Login

russian armor

Wipe fai-safe mechanic

11 Apr 2016, 09:57 AM

So we as a community don't like instant wipe ?
How about a mechanic dat if a squad has all member it can't be wiped and leave a model always behind with 40 hp (this is about mine ,nade, tank and mortar shell)
edit: mod fail-safe please
Edit2: guys as you say more spacing with unit would solve the problem but Lelic won't do it because there are 100 post about spacing and no one was implemented maybe is in the code
11 Apr 2016, 10:04 AM
11 Apr 2016, 10:13 AM

No.

It could be good solution vs mines, but when a squad takes direct hit from B4 or Sturmtiger it should not stay alive.
11 Apr 2016, 10:37 AM

well units get insta wiped often for wierd reasons i.e. standing to close to each other ...
11 Apr 2016, 11:19 AM

No.

It could be good solution vs mines, but when a squad takes direct hit from B4 or Sturmtiger it should not stay alive.

I meant for tank and mortar shells and some nade
11 Apr 2016, 11:22 AM

Totally makes sense to take 203mm shell to the face and shrug it off.

Only because wipes are not welcomed, doesn't mean nothing should cause them.

Sometimes you'll have a bad luck, but nothing should prevent you from having it.

If you don't like it, there are many more casual RTS games out there.
11 Apr 2016, 11:24 AM
Donator 11

Lets just give one specified model in every squad 81 hp. Problem solved. If you are at full hp you wont be wiped by mortar or nade. If you arent full hp, something big hits you or there is a followup you are still dead. It wont be even hard to implement as there is specified "granade" model in every squad.
11 Apr 2016, 11:29 AM

I think its a lazy solution, this problem should be fixed by working with squad formations.
11 Apr 2016, 11:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2016, 11:22 AMKatitof
Totally makes sense to take 203mm shell to the face and shrug it off.

Only because wipes are not welcomed, doesn't mean nothing should cause them.

Sometimes you'll have a bad luck, but nothing should prevent you from having it.

If you don't like it, there are many more casual RTS games out there.

Kat look at the post I meant when I have a full rifle-volks squad fully reinforced 5 man should not insta die to tank shell or mortar

http://youtu.be/0V5eq4IQ6Go

A lucky shot should not loss me the game
11 Apr 2016, 12:16 PM

Wow, this is a great idea. Although it may be a bit hard to code.
11 Apr 2016, 12:25 PM

Kat look at the post I meant when I have a full rifle-volks squad fully reinforced 5 man should not insta die to tank shell or mortar

http://youtu.be/0V5eq4IQ6Go

A lucky shot should not loss me the game

No need to link me vid.
I'm the guy who does balance similar kind of randomness in games actually.

There is balance, there is immersion, there is what makes sense to happen and what not.

Thing is to gauge how often these most unpleasent things happen and evaluate from there, the cause, frequency and so on.

ISU of old was best example. That thing wiped reliably full health squads, so it was nerfed numerous times.
It still wipes squads, but not nearly as often as it used to. It should do it, because it would look silly for a gun like this not to wipe on perfect score and this is what you're suggesting.

There are only few units able to one shot full health squad, even less if we don't consider squad clumping, but since squads still do clump, this is your cause for the wipes, not the weapons themselves and that should be fixed, not artificial nerfs or counter logical buffs for a problem that can be fixed with squad spacing fixes.
11 Apr 2016, 12:29 PM

Meh. I don't like this idea.

If someone has a half health squad with all of its members left, and it gets hit by a B4 super heavy artillery shell, I would expect that squad to get vaporized.

Just fixing the door-mine mechanic and changing grenadiers to 5 man squads (with appropriate changes to reinforcement cost, DPS, received accuracy etc) would be enough in my opinion. Maybe also change Soviet Demo charges (make them penal vet 1 ability).
Random wipes should stay in the game, but they should not have a 100% success rate without requiring any skill such as with door mines; and they should not affect mainline infantry as bad as it affects grenadiers. You can't build a proper army when your core unit keeps getting random wiped.
11 Apr 2016, 12:54 PM

Meh. I don't like this idea.

If someone has a half health squad with all of its members left, and it gets hit by a B4 super heavy artillery shell, I would expect that squad to get vaporized.

Just fixing the door-mine mechanic and changing grenadiers to 5 man squads (with appropriate changes to reinforcement cost, DPS, received accuracy etc) would be enough in my opinion. Maybe also change Soviet Demo charges (make them penal vet 1 ability).
Random wipes should stay in the game, but they should not have a 100% success rate without requiring any skill such as with door mines; and they should not affect mainline infantry as bad as it affects grenadiers. You can't build a proper army when your core unit keeps getting random wiped.

I still see 5 man volks getting wiped quite regular by mines because of pathfinding/how models clump, hell I just had a game where the squad was spread out across a road and 1 mine still somehow wiped all 5. - yet vs rifles/cons I very rarely see more than 2 get wiped with a Okw mine.

Do different squads have slightly different movement/"formation" patterns? or does the OKW mine have less AoE or am I just super unlucky?
11 Apr 2016, 12:56 PM

You're unlucky.

All 30 muni mines are the same, but tommies and paras have best formation patterns.
11 Apr 2016, 13:14 PM

I still see 5 man volks getting wiped quite regular by mines because of pathfinding/how models clump, hell I just had a game where the squad was spread out across a road and 1 mine still somehow wiped all 5. - yet vs rifles/cons I very rarely see more than 2 get wiped with a Okw mine.

Do different squads have slightly different movement/"formation" patterns? or does the OKW mine have less AoE or am I just super unlucky?

I think you're just unlucky. I lose a full squad to OKW mines once every couple of games. It's frustrating as hell and that aoe should be reduced. I don't mind the bunch up wipes (that's on me) but if I've got my squad fully spread out it shouldn't die to one mine.
11 Apr 2016, 13:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2016, 12:56 PMKatitof
You're unlucky.

All 30 muni mines are the same, but tommies and paras have best formation patterns.

is it not possible to give that formation patterns to other squads????? just asking, as if this is true, maybe we have the solution to the "squad-wipe-due-to-clumping" thing already implemented ingame.

Why Relic don´t copy this patter formation to other squads??? or this is not just copy-paste some lines of code????
11 Apr 2016, 13:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2016, 13:30 PMFul4n0

is it not possible to give that formation patterns to other squads????? just asking, as if this is true, maybe we have the solution to the "squad-wipe-due-to-clumping" thing already implemented ingame.

Why Relic don´t copy this patter formation to other squads??? or this is not just copy-paste some lines of code????

It is possible, there is value dedicating squad spacing.

For whatever reason however, relic never fixed that, so we have 2-4 squads who move in perfect formation and nice spread and remaining ones moving around like drunk partisans.
11 Apr 2016, 14:01 PM

Wow, this is a great idea. Although it may be a bit hard to code.

Oh really, why is that?

(This will be good...)
11 Apr 2016, 14:16 PM

fix the squad spacing and animation for low man squads already plz lelic
11 Apr 2016, 15:03 PM

Squad wipes are part of the game.

Chances are if you get wiped it's because of your own mistake. Not having sweepers, not listening for mortars and moving out of the way, letting infantry face down a sturmtiger or whatever.

It has been the same whining since day one. (Mortars are OP!)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 36
Russian Federation 109

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment