Login

russian armor

Volks nerf

PAGES (9)down
3 Apr 2016, 17:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2016, 17:34 PMZyllen

Because it was nearly impossible for the okw to clear garrisons.

Same goes for any non-vanilla faction without flamethrower upgrades on their engies. So what?
3 Apr 2016, 17:49 PM

Same goes for any non-vanilla faction without flamethrower upgrades on their engies. So what?

Nope. The okw has no good indirect fire to clear out any early garrisons . you where basically stuck with getting an lv out or directly attacking with volks who do not have smoke or ooorah.
3 Apr 2016, 18:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2016, 17:49 PMZyllen

Nope. The okw has no good indirect fire to clear out any early garrisons . you where basically stuck with getting an lv out or directly attacking with volks who do not have smoke or ooorah.

Following this logic USA should have inpenetrable late-game tank, soviets and wehr should have superscalling mainline infantry and brits should have thousands of manpower. They have troubles in those aspects, afterall.
3 Apr 2016, 19:39 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2016, 17:49 PMZyllen

How is that different from USF? Atleast on Volks you get the nade tech for free, and Sturmpios for building clearing.

3 Apr 2016, 22:41 PM

Specialized in general utility, no doubt.

This makes no sense
3 Apr 2016, 23:23 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

This makes no sense

I specialize in a lack of specialization

Which is to say I'm shitty at everything
4 Apr 2016, 03:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2016, 17:34 PMZyllen

Because it was nearly impossible for the okw to clear garrisons.

the issue isnt that the okw have the flame nade, its that VOLKS have said flame nade... y'know the cheap infantry that also get the best AT in the game and a vet requirement reducer for 90mu? there are also reduced suppression bulletins for volks....
the result is a cheap, relatively durable squad that can counter tanks and garrisons while being no shirk in infantry combat as well... its a unit that can do it all (which is why its blobbed, same as rifles)

if it had gone on sturms, there would have been a garrison counter that was available just as early but also require more than one unit to counter most enemies
and for no extra cost outside teching up no the less
4 Apr 2016, 04:13 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

if it had gone on sturms, there would have been a garrison counter that was available just as early but also require more than one unit to counter most enemies

Literally this.

Also because making Model 24s less available wasn't cool :-(
4 Apr 2016, 06:45 AM

This makes no sense

You got me. :foreveralone:
4 Apr 2016, 06:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2016, 23:23 PMVuther

I specialize in a lack of specialization

Which is to say I'm shitty at everything

OMG a real, breathing conscript!
4 Apr 2016, 09:02 AM

Remove sherck
Add 100 mun tank hunter package
3 pupbchen (the ptrs for the German that one in the campaign)
And a panzerfaust (or button)
Remove flame nade
Give them American nade with a bit less damage but 50% bonus vs garrison unit
Edit: and buff at gun (pupchen) give them the green cover bonus
4 Apr 2016, 09:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2016, 19:39 PMTobis

How is that different from USF? Atleast on Volks you get the nade tech for free, and Sturmpios for building clearing.

They are not. i would say that the okw and the usf are now at the same level in their ability to clear buildings.
4 Apr 2016, 09:10 AM

the issue isnt that the okw have the flame nade, its that VOLKS have said flame nade... y'know the cheap infantry that also get the best AT in the game and a vet requirement reducer for 90mu? there are also reduced suppression bulletins for volks....
the result is a cheap, relatively durable squad that can counter tanks and garrisons while being no shirk in infantry combat as well... its a unit that can do it all (which is why its blobbed, same as rifles)

That bolded part is where your argument start to fall apart. Vg's can hold their ground early game. but sending them against vetted or upgraded rifles/is is just throwing your mp away.

and seriously? 1 or 2 (because you cannot afford more sp's) units to clear garrisons is just stupid
4 Apr 2016, 13:50 PM

By no shirk I meant they are no conscripts- they have pretty good staying power and more that 1/15 shots seem to hit their target at ranges beyond bayonet range. And if only sturms could get a price reduction or the okw could maybe start with more MP than the other factions... But instead we have a molitov without all the drawbacks of a molitov small things like range and throw speed (granted it is more expensive)letting it self counter machine guns on one of the most durable axis squads...and also hard AT. it makes volks far too efficient at everything
4 Apr 2016, 17:44 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

OMG a real, breathing conscript!

I think I have snow in my pants

Please send help
4 Apr 2016, 19:06 PM

Those who have problems with schreck blobs - just had exceptional smooth game - watch and enjoy.. Works 90% of time. But this was too smooth to be real..
4 Apr 2016, 22:28 PM

Volks have two problems. One, the Panzershreck provides OKW with crutch AT that allows them to fend off vehicles at extremely low cost (don't have to spend manpower or fuel on specialized AT weapons). Two, the Panzershreck gives way too much veterancy.

Honestly, I've supported removing the Panzershreck from Volks for ages, but I'm concerned the faction will be very weak without it. Removing Panzershreck makes the faction more-or-less reliant on the Raketenwerfer and Puma for early and mid-game AT, and I'm not sure that's enough.
5 Apr 2016, 12:09 PM

Volks have two problems. One, the Panzershreck provides OKW with crutch AT that allows them to fend off vehicles at extremely low cost (don't have to spend manpower or fuel on specialized AT weapons). Two, the Panzershreck gives way too much veterancy.

Honestly, I've supported removing the Panzershreck from Volks for ages, but I'm concerned the faction will be very weak without it. Removing Panzershreck makes the faction more-or-less reliant on the Raketenwerfer and Puma for early and mid-game AT, and I'm not sure that's enough.

I would say the raketen + volksfaust + puma is better than even grenadier+pak+222 in terms of mid-game at.

or make the flakht more useful to really cover the OKW's need. Flak ht could be a great unit if it got better mobility. The quad ht and m15 aaHT both proved that good suppression platform doesn't need to be a HMG.
5 Apr 2016, 13:56 PM

90 MU for a single panzerschreck on an infantry that cannot be upgraded with anything else is too cheap? I dont think so..

Also the veterancy has been changed, but its not the schrecks fault. If someone thinks schreck hits provide too much veterancy, then removing the weapon itself is not a solution for the problem.
5 Apr 2016, 14:18 PM

Another fix would be to reduce the damage of Volks again, the core problem is that Volks combine AT and AI while OKW can just use them like Osttruppen, that's what makes them so effective.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS