Login

russian armor

Double maxim spam.

12 Mar 2016, 11:07 AM

Enough is enough.
Something has to be done with maxim spam.
Yesterday I had few games agasint double soviets with double maxim spam strat.
It's so so retared. Even triple leigs and stuka can't stop them. It's like 10 maxim. Suppression everywhere, no chance to flank, cannot move anywhere.

Im aware of the fact that maxim spam is viable strategy because it works better than Penals, Cons, anything else, so nefring maxim won't solve issue. It must come along with buffing other infantry or even a tech tree.

I have few things on my mind:
small buff for Penals in terms of rec. acc.
M42 as a non-doc at gun in T1 or HQ and unlock once T1 (give KV2 to defensive doctrine)
Lower maxim crew to 4 or keep 6 but nerf suppression.
Remove sprint ability (this is fucking retarted when you play agasint double maxim spam)
Give cons some non doc upgrades.

Anything... It has to be fixed. Currently it's so retared.

12 Mar 2016, 11:16 AM

Just increase the setup time and reduce insta suppression it has when you are near that nasty soviet thing...like only 1 guy in the arc but close enough for an insta suppression.
12 Mar 2016, 11:37 AM

when will you people learn that you don't fix spam by nerfing the unit in question. You buff the counters to said unit or buff the faction of said unit to pick up the slack.

If something in a faction is "overperforming" then something else in the faction is under performing.

Nerfing maxims will just punish people who use them nornally (i.e not spamming)
12 Mar 2016, 11:39 AM

when will you people learn that you don't fix spam by nerfing the unit in question. You buff the counters to said unit or buff the faction of said unit to pick up the slack.

If something in a faction is "overperforming" then something else in the faction is under performing.

If you read my first post you would not write such bullshit but let me show you part of my post

"Im aware of the fact that maxim spam is viable strategy because it works better than Penals, Cons, anything else, so nefring maxim won't solve issue. It must come along with buffing other infantry or even a tech tree."
12 Mar 2016, 11:44 AM

Played against it yesterday. On Semoiski this horseshit is insta "gg".
12 Mar 2016, 11:45 AM

I dont think nerfing the Maxims will solve the issue with the Soviets. Maxims are fine as they are. First of all I would buff T1 by making Penals a little more durable and therefore real infantry killers. I like the idea of adding the M24 AT gun to T1. Another important issue are conscripts. They need some kind of non doc upgrade, for example a triple SVT or even AVT upgrade, whichs buffs their damage on mid to close range without nerfing them on far range. Of course it has been said to often, but Soviets need a buff or even a replacement for the T34/76. I like the Idea of making the T34/76 being in a sidetech in T3 and adding the t34/85 to T4.

I have a response sentence, stop spamming folkgrenadiers.
Dude appearance of new threads about spam will not change anything, this game is based on spam, this game encourages spam. If you do not wish spam this game need to change the mechanics

And you do not change the people who like to play as spam

If you read my first post you would not write such bullshit but let me show you part of my post

"Im aware of the fact that maxim spam is viable strategy because it works better than Penals, Cons, anything else, so nefring maxim won't solve issue. It must come along with buffing other infantry or even a tech tree."

then why include in your list of "fixes":
Lower maxim crew to 4 or keep 6 but nerf suppression.
Remove sprint ability (this is fucking retarted when you play agasint double maxim spam)

Your whole post reeks of " i just got shut down at the 12 min mark by maxims rage rage nerf nerf"
12 Mar 2016, 11:47 AM
Patrion 14

Their suppression is a tad high imo. The Germans MG teams are suppose to trade less damage and slower set up times for wider arc and higher suppression. But the maxim seems to suppress just as fast as an MG 42. It wasn't always like this and I can't remember why Relic decided maxims needed this buff.

OKW suffers the most vs maxims with poor indirect fire counters (the LeIg costs too much as does too little to counter the many, many maxims).

I think a slight reduction in suppression will make flanking easier on maxims. Often times your units will be on the edge of their arc only to be suppressed from just a few shots.

I find it's also map dependent - maxims seem to do worse on larger, more open maps with poor access to buildings.
12 Mar 2016, 11:53 AM

If your playing double OKW have 1 of you go double Stuka, it punishes it hard. Double kubel starts also work very well vs t2, both shooting at a maxim can bring it down very fast, and helps mitigate bleed at the start of the game - just repair them with your sturms!

Ideally you want to decrew one ASAP and steal it, then their strat slowly falls apart.
12 Mar 2016, 11:56 AM

Didnt you read misscommissar threads? Maxims UP
12 Mar 2016, 11:58 AM

lul :luvDerp:
12 Mar 2016, 12:30 PM

Use MG's to stop their stepping towards. If you want attack use smoke from mortars, artillery officer with smoke ability working good too. I know its not easy, but it's possible. I just love when someone is playing maxim spam on me, ez win.
If you facing this strat as OKW, leave or try to get SturmTiger.

It's a bit up. Before VonIvan, who started this madness on ladder, many players cried here how it's bad. But I think it's need a bit redesign, longer set up time and longer rotation but more survivability and AoE suppres to counter blobs.
12 Mar 2016, 13:07 PM
Donator 33

The standard crew size for all support weapons should be 4.

That would stop people from using them as frontline troops. Or mainline infantry.
12 Mar 2016, 13:17 PM

That's not how it works. Just because one unit over performs does not mean other units in the same faction must therefore under perform. Buffing the counters to maxims will break balance elsewhere as it would just crush Brits/USF support weapon play. Buffing other units in the soviet arsenal will also not magically make maxim spam any less effective.

Maxim spam is just too easy to do at the moment. The unit just performs too well on its own. I would suggest a slight increase in set-up time; this would make maxims operate a lot less effective on their own and would make them actual support weapons.
12 Mar 2016, 13:17 PM

The standard crew size for all support weapons should be 4.

That would stop people from using them as frontline troops. Or mainline infantry.

And what if mainline infantry performed like manline infantry instead of engineers without building ability?

That could help too you know...

People use maxims, because thats the only thing that reliably works for soviets if you don't want to spam elite infantry.

Why would soviet players use conscripts, if at max vet, vs axis infantry they do 1-3 DPS long range and 10-15 dps short?

When the WHOLE squad deals LESS dps then single weapon of opposing faction troops when we take vet into account, what is the reason to even use that squad?

Even combat engies outperform cons if you put flamers on them.
12 Mar 2016, 13:18 PM

Permanently Banned
Lol Magic create thread about maxim are to strong :nahnah:.
12 Mar 2016, 13:18 PM

Lol Magic create thread about maxim are to strong :nahnah:.

Yea... You gotta play axis from time to time :foreveralone:
12 Mar 2016, 13:27 PM

Permanently Banned
In theory counter maxim looks not hard, but imo need change, up price, change build time, and buff it a little. Long time of building no map control, more hight price no spam. Its be combine arms waht relic try to do (i hope) from 2013.
12 Mar 2016, 13:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2016, 11:16 AMClick
Just increase the setup time and reduce insta suppression it has when you are near that nasty soviet thing...like only 1 guy in the arc but close enough for an insta suppression.

Maxim's thing is kind of stronger suppression but narrower firing arc - it makes it unique. But currently it's too strong when spammed. However, if you nerf the set up time or suppression too much, it will be useless. And widening it's arc would make it just like any other MG but a 6-man crew. Maybe the set up time could be increased a bit so that mindlessly a-moving it wouldn't be effective, forcing you to actually micro it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★