Login

russian armor

30muni mine balance

PAGES (7)down
19 Apr 2016, 20:53 PM

Fine, gimme 75 damage mines with pin. Sounds stronger than the current ones anyway.

The problem with this approach is that many units auto-heal when out of combat. UKF Tommies, Paratroopers, a whole bunch of OKW units. Mines still need to kill things, just not whole squads.
19 Apr 2016, 20:57 PM

Is it so hard to write line of a code which says that if squad hits a mine, 1 model should always survive???
19 Apr 2016, 21:13 PM

full swuad wiping is actually what makes this game unpredictable and exciting

no irony
19 Apr 2016, 21:15 PM

full swuad wiping is actually what makes this game unpredictable and exciting

no irony

Fun and exciting when you are playing as Soviets. Incredibly tedious when playing as Ostheer.
19 Apr 2016, 21:25 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Fun and exciting when you are playing as Soviets. Incredibly tedious when playing as Ostheer.

Hey now

It's also fun for UKF and OKW when they get it
19 Apr 2016, 21:50 PM

Is it so hard to write line of a code which says that if squad hits a mine, 1 model should always survive???

Clearly you've never coded before have you??

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2016, 21:25 PMVuther

Hey now
It's also fun for UKF and OKW when they get it

Key word there. Thanks to Lelic, some mines are STILL malfunctioning.

19 Apr 2016, 22:02 PM

Nerfed mines won't change any factions overall competitiveness. It would just reduce the amount of Wins handed out by the RNG gods because you failed to pay your respects to the god of mine sweepers.

:D
19 Apr 2016, 22:07 PM

I havent therefore I clearly have asked is it so hard.
19 Apr 2016, 22:10 PM

People landed on the moon 40 years ago. I am sure we can code a mine to let 1 squad model live.
19 Apr 2016, 22:30 PM

I havent therefore I clearly have asked is it so hard.

I see. APologies, I thought you were being sarcastic.

People landed on the moon 40 years ago. I am sure we can code a mine to let 1 squad model live.

And they did it in a capsule that had less processing power than a simple 90's calculator!
Thing is, I think you'd need a complete engine re-design to allow for this
19 Apr 2016, 22:48 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

You need realistic goals here.
19 Apr 2016, 23:11 PM

I'm glad this has garnered so much support and creative suggestions, if only relic lurked the balance forums

19 Apr 2016, 23:45 PM

Nerfed mines won't change any factions overall competitiveness. It would just reduce the amount of Free Wins handed out by the RNG gods.

cons dont kill anything
if mines also dont kill anything that means mines AND cons wont be killing anything

im pretty sure we should be nerfing the satchel charge as well because i dont want to invest in the time it takes to make sure that my units dont get killed by them either
19 Apr 2016, 23:48 PM
Developer Relic Badge

cons dont kill anything
if mines also dont kill anything that means mines AND cons wont be killing anything

im pretty sure we should be nerfing the satchel charge as well because i dont want to invest in the time it takes to make sure that my units dont get killed by them either

Killing =/= Full Health Wipe

Oh, yeah with suggested changes the opposing squad still needs to fallback or lose a fight because they are suppressed or have suffered too much HP loss all around to be effective.
19 Apr 2016, 23:55 PM

Oh, yeah with suggested changes the opposing squad still needs to fallback or lose a fight because they are suppressed or have suffered too much HP loss all around to be effective.

On the flip side, they will vet up real quick.
20 Apr 2016, 00:11 AM

obviously you dont understand how important it is to kill the enemy's units

do you know what not having losses does to your mp?
take a guess

ok ill tell you, it doesnt bleed, it keeps it high
what does a high MP mean?
more units, more expensive units, faster armour, more caches, more bunkers

remember back when brits came out and they couldn't do ANYTHING because their reinforcement cost was too high? it was SLIIIIIGHTLY reduced and they performed much better..... now remove it entirely.... and it will have HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE impact on the economy of the game

both axis factions have access to healing on field (as in no MP bleed from these mines and even reduced time of field)
*walk over well placed mine*
*take no casualties*
*soft retreat to healing*
*repeat*

OR for volks and obers and falls and commandos and paratroopers and rangers... you dont even need to soft retreat.. instead of being a deterrent that requires thought and enemy response you have a speed bump that is less effective than wire for delaying the enemy

not only did you clean up a snare, you also cost the enemy 30mu and you lost.... 25 seconds of a unit being on the front

for the OKW this is a huuuuge nerf as well, because they dont have any other non doc snare, you can mine trample with medic tommies and hazzah just pretend it never happened because suddenly mines are not a threat at all

i dont think you understand how massive of an impact this would have on the game

i say again, mines are THE MOST PREVENTABLE METHOD OF SQUAD WIPES, buy a sweeper and stop trying to break the game
20 Apr 2016, 00:20 AM

Can't relic just code it in a way that One model leaves the building first, then 1 second after the rest of the squad follows? It's realistic and would solve the problem instantly.

there's also the problem with soviet tripwire flare mines, that instantly kill models. Intended? I think not.
20 Apr 2016, 00:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2016, 00:20 AMDomine
Can't relic just code it in a way that One model leaves the building first, then 1 second after the rest of the squad follows? It's realistic and would solve the problem instantly.

there's also the problem with soviet tripwire flare mines, that instantly kill models. Intended? I think not.

have you seen what a fallschirmjager squad or a partisan squad does behind weapon teams?
ive (in a 4v on the one with the sh!tty forest on the left and the city on the right) i poped out a fall squad behind the enemy line and wiped 4 mortars and 2 maxims before they could retreat... mines prevent that
if you want to appear behind the enemy lines you take a risk, alternatively if you dont want an enemy popping up behind your lines you take actions to make sure that doesnt happen (mines)

high reward requires high risk
i dont recall the reinforcement cost but 1 model for multiple wipes would be tremendously IMBA

also suggesting something and using realism as a point in a thread asking for stepping on mines to only hurt a little....
20 Apr 2016, 01:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2016, 00:20 AMDomine

Until it's a machine gun... I wonder if it would set up when the first man left the house and break the game?

And not to mention how that will work with grenades. Machine guns already have a tight window to dodge grenades, this would make it even tighter.
20 Apr 2016, 02:00 AM

have you seen what a fallschirmjager squad or a partisan squad does behind weapon teams?
ive (in a 4v on the one with the sh!tty forest on the left and the city on the right) i poped out a fall squad behind the enemy line and wiped 4 mortars and 2 maxims before they could retreat... mines prevent that
if you want to appear behind the enemy lines you take a risk, alternatively if you dont want an enemy popping up behind your lines you take actions to make sure that doesnt happen (mines)

high reward requires high risk
i dont recall the reinforcement cost but 1 model for multiple wipes would be tremendously IMBA

also suggesting something and using realism as a point in a thread asking for stepping on mines to only hurt a little....

If you let a squad like a falls squad kill 6 support units, two of those mgs, then guess whose fault it is.
But oh, I noticed it's a 4v4 so why am I even arguing OpieOP

Btw, you don't seem to know how mines actually work irl.

Until it's a machine gun... I wonder if it would set up when the first man left the house and break the game?

And not to mention how that will work with grenades. Machine guns already have a tight window to dodge grenades, this would make it even tighter.

I would just recommend not to mess with machine guns in buildings. Just don't implement it for them. But what am I even arguing, nothing of this will be implemented :snfPeter:
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS