Login

russian armor

AVRE - STURMTIGER

3 Apr 2016, 09:42 AM

Like, elevation, you mean? (you have to realise that "ground" sounds a bit surreal :) ). I really didn't know this.

Yes, elevation. Doggy raged pretty hard in his stream at this. Not saying that it shouldn't, though. I dislike both units. They're just too bipolar to be balanced.

Who watches the watchers, though? There has to be at least one squad that is on the forefront.

Haha, nice reference.
3 Apr 2016, 09:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Apr 2016, 18:36 PMRocket

dosent matter avre can not wipe your infantry unless you have them standing on top of each other. sturm is guaranteed wipe. wipe two squads of vet 3 riflmen late game then it just goes down hill from there. it even stops you from being able to combat other tanks because you constantly have to be worried about the random nuclear bomb comming out of no where wiping your tank and turning the game upside down.

If you actually read my original comment you will that I have not claimed that Avre is better. Instead I pointed out that Avre gets a bonues vs buildings and in my opinion that is the direction heavy assault guns should go. Better at attacking builting even if that mean reducing their effectivness against other targets.

On the comparison thou:
Does a S.T. has a more effective shot? yes it is. Does Avre have practially a faster R.O.F? yes it does. Does S.T. have a major advantage because it ingores collision? It has an avtanage but it is not that massive because Avre can fire over most shot blockers and both have chance of colliding with the terrain and exploding before reaching the target. Does Avre has disadvantage because it turret turn? Not really because the S.T. has turn to face the target and that many times takes longer. Have that said Avre should propably be allowed to have its turret locked.

S.T. might be more efficinat than Avre but the difrence is no way near to what is presented in O.P
3 Apr 2016, 10:28 AM

now the real question is, why do i see 10x more avres than sturmtigers? i cant even remember when i faced a sturmtiger the last time :huh:
3 Apr 2016, 13:11 PM

Shooting more often does not mean the shots will be better.

I'd choose to shoot 2 times at juicy targets like blobs or tanks rather than 4 shots at single squad or completly miss.

Maybe you should learn2aim with your ST?

Shooting more often = more rockets = more chance to hit = more kills = more swag.

Unless you shoot braced emplacements.
3 Apr 2016, 14:29 PM

Maybe you should learn2aim with your ST?

Shooting more often = more rockets = more chance to hit = more kills = more swag.

Unless you shoot braced emplacements.

Your point?

If you did not understand then... I prefer 2 shots with ST over 4 shots with AVRE.
3 Apr 2016, 15:02 PM

Your point?

If you did not understand then... I prefer 2 shots with ST over 4 shots with AVRE.

4 shots > 2 shots.

You can kill more stuff with 4 shots.

Why you like shooting less?
3 Apr 2016, 15:41 PM

4 shots > 2 shots.

You can kill more stuff with 4 shots.

Why you like shooting less?

Its simple. I prefer one juicy shot from fog of war which can kill Pershing over shooting with avre at single squad because you wont catch tank with avre (and even if you do you wont kill it in 1 shot) plus you wont kill entire blob because enemy sees you.
3 Apr 2016, 15:44 PM

Its simple. I prefer one juicy shot from fog of war which can kill Pershing over shooting with avre at single squad because you wont catch tank with avre (and even if you do you wont kill it in 1 shot) plus you wont kill entire blob because enemy sees you.

Thats why you use sightblockers :megusta:

AVRE is easier to use coz OKW always blobs.
3 Apr 2016, 17:29 PM

Sturm tiger deals 640 damage. Ot enough to one shot a Pershing, nor a panther or a comet or even a t34-85. The AVRE is a body on the front, yes the sturm has a superior gun, but its gotta skidadle after the shot, the AVRE can be right there ready to fire at a juicy target as it presents itself, it also has some damn fine buffs with vet, starting with 30% reload, then speed then a damage buff, a flame after effect and passive engine repair. Avre is for sustained pressure where the sturm relies on bursts.
3 Apr 2016, 18:47 PM

Thats why you use sightblockers :megusta:

AVRE is easier to use coz OKW always blobs.

And to use shotblockers you must camp behind it and wait until enemy approaches, which nullifies whole reload advantage.

Still, check page previous page and you will notice, that sometimes shotblokers block AVRE.
4 Apr 2016, 03:53 AM

Name those obstacles ST can collide with.

idk if they fixed it but there WERE some destroyed buildings that would eat the shot (i think it acts like ground? idk)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★