Login

russian armor

"Nice to have" changes

20 Apr 2016, 09:43 AM

So I was just thinking about how nice it would be if the reverse hotkey was actually built into the game more casually - like Left mouse is select, Right mouse is move, and middle mouse is reverse move (for vehicles). Middle mouse is used for camera panning, but I think reverse move would probably be more useful. Adding custom keybinds for that kind of thing might be good (can we do this already? I couldn't see anything in the menu last time I looked but i might be remembering it wrong).

The other thing would be making alerts more visible, as pointed out by this post:

https://www.coh2.org/topic/51897/minimalistic-ui/post/521468

What other nice to have changes do you think you'd like in this or future CoH games?
20 Apr 2016, 16:33 PM
Strategist Badge

key rebinds are a big one, other than that some small changes to the UI. For instance i use tactical map a lot and it would be nice if unit cards didnt overlap so much, can be very difficult if you have two units next to each other and you want to one with the unit card at the back.

One more thing comes to mind, the ability to turn off unnecessary unit chatter, so i can have it boiled down to the most basic and short version of 'we are under attack' the unit has. No more 'ding ding' for instance.
20 Apr 2016, 18:40 PM

I'd like to see better in-game comms, including the ability to chat with your teammates (and your opponents) while the game is loading. Being able to send messages to individual players, team, or all by typing @playername, @team, etc. would be nice.

I'd also like to see better stats and post-match info. Would be great to see something like an NBA shot chart or MLB spray chart overlayed on the map showing where kills happened. Kills/damage dealt should also go on the chart at the end. I'd also like the ability to track stats for individual squads rather than just by unit type.

It would also be cool if you could join matches in progress, particularly vs. AI. I think it needs to be easier to casually play with friends.

Key rebinds would be nice. As would the ability to minimize the in-match UI - it's a nice looking game and a shame that the UI takes up like a third of the screen. The ability to zoom out a bit more would also be nice.
20 Apr 2016, 18:48 PM
Benefactor 115

It would be nice to have menus that dont run at 15fps
20 Apr 2016, 18:53 PM

I'd like to see better in-game comms, including the ability to chat with your teammates (and your opponents) while the game is loading. Being able to send messages to individual players, team, or all by typing @playername, @team, etc. would be nice.

I'd also like to see better stats and post-match info. Would be great to see something like an NBA shot chart or MLB spray chart overlayed on the map showing where kills happened. Kills/damage dealt should also go on the chart at the end. I'd also like the ability to track stats for individual squads rather than just by unit type.

It would also be cool if you could join matches in progress, particularly vs. AI. I think it needs to be easier to casually play with friends.

Key rebinds would be nice. As would the ability to minimize the in-match UI - it's a nice looking game and a shame that the UI takes up like a third of the screen. The ability to zoom out a bit more would also be nice.

You mean like, heatmaps? Weren't some heatmaps/data included in the replay files of vCoH? Is that still the case for CoH2? Heatmaps can be very helpful, so you can have extra polished high traffic areas on maps.
20 Apr 2016, 19:06 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Hotkeys. 2016 and we still have to rely on third party programs.
20 Apr 2016, 19:13 PM

Hotkeys. 2016 and we still have to rely on third party programs.

this.

I remember begging for hotkeys on forums and to upslynx on steam chat back when the game was in closed alpha...

How hard is it to put re-bindable controls?
20 Apr 2016, 19:21 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

20 Apr 2016, 19:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2016, 18:53 PMNubb3r

You mean like, heatmaps? Weren't some heatmaps/data included in the replay files of vCoH? Is that still the case for CoH2? Heatmaps can be very helpful, so you can have extra polished high traffic areas on maps.

Heatmaps would be one way to do it, but initially I was thinking something more like this. Being able to hover over every point to get more info about that specific shot is pretty cool but perhaps not feasible or terribly useful in the CoH context.

20 Apr 2016, 20:34 PM

- permaban fahu on every site related to coh2

GGSleeper
20 Apr 2016, 20:48 PM

this.

I remember begging for hotkeys on forums and to upslynx on steam chat back when the game was in closed alpha...

How hard is it to put re-bindable controls?

For the essence engine, it's actually somewhat of a pain.

For DoW2 they had to make a ghetto .ini file for it that overwrote the default keys.

20 Apr 2016, 20:55 PM

Invissed a post for defamation of another member.
20 Apr 2016, 23:31 PM

It would be nice to have menus that dont run at 15fps

Disabling the videos helps iirc. Kind of funny really.
20 Apr 2016, 23:39 PM

For the essence engine, it's actually somewhat of a pain.

For DoW2 they had to make a ghetto .ini file for it that overwrote the default keys.

Yeah i remember. Keydefault.lua and what not. Relic is lucky they make good games worthy of that hassle.

I just pity new players who aren't as inquisitive about finding these solutions.
21 Apr 2016, 00:06 AM

Disabling the videos helps iirc. Kind of funny really.

how ?
21 Apr 2016, 00:10 AM

If hot keys were implemented in coh2. The amount of bugs that would come with it... I can't even. Oh gawdd
21 Apr 2016, 00:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2016, 00:06 AMpegasos

how ?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=511519937

https://steamcommunity.com/app/231430/discussions/0/530646080861777209/

Basically the video files playing at their fixed rate prevents the menu from going to higher framerates. When you take those files out it's unlocked and will match your monitor's refresh rate.
21 Apr 2016, 04:59 AM

i could like fixed color for each player, instead of everyone sees its self as blue, so when i call out yellow do that, they know who i am talking about.
21 Apr 2016, 05:06 AM

For self analysis what I'd really like is a chart that would log each player's cumulative resource income in real time.

Stuff like that would help you work out e.g. how much of a resource lead somebody got by holding certain points in a replay for a certain amount of time.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★