Login

russian armor

Let's talk about ostheer.

12 Mar 2016, 01:57 AM

Panzergrenadiers are great AI units right of the bat. A Panzergrenadier squad will beat a 2x BAR riflemen squad at medium range and under. From what I see from replays, people often just don't use them the right way. People often use panzergrenadiers as if they were SMG troops, trying to get them as close as possible to the enemy before stopping to open fire. This is simply not how you use them. They will drop models on approach and you will not have the models left to inflict damage. Instead, you should just stick them behind some cover at medium range and watch them do their magic.

PGrens beating 2 x BAR riflemen at medium range and under. No chance buddy.
12 Mar 2016, 02:18 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

1 T70 will beat 2x 222.

I'm not sure about this statement, specially after increasing the health.

12 Mar 2016, 02:25 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Pretty sure they do if the vet's anywhere near equal. This being the case at all is of course, hardly a guarantee in practice.
12 Mar 2016, 02:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2016, 02:25 AMVuther

Pretty sure they do if the vet's anywhere near equal. This being the case at all is of course, hardly a guarantee in practice.

At Vet 0, I reckon PGrens would get wiped.
12 Mar 2016, 02:43 AM

At Vet 0, it's pretty close, with the edge to 2xBAR rifles. Of course in game lots of things can tip the balance such as which unit stays stationary more, who shot first etc.

And then RNGesus can always strike....
12 Mar 2016, 03:02 AM

Don't forget UKF, PzG is wonderful versus Tommies and RE.
12 Mar 2016, 03:23 AM

My comparison is higher tier vs lower tier.

Elchino made a good point.

1 T70 will beat 2x 222. Equal skill equal micro. And there's nothing wrong with that.

222+ gren can actually handle a t70 pretty well. the 20mm can pen the rear of the t70 consistently, so a fausted t70 will die pretty quick to a 222.
12 Mar 2016, 03:26 AM

222+ gren can actually handle a t70 pretty well. the 20mm can pen the rear of the t70 consistently, so a t70 will die pretty quick to a 222.

That's plus gren. Why add that into the equation?

I could say t70 with maxim can beat 222 + gren.

But that's irrelevant. The point is that a higher tier unit can be expected to beat a lower tier unit. Tech cost + time delay + reinforce all mean that the unit should perform better than a unit that comes earlier with a lower cost.

Obers can be expected to beat a Brit Inf Section and it makes little sense to complain about that.
12 Mar 2016, 09:29 AM

The vids are posted in this very thread. On page one.
12 Mar 2016, 20:59 PM

I have a feeling like current Ostheer is unplayable in 2s.

I had few 2v2 after hotfix agasint very good opponents and the scenario in always the same.

Insane struggle in early game leading to heavy VP bleed, slowly recapturing territory, getting to the late game, seems like we are going to make amazing comeback, losing by VP (becasue of early game bleed).
I could get 2 Grens to 1700% efficiency, sniper with 50kills, Command Pz4 that survives 8500dmg, double vet 3 HMG but in the end, USF blob with Brits support or maxim spam is always on top of that.

You micro your ass like fuck and yet you still have hard time againt a-move blobs.

OKW is free from this but OST... Garedn me..
12 Mar 2016, 21:57 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

That's plus gren. Why add that into the equation?

I could say t70 with maxim can beat 222 + gren.

But that's irrelevant. The point is that a higher tier unit can be expected to beat a lower tier unit. Tech cost + time delay + reinforce all mean that the unit should perform better than a unit that comes earlier with a lower cost.

Obers can be expected to beat a Brit Inf Section and it makes little sense to complain about that.

How did the thread derailed like this

OP complains about PG
>People says they are "fine" (besides IMO transition with veterancy), showing they can defeat 1v1 Rifles wiht 2x Bar from med to close
>>>Someone brings a 1v2 comparison (wtf) of PG vs Rifles
>>>>>>Now we compare different tier units and performance even though everyone presents different scenarios

PD: again, double 222 (30f 420mp) will defeat T70 (200mp 70f)
PD2: someone should run a test for rear armor T70 vs 222 and on the move performance.
13 Mar 2016, 10:22 AM

Permanently Banned
In my opinion Ostheer/Vermaht are fine. What i like in vanilla factions in combine army. For Vermanht when you play its need be very good in position war in early game with grenn covers, mg, houses. Maybe the main problem are about there teching to t3 and t4 (but its very hard question< coz if up there teching thay have better tanks in the battle than allies, exept cromwell). If i right understanda developers ostheer must play from t2, infatry and pac combination, that are answer for allies light vehicles. PG are fine (maybe somthing need change) but this unit must be using in cover. About 2 bars its need change, 1 bar and 1 1919 for squad. About maxim spam i dont know, oz why people dont complaine about him all time ? He was always in game after when relic change soviet t3/t4 price. But thay can fix it like Miragefla do it in his mod.
13 Mar 2016, 12:52 PM

In my opinion Ostheer struggles way too much throughout the game. Others can simply spam Volks, Maxims, Rifles and so on. While Ostheer has to combine arms. Spamming Grens can also work but they are way more fragile than other infantry. Thus their gameplay is hardest.

Back in the days you used to get rewarded for staying in the game with them. Nowadays Tigers etc. are done with some salvos of Jacksons, AT etc. I haven´t seen Brummbär at all during the last months and even the Panzer IV is outclassed by Cromwells.

Last but not least they lack dependable Elite infantry. PGs are still not worth it in my opinion.

During the course of the game your army is mediocre at everything. The only glance of hope that keeps Ostheer in the game is the good support weapons - PAK, MG42.
13 Mar 2016, 13:29 PM

If there is any perfect faction out there, it's ostheer, don't fucking touch it! Rather adjust the other (broken) factions.
13 Mar 2016, 21:56 PM

I have a feeling like current Ostheer is unplayable in 2s.

I had few 2v2 after hotfix agasint very good opponents and the scenario in always the same.

Insane struggle in early game leading to heavy VP bleed, slowly recapturing territory, getting to the late game, seems like we are going to make amazing comeback, losing by VP (becasue of early game bleed).
I could get 2 Grens to 1700% efficiency, sniper with 50kills, Command Pz4 that survives 8500dmg, double vet 3 HMG but in the end, USF blob with Brits support or maxim spam is always on top of that.

You micro your ass like fuck and yet you still have hard time againt a-move blobs.

OKW is free from this but OST... Garedn me..

Next time don't sit around all game waiting for tiger. get flakpanzers or panzerwerfer and you are good.

Ost might not be "broken" as the other factions, but they are the strongest by far, only fanboys would not agree with this.

most times I play ost I don't even pick commanders since they have everything from the get go.
13 Mar 2016, 22:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2016, 17:25 PMMyself
2 riflemen no bars....

2 Bars no riflemen
13 Mar 2016, 22:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2016, 21:56 PMzerocoh

Next time don't sit around all game waiting for tiger. get flakpanzers or panzerwerfer and you are good.

Ost might not be "broken" as the other factions, but they are the strongest by far, only fanboys would not agree with this.

most times I play ost I don't even pick commanders since they have everything from the get go.

I'm sorry dude but you're just plain wrong.
13 Mar 2016, 22:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2016, 21:56 PMzerocoh

Said the guy who have played total 25 games as OST lululululul :luvDerp:
13 Mar 2016, 22:58 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

2 Bars no riflemen

Why fight when you can drink?
14 Mar 2016, 08:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2016, 22:58 PMVuther

Why fight when you can drink?

Exactly. Let the bars do the work theirselves. Pulling a trigger can't be that hard.
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

unknown 71
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment