Login

russian armor

Let's scale poor Conscripts!

30 Mar 2016, 22:33 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Would like to see massive buff to penals instead. Cons are still good for their utility, cost, and durability in the late game, only thing the are lacking is firepower. That should be where penals come into play as a high dps stock unit to supplement conscripts, but they suck. Will fix two birds with one stone.
31 Mar 2016, 04:38 AM

They were always meant to be fodder, used for merging and support. This is also why originally they were able to build sandbags, because they need cover to be effective. Giving CoH1 sandbags to all the new factions is the dumbest thing in the game.

PPSH scales them pretty well though in terms of fighting power.

If you're running something like NKVD that doesn't have call ins, you're gonna want to use lots of support weapons instead of mass conscript.
31 Mar 2016, 07:05 AM

The problem with cons is that except AT-nade, everything they do Maxim just do it better late game and at cheaper reinforce cost so better stick with Maxim spam, PPSH cons has shit accuracy that they can only deal dmg when sitting right next to enemy, which is impossible in some maps (Crossing, Langres, Kharkov).
31 Mar 2016, 11:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2016, 22:33 PMTobis
Would like to see massive buff to penals instead. Cons are still good for their utility, cost, and durability in the late game, only thing the are lacking is firepower. That should be where penals come into play as a high dps stock unit to supplement conscripts, but they suck. Will fix two birds with one stone.

After reading your other post and followed the link to Vet Guide, I saw that some OKW infantry units actually not only negates but supersede the Vet3 -40% Received Accuracy of Cons.

Maybe buffing Penals might even the odds by divert the "focus" from Cons while letting Soviets having some stock infantry units that actually deal significant damage.

Conscripts are there to protect your damage dealing units and snare enemy tanks. They do this exceptionally well with having sandbags, oorah, AT nades and merge.

I feel that even at that role the Cons take quite many casualties in a rather short time. I can't tell if this is because Cons performance is too poor or the other mainline infantry performs too good ... maybe its a bit of both as well!

31 Mar 2016, 16:18 PM

Maxim is never a better front-line troop than Cons. Especially when facing armor, Cons can oorah and snare them while Maxim can not do anything, at all.

And if you're tired of Cons spam or Maxims spam, why don't play with something like 3 Cons 1 Maxim, 2 Cons 2 Maxims, maybe even 4 Cons 2 Maxims or 3 Cons 3 Maxims? Just like Wehr play style in COH 1. It's much interesting and safer that way. For Cons are better when fighting alongside support weapon teams, their all round utility could be used to the fullest.
31 Mar 2016, 16:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2016, 11:21 AMisoul

I feel that even at that role the Cons take quite many casualties in a rather short time. I can't tell if this is because Cons performance is too poor or the other mainline infantry performs too good ... maybe its a bit of both as well!

It seems that soviets lack the munition sinks that every other faction have to improve their mainline infantry performance. Just speawing options to fix it;

1. DP lmg upgrade available at t3 or t4. Either global or per squad
2. Ppsh upgrade available at t3 or t4. Either global or per squad
3. Global upgrade costing munis to reduce reinforcement cost

I think 1 is an "easy" option with all the other factions having lmg infantry, but its really dull and steps on Guards toes.
2 is abit more interesting and fuffy, it doesn't even brake the ppsh doc ability as that comes much sooner.
3 looks kind of interesting, rather then the squad getting more firepower, it becomes a better meat shield for other squads. It even has abit of counterplay in that wipes become more valuable.

Unlikely to get looked at though unless the whole faction is reworked.....

31 Mar 2016, 18:05 PM

The approach of using Maxim instead of Cons is simply wrong (...and boring).

Actually the Maxim is supposed to be there to support attacking Cons by dealing damage and suppressing the (superior) enemy infantry. Same with Penals if soviet is to go T1.

The fact that Maxim is, for many players, more preferable a replacement of Cons should alert Relic balance team!
31 Mar 2016, 20:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2016, 16:21 PMGlokta

2. Ppsh upgrade available at t3 or t4. Either global or per squad

you could have the both ppsh upgrades stack, giving the 6 ppsh\

it would make psudo shocks, but way later so that would be ok and they would still lack armour, real nades and smoke

this would allow soviets to have some nasty AI infantry late game, but not be early enough to sway the early game
could be interesting
3 Apr 2016, 15:18 PM

I suggest a different approach. Make Conscripts cheaper with every upgrade that is purchased. Like -5 manpower for every building and hq upgrade.So you get some expandable troops for late game. Russian style.
3 Apr 2016, 20:51 PM

They are just mobile AT nade units late game, but let's keep in mind they are supposed to not be special.
4 Apr 2016, 05:29 AM

but let's keep in mind they are supposed to not be special.

#lelic #justsovietthings #stalinwept
6 Apr 2016, 08:11 AM

they scale.. they also have doctrinal AI upgrade
6 Apr 2016, 08:16 AM

They are just mobile AT nade units late game, but let's keep in mind they are supposed to not be special.

Similarly to volks.

ohwaitvolksgotbuffedtorolloverconsandarestrongerthengrenswithnolmgforwhateverreason
6 Apr 2016, 12:50 PM

Grens need buffs. 4 men squads are a thing of the past for mainline infantry. I love losing vet 3 grens to a stray motor round. Or a piece of glass left on the ground..
6 Apr 2016, 13:07 PM

Grens need buffs. 4 men squads are a thing of the past for mainline infantry. I love losing vet 3 grens to a stray motor round. Or a piece of glass left on the ground..

#themoreyouknow
#knowthedifference

motor

mortar

And don't expect any kind of gren buff without equally potent con buffs.
aaa
6 Apr 2016, 13:11 PM

Sure they dont need any buff.
They are the most cost effective unit in game by far. They trade equalaly with a lot more expensive guards at long range.

Only thing that keep them balanced is that they are slightly more wipeable. All the free abilities 2 viable weapon upgrades. This suggest they need nerf more likely.
I personaly hate playing vs oh t1 spam more than anything.

And dont forget oh have extra squad
6 Apr 2016, 14:45 PM

Indeed conscripts need some changes.
6 Apr 2016, 15:02 PM

#themoreyouknow
#knowthedifference

mortar

mortar
6 Apr 2016, 15:06 PM

#themoreyouknow
#knowthedifference

motor

mortar

And don't expect any kind of gren buff without equally potent con buffs.

Oh katitof, your so funny I wish I was as smart as you. Matter of fact I wish my hole life was like yours. See what I did there. I said hole. Not (insert correction here)
7 Apr 2016, 04:20 AM

mortar

mortar
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment