Login

russian armor

Rapid conscription is OP

28 Mar 2016, 15:29 PM

I'm not minimizing the potential of them, I'm telling you they aren't nearly as good as you make them out to be. I've seen them both used by good players to great effect, but it doesn't have anything to do with the abilities themselves being OP. Believe me, go and try to pull this off against half competent players, you will be so underwhelmed and quickly change your opinion of it.

I don't pretend to be good, I don't say this and I'm not going to claim that I'm even decent.
But I call out on bullshit where I see it.

28 Mar 2016, 15:55 PM

OMG THIS IS BULLSHIT.
The soviet fucking scrub does it again!

RAPID CONSPAMMING :facepalm:
28 Mar 2016, 15:57 PM

After watching you through the in-game obs mode I've identified the issue.

2 pios into tiger is not most efficient BO.
28 Mar 2016, 16:33 PM

:snfPeter: F R E E S Q U A D S :snfPeter:
28 Mar 2016, 17:11 PM

lol no, recently I had a battle against the rapid conscript, it was a total rout.
Play to rapid conscript is very difficult :
- conscripts shit
- A lot of useless tanks in tiers
- You need to be a microinspection god - Keep the conscripts and do 600 clicks per minute, because the conscripts shit
28 Mar 2016, 18:15 PM

I will admit, it doesn't get enough credit since its acceptable in Soviet Reserve army. That being said, its still fairly under powered.
28 Mar 2016, 18:41 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

We should "nerf it" by giving penals instead of conscripts :snfPeter:
28 Mar 2016, 19:00 PM
Patrion 14

If you think that rapid conscription is op, what do you think of relief infantry? 1 free ostruppen squad for every 4 lost models to a max of 3. In other words, losing 2 squads of Ostruppen completely with relief infantry nets you an additional squad XD Its also alot cheaper thañ rapid conscription (25% cheaper).

Not to say that rapid conscription isn't good, but it is a very niche ability (you basically have to build a strategy around it), and even then it only really works if you have the ppshs upgrade in the same doc.

So basically, if you see rapid conscription, just build a second mg, some bunkers, some pgrens, or a tiger.
28 Mar 2016, 19:27 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

It was excellent when both offensive and defensive vet weren't working. Nowadays it's a good ability but as people have mentioned, not really in the best doctrines. Certainly not worth picking over anything with a call in tank.
28 Mar 2016, 19:38 PM

NKVD Doc is used by most top players though, many players think this doc is useless or bad, it's not.

Maaan I can't wait till someone breaks into the vault that has those replays of Jove, Paul, and the like winning ESL matches with NKVD commander so I can see some top players using it. While you're in there would you doing me a favor and grabbing a copy of the Area 51 autopsy tapes and the video of who *really* shot JFK? Oh, and I think the Ark of the Covenant is in there too if you want to take a peak inside...
28 Mar 2016, 20:04 PM

Yeah many players, meaning the Expert AI. I fucking HATE propaganda artillery.
28 Mar 2016, 20:58 PM
Patrion 15

Tried to purge this thread of off topic nonsense (I may have missed some).

If you don't think this thread should be balance maybe consider asking it to be moved to the strat desk. Don't post absolute rubbish.
29 Mar 2016, 00:06 AM

Get this, it's literally the more you kill them, the more they come back.
It's literally a Hydra ability are you fucking kidding us Relic?

Get fucking real here, how is this techincally fair or balanced?
It's insane!

ORAAAH ORAAAH OORAH

I go mid: Conscripts
flank Left: Conscripts
Flank right: Conscripts
Try to push tanks: Suddenly 5 conscripts ganging around throwing AT grenades.

HOLY SHIIIIIIT :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Then goes the super cheap tank spam.
It's literally impossible to counter all this bunch of conscripts armed with SMG.

Can we agree that this ability is beyond bullshit?

The ability is a marginal ability at best. When you see a player investing this heavily in cons get another MG or two, get Grens with lmgs, and consider getting a scout car to help you set up before he pushes.

He will have the ability to cap many points, but once you force him away with some MG fire you can recap the points. Don't over extend when you recap.

It sounds like, no replay posted, you were completely over whelmed, and he knew it, and rubbed it in your face with this ability.

Long and short ability is fine you should rewatch the game and see where you made mistakes. Try a couple S-mines next time on your flanks as well.
29 Mar 2016, 01:34 AM

I'm not minimizing the potential of them, I'm telling you they aren't nearly as good as you make them out to be. I've seen them both used by good players to great effect, but it doesn't have anything to do with the abilities themselves being OP. Believe me, go and try to pull this off against half competent players, you will be so underwhelmed and quickly change your opinion of it.

THIS THIS THIS
29 Mar 2016, 01:39 AM

Get this, it's literally the more you kill them, the more they come back.
It's literally a Hydra ability are you fucking kidding us Relic?

Get fucking real here, how is this techincally fair or balanced?
It's insane!

ORAAAH ORAAAH OORAH

I go mid: Conscripts
flank Left: Conscripts
Flank right: Conscripts
Try to push tanks: Suddenly 5 conscripts ganging around throwing AT grenades.

HOLY SHIIIIIIT :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Then goes the super cheap tank spam.
It's literally impossible to counter all this bunch of conscripts armed with SMG.

Can we agree that this ability is beyond bullshit?

Hi mate and welcome to CoH2.org. Can you please post a replay of your problem and we will all be happy/glad to help where you need to L2P.
29 Mar 2016, 02:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2016, 15:24 PMRollo
free vet

Almost free vet. The enemy has to spend 120 munis to activate the ability :megusta:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★