Login

russian armor

Boycotting the game shouldn't be a taboo anymore

29 Feb 2016, 15:31 PM

Meanwhile I enjoy the improved game balance and new content and wait for the hotfix...
29 Feb 2016, 15:34 PM

much talk here, bla bla, but let me clarify! Relic has to test their patches before they release them = problem solved. Profit! :megusta:
29 Feb 2016, 15:37 PM
29 Feb 2016, 15:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 15:30 PMwuff

He is a game director not a balance designer (tho titles and their actual duties do vary from dev to dev).

I doubt being on twitter was a requirement for his job.

I just posted example of good communication skills between community and someone who can change the game. It is very clear there.

In relic I don't even know who is who. There is little to non communication. You can just post something on forum and wish that it will happen one day.

Benchmarking is good tool.

29 Feb 2016, 15:43 PM

@wuff so... much... true... :foreveralone:
29 Feb 2016, 15:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 15:40 PMNeris

I just posted example of good communication skills between community and someone who can change the game. It is very clear there.

In relic I don't even know who is who. There is little to non communication. You can just post something on forum and wish that it will happen one day.

Benchmarking is good tool.

I think the difference is, he can say those things, he is a game director.

I agree, Relics communication isn't the best, I do think Kyle has done a good job tho, I think it has improved.

29 Feb 2016, 16:05 PM

The community is so fucking childish.

You have a hissy fit over a patch, claim yore done,and never actually leave but choose to shitpost.

Blaming Brad for everything is convenient as fuck too. Marks my words, you won't be seeing him anymore, if he has any self respect he won't bother posting in the forums or being on streams because of the constant stream of shit he gets from all you nerds.

But why doesn't relic interact wah wah wah, well there's your answer.

Is he really going to get so disheartened over some random people on the internet?

It's his job too, and with all this nonsense and bugs players have been looking for someone to vent on, as he is the most public and relevant Relic figure.
29 Feb 2016, 16:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 14:12 PMNeris

That would be even more childish cuz it is his job :luvDerp:.

It's kyles job to stream, not brads.
29 Feb 2016, 16:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 15:22 PMwuff

The game worked at launch, in fact you're not entitled to much after that.

I bought this game in 2015. I'm only entitled to a working launch even though I bought it 2 years after the launch?
29 Feb 2016, 16:08 PM

i love your profile pic :foreveralone:

The best on the forums fam :sibDZ::sibDZ::sibDZ::sibDZ::sibDZ::sibDZ:
29 Feb 2016, 16:08 PM

Is he really going to get so disheartened over some random people on the internet?

It's his job too, and with all this nonsense and bugs players have been looking for someone to vent on, as he is the most public and relevant Relic figure.

Since when was his job to be community manager?

He's a balance designer. Not even the lead at that. He's just a convenient person for children to sling shit at for a bug, when fixing bugs aren't even his job description.

What does shitting on him in streams and the forum accomplish?
29 Feb 2016, 16:20 PM

Since when was his job to be community manager?

He's a balance designer. Not even the lead at that. He's just a convenient person for children to sling shit at for a bug, when fixing bugs aren't even his job description.

What does shitting on him in streams and the forum accomplish?

I'm not saying it accomplishes anything in particular, but would you not say peoples anger at Relic is justified, after Buggy patches, shitty balance changes, and lists of ignored commanders and units, along with pw2 commanders and terrible optimization, on a game you pay for.

29 Feb 2016, 16:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 16:07 PMKtheZ

I bought this game in 2015. I'm only entitled to a working launch even though I bought it 2 years after the launch?

The game works and would pass cert if PC had it, you're not entitled to a bug free game, since they don't exist.
29 Feb 2016, 16:29 PM
Donator 22

The community is so fucking childish.

You have a hissy fit over a patch, claim yore done,and never actually leave but choose to shitpost.

Blaming Brad for everything is convenient as fuck too. Marks my words, you won't be seeing him anymore, if he has any self respect he won't bother posting in the forums or being on streams because of the constant stream of shit he gets from all you nerds.

But why doesn't relic interact wah wah wah, well there's your answer.

+1
29 Feb 2016, 16:38 PM

To be honest, Relic should impove their balance development and game development in general.

You may say what ever you want, but lets be honest here, Brad is bad balance designer and he dont want to or cant work good.

Jokes aside, but there were way too many fucked ups. I mean, stop saying that game development is hard and use it as an excuse.

Look at guy who made a "competitive edition" mod. Lets imagine that Brad is single balance designer ... well aswell as dude who made competitive edition.

Aside from really good balance changes (some of them are questinable, but still most of them are 100% needed) this guy fixed veterancy like in the next day after 25th patch.

So some random dude from community, who is NOT game developer, made much better changes using MOD TOOLS, then Relic's main balance desinger? Really?

Aside from BS statement from Brad like: PTRS not sniping inf (after PTRS buff), that blobs not a problem, stacking not a problem and jokes about L2P, its fine for Relic and Brad probably, to realease a fucked up patch during ESL and go to their weekends. Is it fine ? Maybe ... every one can made a mistake. BUT Relic made it twise. Firstly during fist ESL when Vekers was fucked up, secondly now.

I mean, it wont take you a week to fix veterancy, also there is ESL tournament in progress, take your fucking time and fix your shit, not because you are good person, but because you have some respect to community.

Brad and Relic in general have ZERO respect to community. They are not responsable for anything, they are not improving theirselfs, they are working better, they not learing from mistakes.

Community may ask years for fixes, and be ingroned, while when units like broken AEC appears you will wait mouth till fix, because "Relic collecting data". For some reason they always make balance changes without asking or collecting data, creating over-performing units, but when whole community say "THIS UNIT IS FUCKING OP", they wont fix it untill Brad decided that fix is needed.

Even USF pop-cap abuse is "feature" for Brad, thats why we had CaliOP spamm since its release. How much time it took for community to see that this unit is OP? And now look how much time it took for Relic to finnaly "accept" that this unit is OP.

I mean, you may protect Brad, you may say that every one can make a mistake ... but you know, when you have a 3 years old game and mistakes happen like almost every single patch, there is no room for protecting such developers.

Not to mention that community "works for free", creating data-bases, finding bugs, testing for free and still there is ZERO respect and ZERO feedback.
29 Feb 2016, 17:09 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

You know why boycotting it is a taboo? Because it means you are going to come on the forums and whine about it and we don't want to hear it.

Guys, I'm quitting this time, for reals I mean it.
N-no, stop comparing me to aaa, this is serious!
29 Feb 2016, 17:14 PM

boycott! boycott! ill only play 2 hours a day now! boycot! boycot!

the only way something will change is when the cash flow decreases, which it doesnt because 99% are comp stompers and large game mode guys, and balance doesnt matter there
29 Feb 2016, 17:15 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Not my proudest fap
29 Feb 2016, 17:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 13:56 PMNeo

Let's get the chronology right here.

Relic breaks the game and this goes unnoticed for 4 months. They then release a hotfix that breaks it even more. And another that breaks it even more.

Then they go home for the weekend to chill out.

During the weekend some people make funny images and videos to poke fun at their lacking of testing and general incompetence.

Your assessment is that the community is at fault for this situation? If only we had been less #Toxic, they would have communicated better and fixed things properly?

Nailed it mate.
29 Feb 2016, 18:24 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

A real boycott is not buying the commanders. But people can't resist on playing with new (might or not been OP) toys.

People should do whatever they want. I'm not playing cause the game is at a broken state, so i'm just waiting.

Regarding "making fun" of Brad, well, you don't have too much people visible from Relic. If you give people any reason to take your words against you, expect them to do so.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★