Login

russian armor

April 27th Balance Preview Mod Release Notes

PAGES (24)down
21 Apr 2016, 18:15 PM

At least add a kill crit to mines for the enemy model that triggered it. Now OKW self healing squads, tommie squads paratroopers and a few others do not need to fear mines.
21 Apr 2016, 18:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2016, 18:10 PMNubb3r

YES. This bugged me from the start. Most underrated change in the whole change log imo.

It was actually an intentional design decision that served multiple purposes.

Removing it is going to cause problems, because build times are not adjusted. What this means is that units will hit the field faster for some factions than others. America and Brits are going to be at a huge disadvantage due to their longer build times and inability to build their structures closer to the edge of their command zone. It ironically completely counteracts the build time nerfs they made to maxims last patch.

Eastern front factions benefit the most from this, because now units like grenadiers and pgrens will hit the field a good 20 seconds earlier.

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2016, 17:39 PMKatitof

Pfaust to volks is a direct buff to puppchen.

Or don't YOLO anymore with OKW.

Who knows. Why not?

Because you don't fix what isn't broken.

the problem is pupchen got 0 accuracy panzer faust or not you will miss

If MG-34 call-in is replaced with MG-42 instead the timing should be moved to 2CP instead of 1CP IMO.

Overall good changes :D

Why Ostheer can build a MG42 from base building.
aaa
21 Apr 2016, 18:17 PM

As I much as I want to keep doing my Brummbar strats with a huge discount and buffs, listening to this developer commentary on twitch indicates to me that Relic doesn't know how their game works and are just catering to what the community whines about. (Oh sorry, that's just some twitch whiner talking and not Relic. No wonder the patch is retarded .) They're not balancing to the game, they're balancing to the meta.

This and the t-34/76 changes are the only somewhat reasonable changes in the whole list.

+1. Like 80% of the changes are obviosly bad and 10% are questionable. Community mods are not the way to improve the game.

I guess, OKW should also get increased starting MP now, cos without schrecks to volks we will need to make Puphens.

So... instead of using 1 sqaud for 2 purpouses I will need 2 squads! OKW might turn into "MP starving" faction right now.

the problem is pupchen got 0 accuracy panzer faust or not you will miss

Volks panzerfaust will not damage the engine so this will be a problem for OKW I think but we have to play the mod to find out.
21 Apr 2016, 18:18 PM

Good patch, only missing Land matress and cromwell tweaks and maybe rifleman with slot blobs.
21 Apr 2016, 18:19 PM

Relic doesn't know how their game works and are just catering to what the community whines about.

Its very weird that a company does what their paying customers wants indeed.
21 Apr 2016, 18:20 PM

Hm. OKW is likely screwed now. I did not like it, and neither did anybody else apart from the pathological OKW fanboys, but there was a very good reason for Volksschrecks. Even with Fausts, Püppchen will not cut it for AT without significant buffs.
21 Apr 2016, 18:21 PM
Patrion 27

Mirage_Fla for president!

Great changes, but I really want to see infiltration units only able to spawn from ambient buildings that are in friendly territory. I also want to see Pathfinders gain the ability to spawn from them.
21 Apr 2016, 18:23 PM

What is the point of panzerfussiliers when volks have snares and stg44?
21 Apr 2016, 18:23 PM
Patrion 27

What is the point of panzerfussiliers when volks have snares and panzerfaust?

Vision?
21 Apr 2016, 18:25 PM

What is the point of panzerfussiliers when volks have snares and stg44?

What is the point of Volks with STG44s when Sturmpioneers have 4 STG-44s?
21 Apr 2016, 18:28 PM

What is the point of Volks with STG44s when Sturmpioneers have 4 STG-44s?

Scaling, resilience, and cost efficiency.

The real question however is...whats the point of OKW now? Thats just not gonna work out. IIRC it did not work out in Mirageflas mod....
21 Apr 2016, 18:30 PM

Scaling, resilience, and cost efficiency.

The real question however is...whats the point of OKW now? Thats just not gonna work out. IIRC it did not work out in Mirageflas mod....

All those changes are might be good, but they are only good on paper. In game it will be real mess, Im sure...
21 Apr 2016, 18:33 PM

Those changes aren't even good on paper. The simple problem is that OKW will almost be forced into a Puma - which will make a battlegroup/Flak truck opening impossible - and will stilly be insanely vulnerable to mass armour play in the lategame, quite simply because you only have the Flak truck to provide substantial AT, and that can be destroyed fairly easily.
21 Apr 2016, 18:35 PM

Those changes aren't even good on paper. The simple problem is that OKW will almost be forced into a Puma - which will make a battlegroup/Flak truck opening impossible - and will stilly be insanely vulnerable to mass armour play in the lategame, quite simply because you only have the Flak truck to provide substantial AT, and that can be destroyed fairly easily.

Well, we had one broken in that way faction without AT-infantry before - USSR. Dat was really tough to keep your army alive until SU-76 comes, specially if you played through T1. Instead of fixing it, they breaking another one...

But, at least OKW-players now will understand, how painfull it is not to have AT-infantry. Maybe will start to ask it back for OKW and for USSR...
21 Apr 2016, 18:36 PM

They could have a buffed Raketenwerfer, at cost of bumping a unit up a tier to stop them having too much right from the start, but with slightly better AT that isnt abuseable.
21 Apr 2016, 18:38 PM

This balance mod makes me excite. More than that it's great to see relic is actually making significant strides in attempting to not only balance CoH2 but to address some of the longstanding issues with useless units and faction playstyle.

Here's to hoping an M42 AT gun or M8 Scott buff is on the horizon. :)
PAGES (24)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS