? just curious

Yea I do.
21 Apr 2016, 18:44 PM

Instead of shreks why not give OKW the anti tank rifle that they get in TOW missions. It could be a new type of volk squad perhaps?

Only if it has the same effectiveness as the PIAT or Bazooka (that is, not effective at all)
21 Apr 2016, 18:45 PM

Well, we had one broken in that way faction without AT-infantry before - USSR. Dat was really tough to keep your army alive until SU-76 comes, specially if you played through T1. Instead of fixing it, they breaking another one...

But, at least OKW-players now will understand, how painfull it is not to have AT-infantry. Maybe will start to ask it back for OKW and for USSR...

Keep your army alive against what armour exactly?
Soviets usually will have a T-70 and at least one Su-76 out before the first PIV hits, and can get a T70 out only marginally later than a PIV. Soviets btw have dedicated AT infantry with AT partisans, but they dont rely on it anyways since the faction dynamics are designed in such a way that Soviets will have armour advantage anyways, ceteris paribus.

And what is this with "OKW players"? You know, most people play all factions.
21 Apr 2016, 18:45 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

21 Apr 2016, 18:46 PM

Well, I've spent over $250 on CoH2, supporting the game since release, and I will not be playing anymore nor will I support Relic's future endeavors or content. The OKW rework was horrendous, this is making a bad situation even worse. The faction has no sense of identity anymore.

I agree. OKW is now pretty much just Ostheer with the tech a bit shuffled up.
21 Apr 2016, 18:47 PM

If Volks are about to lose schrecks, Obers will need double schrecks upgrade.

No offence man, completely absurd idea. Obers are in the game since OKW needs nondoctrinal inf that can stand up to Allied infantry in the lategame, not to get oneshot by AOE weapons for 400 mp and 120 munis....
21 Apr 2016, 18:50 PM

So both axis factions will be pretty much the same then...

I smell a new faction in 3 - 6 months
21 Apr 2016, 18:50 PM

Keep your army alive against what armour exactly?
Soviets usually will have a T-70 and at least one Su-76 out before the first PIV hits, and can get a T70 out only marginally later than a PIV. Soviets btw have dedicated AT infantry with AT partisans, but they dont rely on it anyways since the faction dynamics are designed in such a way that Soviets will have armour advantage anyways, ceteris paribus.

And what is this with "OKW players"? You know, most people play all factions.

Well, new 222 cars and Luchses may be reaaaly annoying.
21 Apr 2016, 18:52 PM

I think they should add panzer shrek package to the racketen werfer squads,it will make them like a tank hunter squad instead,, bc I think that thing is terrible, or at least put panzer shreks on another unit.
21 Apr 2016, 18:53 PM

Overall great changes.

OKW- I kind of fear for OKW with no Shrek at all... I'm guessing M5 will faceroll them pretty easy now. Its also kind of lame that OKW will be mirrored a lot closer to OST but eh, small price to pay for end to mindless zombie horde Volks blob. +1 on increasing CP for MG42 call-in.

Sov- Much needed buffs... Penals might be a bit much but will need to test first. T34 buff should help out the non-meta commanders w/o IS2 or 85s but I totally agree with Brad that they need a Near-Pen buff for their intended (?) Tank-Swarming use.

UKF - Buffed Arty Flares, woot! UC change looks very promising as well. Firefly change looks okay... very nice to have a better overall vehicle but missing that counter to Tigers and KT will hurt. The Tommy nerf is a bit perplexing to me... or is it a buff since it takes longer to become weapon piñatas? Lulz.

I'm pretty sure Mines will still kill models - they do 70 damage so any dinged up model will die still. The point is that they no longer insta-wipe full health squads. Suppression is a pretty big bonus too. Ghetto fix to Flare mine cheese is awesome too.

Well done Miragefla!

21 Apr 2016, 18:54 PM

Could add a nerfed Panzershreck package (to effectiveness of Bazooka and PIAT) to Volks, as a Armor Package that locks out the STG 44 AI package.
21 Apr 2016, 18:54 PM

I think they should add panzer shrek package to the racketen werfer squads, bc I think that thing is terrible, or at least put panzer shreks on another unit.

so i can pickup some schrecks and a pümpchen ... T H X!!!
21 Apr 2016, 18:58 PM

No offence man, completely absurd idea. Obers are in the game since OKW needs nondoctrinal inf that can stand up to Allied infantry in the lategame, not to get oneshot by AOE weapons for 400 mp and 120 munis....

And how an option to upgrade them with dual schrecks, which depends on a player if he wants to do it or not, affect you? Does game force you to buy 120ammo upgrade? No it's just an option, similar to PzGrens.
21 Apr 2016, 18:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2016, 17:51 PMVuther

Raketen's fine.

It's a bit buggy and the response time is awful, but the stats are OK.

This patch preview looks solid, specially Soviets and OK changes.

And to all people who comment in this threat, please at least play the actual mod.
21 Apr 2016, 19:00 PM

I think they should add panzer shrek package to the racketen werfer squads,it will make them like a tank hunter squad instead,, bc I think that thing is terrible, or at least put panzer shreks on another unit.

An AT gun that still does AT damage when flanked does not sound like a good idea. They should have just kept it on Volks. I never understood why it was such a big deal on volks anyway.
PAGES (24)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS