Login

russian armor

Double maxim spam.

16 Mar 2016, 13:04 PM

I find it curious that the Maxim boasts the same wide firing arc of its counterparts when garrisoned in a building while it's so narrow in the field. That combined with its high suppression and large squad size can make the Maxim very difficult to remove from hardened buildings. Might narrowing the Maxim's firing arc when garrisoned (maybe not to the same value as in the field, but substantially lower than it is now) be a sufficient nerf?
16 Mar 2016, 13:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2016, 13:04 PMDaciaJC
I find it curious that the Maxim boasts the same wide firing arc of its counterparts when garrisoned in a building while it's so narrow in the field. That combined with its high suppression and large squad size can make the Maxim very difficult to remove from hardened buildings. Might narrowing the Maxim's firing arc when garrisoned (maybe not to the same value as in the field, but substantially lower than it is now) be a sufficient nerf?

Why wouldn't it?
If it didn't, it would be impossible to utilize garrisons with it.

And removing it from building isn't any harder then any other HMG, 1 inc nade, few mortar/isg shots, 4 flamer bursts, exactly as much as any other HMG needs. Only using sniper makes a difference.
16 Mar 2016, 13:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2016, 13:04 PMDaciaJC

Why not remove maxims of the game ? kappa.
16 Mar 2016, 14:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2016, 13:30 PMJadek

Why not remove maxims of the game ? kappa.

Good idea, it's ruining the sov faction anyway.
16 Mar 2016, 21:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2016, 13:09 PMKatitof

Why wouldn't it?
If it didn't, it would be impossible to utilize garrisons with it.

Because to me, it doesn't make much sense that the HMG designed primarily to be a frontline combat unit (great offensively but poor as a defensive option) should somehow be the best MG when in a building, besides perhaps the Vickers.

It's not a huge deal, and I don't mind if it stays like this, but I always saw it as a bit inconsistent.
16 Mar 2016, 21:35 PM

when will you people learn that you don't fix spam by nerfing the unit in question. You buff the counters to said unit or buff the faction of said unit to pick up the slack.

If something in a faction is "overperforming" then something else in the faction is under performing.

Nerfing maxims will just punish people who use them nornally (i.e not spamming)

16 Mar 2016, 23:49 PM

Even real vet penals are garbage. So one has to think before asking for a nerf.
17 Mar 2016, 00:17 AM

Nerf Maxim then give huge buffs to Conscripts and Penals.
17 Mar 2016, 02:35 AM

just make the maxim an identical profile of mg42 with 4 man squad. now everyone is happy.

Almost.. Id then be shit scared as soviets of the rifle nade so chuck them on the conscripts as well :)
17 Mar 2016, 02:59 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2016, 21:25 PMDaciaJC

Because to me, it doesn't make much sense that the HMG designed primarily to be a frontline combat unit (great offensively but poor as a defensive option) should somehow be the best MG when in a building, besides perhaps the Vickers.

It's not a huge deal, and I don't mind if it stays like this, but I always saw it as a bit inconsistent.

I thought that was weird meself for long, but I'm pretty it's because of the windows in buildings - some of the walls are pretty long, so in those buildings, Maxim's normal arc of fire would ensure there would be a lot of deadzones on those walls of those buildings that it'd have to keep setting up to hope to shoot at anything moving and pretty much make flanking it a trifle for its enemies, especially combined with how it has the same set-up time in buildings as other HMGs unlike a few years ago when it was one of the fastest.

Thus, if they wanted to nerf the Maxim's building effectiveness, it would be far more better for its players to nerf its suppression, fire-rate, traverse, etc. while it's in a building than to make it a clunky piece of crap that can be flanked by monkeys in those buildings.
17 Mar 2016, 06:44 AM

Lol, just lol.

Maxim spam is OP, but MG-42 spam is ok.

Good news for you, OP - MG-42 spam is real today too, a lot of Ost players calling 2-3 MG-42s and nobody cares. And it is even more OP, than Maxim spam.

2-3 maxims cover same area as 1 MG-42. So, 3 MG-42 covers same area as 9 (!) maxims.

See reason, why we spam maxims? They can do their MG-job good only in massive numbers, while MG-42 doing same job nice alone. And again - idea of offensive MGs is stupidity, make doctrinal offesives ok, no problems, but in stock I need normal MG.
17 Mar 2016, 08:42 AM

Lol, just lol.

Maxim spam is OP, but MG-42 spam is ok.

Good news for you, OP - MG-42 spam is real today too, a lot of Ost players calling 2-3 MG-42s and nobody cares. And it is even more OP, than Maxim spam.

2-3 maxims cover same area as 1 MG-42. So, 3 MG-42 covers same area as 9 (!) maxims.

See reason, why we spam maxims? They can do their MG-job good only in massive numbers, while MG-42 doing same job nice alone. And again - idea of offensive MGs is stupidity, make doctrinal offesives ok, no problems, but in stock I need normal MG.

i summon donniechan:snfQuinn:
17 Mar 2016, 20:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2016, 00:17 AMDoggo
Nerf Maxim then give huge buffs to Conscripts and Penals.

Give 5 man Gren squad to Ostheer, deal.
17 Mar 2016, 20:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2016, 02:35 AMGumboot

Almost.. Id then be shit scared as soviets of the rifle nade so chuck them on the conscripts as well :)

lol, it's fine. I'd just use my 6 man cons to pick them up again. After 75% damage reduction for being in heavy cover, I think they'd survive a grenade. It's better than having 6 man and having to pack up, spin in a circle, unpack, and fire again in which by that time, decrewed.
17 Mar 2016, 21:40 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

lol, it's fine. I'd just use my 6 man cons to pick them up again. After 75% damage reduction for being in heavy cover, I think they'd survive a grenade. It's better than having 6 man and having to pack up, spin in a circle, unpack, and fire again in which by that time, decrewed.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★