Login

russian armor

Rapid conscription is OP

29 Mar 2016, 06:01 AM

People seem to use this ability and then meat grinder units.

The proper way to use it is during a big fight where you're going to take damage anyway, and then use the new conscripts to merge into old squads to effectively reinforce without spending manpower. The duration is long enough that you'll get both squads easily.

120 muni to save ~240 manpower is pretty big. Not as good as OKW's 80 Muni to save 1/2 to 2/3 manpower per reinforce, but pretty close.

You could also use the new squads to cap on the flanks.
29 Mar 2016, 06:20 AM

Ok pal. Soviets doesnt have a good tanks and now they shouldnt have even a chance to counter it with conscripts. Brilliant.
29 Mar 2016, 06:24 AM

OP, you are burning! What is next? Fear propaganda is OP?

Rapid Conscription is a good ability, but not so close to being owerpowered.

My question is - how can it be nerfed? What is your vision?

==== Ржунимагу ===
29 Mar 2016, 06:35 AM

Almost free vet. The enemy has to spend 120 munis to activate the ability :megusta:

#ghostsofelitetroopspast
29 Mar 2016, 12:44 PM

A good tactic against somebody that uses Rapid Conscription is to kill as much cons as you can and give him more squads than he is comfortable with. It will feed you vet and overload his manpower upkeep and his popcap.
29 Mar 2016, 13:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2016, 12:44 PMDomine
A good tactic against somebody that uses Rapid Conscription is to kill as much cons as you can and give him more squads than he is comfortable with. It will feed you vet and overload his manpower upkeep and his popcap.

And lay down minefields everywhere. He can't have a sweepers everywhere at once and if he doesn't already have one hell have to purchase yet another infantry unit. The upkeep is real.
26 Apr 2016, 14:04 PM

Sorry guys about the necro, but I'll use this thread to raise some ideas, and see how do you like it.

I've recently been playing NKVD, and sure it's a blast - no one expects it, and gives a lot of opportunities to surprise tactics. But I think it could be way better if:

1) Rapid conscription cost 90 ammo (conscripts are not so much better than osttruppen)

2) IL2 Strafe were more reliable or cheaper, at least (maybe 150 ammo?)

3) The Flak truck were a bit less reliable as a AA unit (still brings down a lot of planes, even with - if memory serves me right - 5% chance per shot)

4) Fear propaganda cost 60 muni (from 80)

What do you guys think?
26 Apr 2016, 14:35 PM

If people like this ability this much, try using Reserve Army, Ppsh cons + AT Partisan + Rapid Conscription = Profit.
26 Apr 2016, 14:39 PM

I use that, I'm trying NKVD. I gotta make it work somehow.
26 Apr 2016, 15:23 PM
Donator 33

Sorry guys about the necro, but I'll use this thread to raise some ideas, and see how do you like it.

I've recently been playing NKVD, and sure it's a blast - no one expects it, and gives a lot of opportunities to surprise tactics. But I think it could be way better if:

1) Rapid conscription cost 90 ammo (conscripts are not so much better than osttruppen)

2) IL2 Strafe were more reliable or cheaper, at least (maybe 150 ammo?)

3) The Flak truck were a bit less reliable as a AA unit (still brings down a lot of planes, even with - if memory serves me right - 5% chance per shot)

4) Fear propaganda cost 60 muni (from 80)

What do you guys think?

Cheaper Rapid conscription would be good idea to make it similar to relief infantry, since Ostruppen are almost equal to Obersoldaten if they get their hands on a LMG 42 on VET 3

as for the IL2 Strafe, the Flak Truck AA in the upcoming patch will be behind a upgrade, that you first need to purchase if you want to use the flak gun, so its a indirect buff towards Allied Air abilities

Fear Propaganda originally costed 120mun, so be glad that it was lowered to 80, it also suppresses units in buildings for a half a second and gives you line of sight for a few seconds even after the artillery strike wears off from the area, and it can make AT guns retreat if they are not setup on the ground, it can also detonate democharges if it lands on top of them (1st shell will cause it to explode)
26 Apr 2016, 15:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2016, 15:23 PMATCF
(...) it can also detonate democharges if it lands on top of them (1st shell will cause it to explode)

I presume allied democharges, right? Still, even though it has all these advantages, wouldn't it be nicer if it were 60 muni? It doesn't give damage, and takes some time to "kick off".
26 Apr 2016, 15:51 PM

On a plus note, I noticed that even setup AT guns had to retreat. I used it extensively on a recent game, and it's a great ability!
26 Apr 2016, 16:58 PM

This ability just transforms ammo into manpower.
26 Apr 2016, 18:13 PM

I uploaded 3 replays for your appreciation. Yeah, I know, maybe it should go to the strategy desk, but I'do love to show these NKVD's games in action. The Radio Intercept by far pays itself just by picking it. It allowed me to time my soft and hard counters for luchs / 222.

First game

Second

Third

OBS: How do I correctly quote / link uploads?
26 Apr 2016, 19:40 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

I think you jumped to conclusions. Maybe ask for help in the State Office instead of fretting in the balance section?

Edit: sorry I relished this was a necro
26 Apr 2016, 19:43 PM

Oh sorry. I didn't notice this thread was on balance section. I tried to "reuse" an old thread so to not make a new instead.
26 Apr 2016, 19:46 PM

Oh sorry. I didn't notice this thread was on balance section. I tried to "reuse" an old thread so to not make a new instead.

No, don't worry, I didn't realize this was a necro. My comment was aimed at the OP. Sorry.
26 Apr 2016, 19:47 PM

Even so, the state office may give you more constructive feedback.
26 Apr 2016, 19:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2016, 19:47 PMwouren

Even so, the state office may give you more constructive feedback.

I do believe so. I even stated that maybe these recent posts of mine would be better utilised on the state office. Right now I'm outta time, but I'll think about some kind of discussion back there. Thank you for the consideration, and cheers.
26 Apr 2016, 20:20 PM

Rapid concription is actually pretty good. Before I switched to ost I always played with conscript support tactics. Cons with ppshs and hit the dirt can 1v1 sturmpios and probably pgrens too. They even have a decent chance vs falls. And there are a LOT of them.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS