Login

russian armor

2016 Roadmap

21 Mar 2016, 21:50 PM
Donator 11

Input warspoils fix (aka ingame currency) -> CoH F2P, expand on ESL 2v2, more community maps, implementation of community skins.

Possible expansion for brit singleplayer at the least but possible African map expansion.
21 Mar 2016, 21:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2016, 22:58 PMTNrg

Wait, 2015 roadmap in 2016? :snfQuinn:

Welcome to the world of game development :snfQuinn:
21 Mar 2016, 21:59 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2016, 21:54 PMKatitof

Welcome to the world of game development :snfQuinn:

What industries are renowned for their punctuality?

Serious question.

Medicine, I guess?
21 Mar 2016, 22:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2016, 21:59 PMVuther

Serious question.

Medicine, I guess?

Well, I don't hear many movies being postponed, so there is that :romeoHype:
21 Mar 2016, 22:13 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Spam post invised by a Moderator, as well as one follow-up post citing said content.
21 Mar 2016, 22:49 PM

I hope they make another faction.
Some will oppose this, but I just really like how Relic give their armies "character" - voice acting, models, gameplay, each army feels unique, it's awesome!

I could imagine Italians. As part of an Afrika Korps-styled army.

Or, the addition of desert maps without a new faction, BUT with new uniforms for the existing factions (even though it could be extremly weird to see soviets in the sand)

I also always wanted to see a 2nd Soviet faction, sth that is what OKW is to Ostheer, just for the russians/soviets. It could be some sort of Guards Army; and it could - just like OKW did for "Germany fans" - serve the more frequent requests of "Soviet fans", e.g. by including real frontline troops (sth like "Strelky"), stock T34/85s (maybe with red banner to make them distinct) etc. It could also elaborate the "themes" of the soviet army even more; just like OKW expanded upon the whole elite, heavy theme Ostheer had initially. Such themes could include an ideological factor (flags'n stuff), women's participation in the Red Army (maybe as some stationary weapon crews; seizing this opportunity, Relic could finally fix some of the female weapon crew animations [the reason female partisans were removed]) etc. etc.
At the same time it would provide the normal, less-trashy-themed (conscripts) frontline soldier for the Red Army (as I said, "Strelky" or sth. like that); just like okw gave the germans their much desired field grey-uniformed frontline dudes, this faction would give the "russia fans" what they want.

^^Sry, got carried away abit :P But there is just so many more interesting things they could explore in this cinematic ww2 setting!
21 Mar 2016, 22:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2016, 22:03 PMKatitof

Well, I don't hear many movies being postponed, so there is that :romeoHype:

The medical industry is a bit overdue with the cure for cancer, so I don't think they qualify.

Movies do get delayed, but usually long before the general public is paying attention. Google "movie release date pushed" to see a few current ones. I keep a teaser poster for "Titanic" on my wall which says "SUMMER" in big bold letters (it was released theatrically in December) as a reminder that things do not always go as planned, but even so they can still turn out well.

21 Mar 2016, 23:42 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2016, 22:52 PMF.X.

The medical industry is a bit overdue with the cure for cancer, so I don't think they qualify.

Movies do get delayed, but usually long before the general public is paying attention. Google "movie release date pushed" to see a few current ones. I keep a teaser poster for "Titanic" on my wall which says "SUMMER" in big bold letters (it was released theatrically in December) as a reminder that things do not always go as planned, but even so they can still turn out well.

I've also heard the term "development hell" quite a lot around movie production. Maaaayyyybbe doesn't count since usually they're mostly going "Let's make that" and get stuck from there compared to video games usually releasing plenty of preliminary footage before going vaporware.
22 Mar 2016, 03:06 AM

I'd like a good North Africa campaign- I felt Ardennes Assault was a bit harf arsed.

An actual proper turnbased campaign with AI & resources would be good. If based in North Africa you could have fortified strong points (Tobruk, Tebaga gap)where you could concentrate forces for a counter attack or wait for an all out assault or siege. You could get munitions from raiding enemy sectors or holding resupply points. Then spend them on better equipment or to safeguard against environmental attrition.

Ardenne assault did this stuff but was just a bunch of randomly generated maps/levels with various levels of difficulty. The map based Ai was lame.

North Africa would be good for this type of campaign as both sides start on opposite sides of the map. This means both factions should be playable.

Eh pipe dreams. It won't happen.
22 Mar 2016, 03:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2016, 22:49 PMFluffi
I hope they make another faction.
Some will oppose this, but I just really like how Relic give their armies "character" - voice acting, models, gameplay, each army feels unique, it's awesome!

I could imagine Italians. As part of an Afrika Korps-styled army.

Or, the addition of desert maps without a new faction, BUT with new uniforms for the existing factions (even though it could be extremly weird to see soviets in the sand)

I also always wanted to see a 2nd Soviet faction, sth that is what OKW is to Ostheer, just for the russians/soviets. It could be some sort of Guards Army; and it could - just like OKW did for "Germany fans" - serve the more frequent requests of "Soviet fans", e.g. by including real frontline troops (sth like "Strelky"), stock T34/85s (maybe with red banner to make them distinct) etc. It could also elaborate the "themes" of the soviet army even more; just like OKW expanded upon the whole elite, heavy theme Ostheer had initially. Such themes could include an ideological factor (flags'n stuff), women's participation in the Red Army (maybe as some stationary weapon crews; seizing this opportunity, Relic could finally fix some of the female weapon crew animations [the reason female partisans were removed]) etc. etc.
At the same time it would provide the normal, less-trashy-themed (conscripts) frontline soldier for the Red Army (as I said, "Strelky" or sth. like that); just like okw gave the germans their much desired field grey-uniformed frontline dudes, this faction would give the "russia fans" what they want.

^^Sry, got carried away abit :P But there is just so many more interesting things they could explore in this cinematic ww2 setting!

The idea of a new Soviet army could be interesting. We could have a faction that focuses on the independent divisions of WW2.
22 Mar 2016, 05:52 AM

2016's Roadmap:

May - Relic liquidated, CoH2 support ceased.

The end.

(sorry I couldn't help myself XD)
22 Mar 2016, 07:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2016, 23:42 PMVuther

I've also heard the term "development hell" quite a lot around movie production. Maaaayyyybbe doesn't count since usually they're mostly going "Let's make that" and get stuck from there compared to video games usually releasing plenty of preliminary footage before going vaporware.

Development hell is also frequent in the Game industry. Examples are Duke Nukem Forever and Half-Life 2+1 (never say 3).

As in Medicine industry, yes they are very strict specially in field studies. I haven't encountered a project delay so far in my field (Clinical Nutrition). You basically can't ignore delays since in most cases, you have to wrap up your project before test subjects (people) get tired and leave (there are some exceptions in Cohort studies though).

But all in all, unexpected road bumps are gonna slow your road map down.
22 Mar 2016, 10:43 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Two off-topic posts invised. If you want to make friendly inquiries of another poster which are unrelated to the subject in hand, please do so by PM. Thnx

Back to topic.
22 Mar 2016, 13:08 PM

Think how bad support was the last 3 years. Think about the pay2win advanced cancer commander they just released, but now only with no support team behind it now that they've laid off most of the staff.

Adios suckers. I already removed the game from my steam library. One of the worst excuses of an esports game in history.
22 Mar 2016, 13:47 PM

Think how bad support was the last 3 years. Think about the pay2win advanced cancer commander they just released, but now only with no support team behind it now that they've laid off most of the staff.

Adios suckers. I already removed the game from my steam library. One of the worst excuses of an esports game in history.

Can I have your stuff?
22 Mar 2016, 16:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2016, 21:59 PMVuther

Serious question.

Medicine, I guess?

Definitely, definitely not.
The medical industry is rife with crony capitalism, regulatory capture, and incredibly overbearing bureaucracy.

IMO it's odd for bideo games, since they don't seem like they're bureaucratic at all, and yet things get delayed and changed all the time. Eh.
Edit: I realized I'm probably perceiving things incorrectly. Supply is demand.
22 Mar 2016, 17:10 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Ok so there we have it

Professional conduct, contrary to popular belief, involves doing your work long after you initially said you would. :luvDerp:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★