Login

russian armor

AVRE - STURMTIGER

1 Apr 2016, 09:31 AM

Case is simple.

Show me few replays with AVRE killing blobs, tanks and winning games - you hardly find any.
Now show me replays with ST winning games - there are plenty of them.
1 Apr 2016, 09:45 AM

Case is simple.

Show me few replays with AVRE killing blobs, tanks and winning games - you hardly find any.

If there are plenty, you will not have any trouble posting a few no?
1 Apr 2016, 09:59 AM

If there are plenty, you will not have any trouble posting a few no?

BANG

BANG

BANG

Your turn.

1 Apr 2016, 12:53 PM

I don't see how this is even a debate - the Sturmtiger clearly has much more impact than an AVRE. Longer range, can fire into the fog of war through obstacles, faster projectile, much higher penetration and enough damage to 1-shot medium tanks. Hell, the AVRE was nerfed down from 640 damage because people complained about it one shotting tanks!

All this for a token amount of fuel more and less manpower. Really, for cost the Sturmtiger is massively overperforming relative to the AVRE. It should have had its cost increased when all the other OKW heavy call ins were adjusted but it was somehow overlooked.
1 Apr 2016, 14:10 PM

If people are having issues killing stuff with AVRE or Sturm you are doing it wrong, you can't just run it in by it self and expect to kill stuff after the wind up, people will retreat or run out of where its aiming, you either need to scout ahead for it, or bait for it and use LOS Blockers, remember AVRE can arc over things and the Sturmtiger (can for the most part) shoot through LOS Blockers (still bugs out on some)
1 Apr 2016, 14:34 PM

I think both tanks are fine... I like AVRE a bit more, because its passive reload ability let me use it more frequently.

With the ST i must retreat from the frontlines to a safe area THEN start to reload manually, so its not just the 50sec lockdown i must wait, but actually all the travel to a safe area and back to the fight. Sometimes i wait twice the time than i wait with an AVRE, despite their reload time is actually the same.

Basically after i fire with an AVRE, i pull it back a little, and by the time i reach a safe area i can head back to the fight. I dont really care with the rest of their stats because i use none of these tanks to counter vehicles, but i always counter infantry blobs and both tanks are perfectly fine in it.
1 Apr 2016, 14:45 PM

Don't act like reversing ST behind lines is a disadvantage becasue AVRE can shoot faster. It can only in theory but very often you will have AVRE ready to fire even for few minutes becasue there won't be good target, or enemy saw you and you needed to pull back etc.

Just like artillery don't shoot right after cooldown is off becasue you need proper target, therefore very often you are ready to fire, but you don't do it.

As for the AVRE it suffers from large trees. Very often, when you are trying to use vision blockers, you sneak behind the trees and fire, shell will smash on the highest tree. That's absurd when you think that AVRE need to sneak becasue you can't shoot from fog of war.

And there are many trees on many 2v2 maps which can stop AVRE and you will suffer heavily from this since your enemy already knows you have AVRE without any casualities becasue you just smashed you shell on a tree.

For example, quite recently on Minsk, OKW kept 3 ISGs next to south fuel and next to the trees on the lest side (closer to base).
I moved my AVRE around the whole left side of the map, sneak next to ISG (just trees between us) and fired. All 3 ISGs were so clumped that all would have died but no, shell exploded at the very top of the largest tree.

I will post a screen in a minute so you can figute out what I mean.

This time shell smashed the trees right after firing, but every often, shell will fly in the air and explode when hit tips f the trees (red circles).

1 Apr 2016, 15:23 PM

Your turn.

Good, will check them out when/if i get interested.

Also, cut the "bang" and "your turn" stuff, i merely asked you to follow up on a claim you made, i never claimed anything to the contrary.
1 Apr 2016, 15:36 PM

Good, will check them out when/if i get interested.

Also, cut the "bang" and "your turn" stuff, i merely asked you to follow up on a claim you made, i never claimed anything to the contrary.

As a good player, you should know how ST is superior, how big impact it has and how many replays with ST there are, therefore words "If there are plenty, you will not have any trouble posting a few no?" sound like you do claim contrary or like a some fanboy said them. At least this is how I read them.
1 Apr 2016, 15:53 PM

Permanently Banned

#lelic #consistancy #nerfhammer #stalinwept
1 Apr 2016, 16:35 PM

As a good player, you should know how ST is superior, how big impact it has and how many replays with ST there are, therefore words "If there are plenty, you will not have any trouble posting a few no?" sound like you do claim contrary or like a some fanboy said them. At least this is how I read them.

From this very thread:

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2016, 17:23 PMzarok47
45 Range out of LoS oneshots are insane and should not be in coh2.

Sturmtiger is probably OP even, but considering it's craptastic commander and price, it's "balanced" in that way.

I don't like it tho.

If you had read this thread, you would see i am very well aware of how powerfull the ST is and that i am not a fan of it.

All i did, was ask you to follow up on your claim you could easily produce numerous replays of the ST being used, and you did.
I fail to see how your reponse alongside those replays were fitting.

Anyways this is a storm in a glass of water, let's just leave this be.
1 Apr 2016, 16:46 PM

The most important difference between the AVRE and the Sturmtiger is that the Sturmtiger can fire through obstacles ...

AVRE will fire over most obstacles so end result is about the same.

Having to move the sturm away before reloading makes it also to have a slower R.o.f practically...
1 Apr 2016, 18:12 PM

I'll take a slower rate of fire on the ST if it means I can fire through fog and actually wipe shit. How is that even debatable?
2 Apr 2016, 02:06 AM

2 Apr 2016, 02:42 AM

if i remember correctly, even they can reload on move, they still become abandoned after getting shot while reloading. also while reloading it suffer -40% movement speed, it is quite dangerous for it, it is a risk you don't dare to take with a vet 5 Stumtiger. (maybe i am wrong i don't dare to use it when its near front lines.)

AVRE on other hand there is no worry during reload, I had a game during a failed push, my infantry retreated, my vet 2 panther got hit by AVRE once got to 1/3 HP while retreating (map is full of buidings so retreat quite slow) , the AVRE chase my panther to near my base, while taking fire from my panther and fire the 2nd shot to finish my panther off. and back to safety using buildings to cut my pak view and fire off another two shots during the retreat, to force off my infantry chase.

so my point of view is they are both ok, i am still using AVRE some times, right now most UKF don't use it, not really because it suck, it is because improve emplacement is too OP atm.
2 Apr 2016, 12:22 PM

If ST get to vet 5, chances are you are already winning with it due to the massive mp bleed it has caused, people say OKW has no sniper when ST is used exactly like a sniper. The problem only problem with ST is that the rest of the ability of that commander is meh, no call-in, no MG34 means your early game sux hard.
2 Apr 2016, 12:29 PM

If ST get to vet 5, chances are you are already winning with it due to the massive mp bleed it has caused, people say OKW has no sniper when ST is used exactly like a sniper. The problem only problem with ST is that the rest of the ability of that commander is meh, no call-in, no MG34 means your early game sux hard.

You must be kidding. It's one of the best commanders for 2v2 and higher.
2 Apr 2016, 13:53 PM

You must be kidding. It's one of the best commanders for 2v2 and higher.

Sorry I mainly plays 1v1 so yeah ST is ridiculous for cramped 2v2 map and higher, like Crossing 2v2 with this bad boy means Allied team need to be very careful, for 1v1 though going ST is very risky.
2 Apr 2016, 18:34 PM

Case is simple.

Thank you

imo the fact that the avre cannot even shoot out of los makes the whole idea of what that unit is suppose to be worthless when you can see it coming.

sturm tiger has waaaaay tooo many perks and advantages
2 Apr 2016, 18:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Apr 2016, 16:46 PMMyself

AVRE will fire over most obstacles so end result is about the same.

Having to move the sturm away before reloading makes it also to have a slower R.o.f practically...

dosent matter avre can not wipe your infantry unless you have them standing on top of each other. sturm is guaranteed wipe. wipe two squads of vet 3 riflmen late game then it just goes down hill from there. it even stops you from being able to combat other tanks because you constantly have to be worried about the random nuclear bomb comming out of no where wiping your tank and turning the game upside down.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★