Login

russian armor

Let's talk about ostheer.

14 Mar 2016, 09:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2016, 21:56 PMzerocoh

Next time don't sit around all game waiting for tiger. get flakpanzers or panzerwerfer and you are good.

Ost might not be "broken" as the other factions, but they are the strongest by far, only fanboys would not agree with this.

most times I play ost I don't even pick commanders since they have everything from the get go.

You are one of a kind zerocoh.
Well maybe two actually, seeing as aaa also exist.

And it seems your 1vs1's as ostheer isn't going as gloriously easy as you claimed either.

How very unsurprising.
14 Mar 2016, 10:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2016, 09:52 AMzarok47

And it seems your 1vs1's as ostheer isn't going as gloriously easy as you claimed either.

How very unsurprising.

nobody wants to play ezmode, he plays ost with only pioneers:snfPeter:
14 Mar 2016, 16:31 PM

PGrens beating 2 x BAR riflemen at medium range and under. No chance buddy.

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Dec 2015, 22:15 PMnewvan
First video Rifles vs PGrens, it will be 5 in total.
1 vet0
http://plays.tv/video/5671deb05f1fe75151
2 vet0
http://plays.tv/video/5671e157b607318088
3 vet3
http://plays.tv/video/5671e4fa9cd793720d
4 vet3
http://plays.tv/video/5671e76e1e367ee901
5 vet3
http://plays.tv/video/5671ea264c19892ac0

Here's your answer buddy. Been answered SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many times. Yes, there is a very high chance pgrens will win against 2 x bar riflemen. Live with it move on.
15 Mar 2016, 02:44 AM

Here's your answer buddy. Been answered SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many times. Yes, there is a very high chance pgrens will win against 2 x bar riflemen. Live with it move on.

Excuse me kid, but can you show me which video shows one squad of PGrens beating two squads of Rifleman with BARS?
15 Mar 2016, 03:13 AM

If the panzergrens are full health, have at least vet 2, and are in cover, preferably green cover, and the riflemen are advancing, on the move, in the open, the pgrens will likely win. Very conditional, but for the level of micro out of an average game of CoH2, probably not that rare.

I know on multiple occasions I've personally wiped 2 conscript squads with a vet 2 pgren in yellow cover under those conditions. If they came one after another they could've done 3. Although, I know it's different situation and a weaker opponent, but infantry on the move, out of cover, are what pgrens are designed to kill.

They ain't assault units.
15 Mar 2016, 03:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2016, 09:52 AMzarok47

How very unsurprising.

Always love those players who don't even really play ostheer that much.

The main problem that has always been with Ostheer, you need to gain that 40-50% map control. You can't fight in mobile battle vs USF/SU that well (Don't mean that you can't, but they have advantage). And if you get punished too much very early by MP bleed you will lose, because u lose map control and stay always behind by reacting by building stuff that is must build (PAK easiest example). The main problem still is with Grens being 4 model squads, they just can't deal vs other main line infantry, and they are very heavy reinforce cost 30mp is too much for faction that is always starved with MP unless having clear advantage.

But in the end Ostheer is still balanced, just hardest faction that loses if you make mistakes in early to mid hardest compared to other factions. Problem being you can do all, but you aren't good at anything specific.

ps. Faction advantage wehr sniper :)
15 Mar 2016, 21:46 PM

Excuse me kid, but can you show me which video shows one squad of PGrens beating two squads of Rifleman with BARS?

excuse me for your 2 x Bar riflemen doesn't mean riflemen with 2 BARs lol.
And why would you expect 340 mp to beat 560 mp + 240 muni?
15 Mar 2016, 22:36 PM

I think Ostheer is fine. The most well rounded and balanced faction.Seems UP in comparison to OKW.

OKW still seems to recieve the special treatment. Needs side tech and shreks moving/removing and better at gun options.

USF is a mixed bag. Shit can hit the fan real quick and its hard to make a comeback due to weaker lategame compared to axis.

UKF. Shoehorned into spamming emplacements then going all out for cromwells. Only premium commanders worth using. Counter-battery needs changing/cost.

USSR. May just be me but even though I think its a solid faction, there is just something amiss......

just my two cents ;)
15 Mar 2016, 22:41 PM

As for the rest of the thread... I don't think Gren spam should be a viable way to play Ostheer. Out of all factions, Ostheer has the best options for combined arms. You've got your snipers, HMGs, mortars, weapon upgrades, anti garrison, vehicle snares, solid AT-infantry etc. All fairly easy accessible with no side-tech upgrades required. If you just make grens equal to riflemen, then Ostheer would just be "all the things allies can do, and more".

This.

And just make the brummbar a bit better vs blobs and Ostheer is fine.
15 Mar 2016, 23:08 PM

Me and my Teammate have been having problems with just trying to survive vs Vetted blobs. Grens and Pgrens just feel horribly inefficient at only 4 men compared to 5 men Rfiles and Tommies.

The micro required for their combined arms is also at a premium, I know historically USF has been the "hardest to micro" faction, but lately I would have to give it to Wher. I feel like I need 2-3x of everything to counter anything and I can only ever afford 1-2 of anything.

Playing Wher just feels like slamming your head into a brick-wall right now. Playing OKW isn't as bad, but is a Build Order snooze-fest.
16 Mar 2016, 06:43 AM

Wow this thread is a shit show.... Also... Shouldn't we be pushing for more combined arms instead of trying to make the best combined arms army capable of mindless spam? As seem by the USF a strong core and shit support= blob central or core infantry xan counter everything like the okw= blob. Ost needs a slight revamp for sure (like the soviet) because they get a whole lot of dick all when teching up compared to free officers or frp/repairs/antieverythingflak or self defence artillery. But at the core they are probably the most balanced and ideal army in this dumb game...
16 Mar 2016, 07:03 AM

Ostheer is best designed faction. They usually demand combined arms and are more of a finesse.

Biggest necessary change is to decrease cost of tier 4 and increase utility of tier 4. Ostheer basically techs to call ins or tier 3. The lack of strategic options compared to OKW or Soviet is stifling. Ostheer could also use some more indirect fire options. Emplacement cancer shouldn't require a doctrinal response in Mortar Halftrack.

Also please remove the AIDS that is British from the game. Emplacement spam or sim city is a huge joke of game design.

Not that it'll happen since Relic basically abandoned the game.
16 Mar 2016, 20:05 PM

.... Emplacement cancer shouldn't require a doctrinal response in Mortar Halftrack...

non doc armour shouldn't require doctrines to counter yet the soviet are in that boat
relic has a vision and even though one eye is blind and the other cant see they WILL stick to that vision...its why they added mod support! so SOMEONE could balance their game...
18 Mar 2016, 20:36 PM

Me and my Teammate have been having problems with just trying to survive vs Vetted blobs. Grens and Pgrens just feel horribly inefficient at only 4 men compared to 5 men Rfiles and Tommies.

The micro required for their combined arms is also at a premium, I know historically USF has been the "hardest to micro" faction, but lately I would have to give it to Wher. I feel like I need 2-3x of everything to counter anything and I can only ever afford 1-2 of anything.

Playing Wher just feels like slamming your head into a brick-wall right now. Playing OKW isn't as bad, but is a Build Order snooze-fest.

Know this feeling as I have played Coh2 mostly OST, always when play other factions just notice how much easier it is to decide what to build and iniate fights.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 44

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight