Login

russian armor

Boycotting the game shouldn't be a taboo anymore

Neo
29 Feb 2016, 13:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 13:50 PMwuff
The community cries out to be heard but then posts crap like this, do you think it encourages better communication from relic, no.

Let's get the chronology right here.

Relic breaks the game and this goes unnoticed for 4 months. They then release a hotfix that breaks it even more. And another that breaks it even more.

Then they go home for the weekend to chill out.

During the weekend some people make funny images and videos to poke fun at their lacking of testing and general incompetence.

Your assessment is that the community is at fault for this situation? If only we had been less #Toxic, they would have communicated better and fixed things properly?

29 Feb 2016, 14:03 PM

For this case: I think it's acceptable to be toxic towards Relic, but not towards a particular individual of that company.

Brad was rather inappropriate in his recent stream appearances and recent forum posts, but it'd be preferable to keep all the hate and toxicity towards the company he represents.
29 Feb 2016, 14:07 PM

The community is so fucking childish.

You have a hissy fit over a patch, claim yore done,and never actually leave but choose to shitpost.

Blaming Brad for everything is convenient as fuck too. Marks my words, you won't be seeing him anymore, if he has any self respect he won't bother posting in the forums or being on streams because of the constant stream of shit he gets from all you nerds.

But why doesn't relic interact wah wah wah, well there's your answer.
29 Feb 2016, 14:12 PM

Blaming Brad for everything is convenient as fuck too. Marks my words, you won't be seeing him anymore, if he has any self respect he won't bother posting in the forums or being on streams because of the constant stream of shit he gets from all you nerds.

That would be even more childish cuz it is his job :luvDerp:.
29 Feb 2016, 14:23 PM
Patrion 15

Another day another gibberish posts from PenileBatRation. :guyokay:
29 Feb 2016, 14:25 PM
Patrion 14

You have a hissy fit over a patch, claim yore done,and never actually leave but choose to shitpost.

This, 100%. All those 'lelic this, lelic that' posts contain no humour, no solution, only the whining of some special snowflake in his mothers basement.
29 Feb 2016, 14:34 PM

I stopped for a while posting on the official forums because of some redicoulous threads, I can say this is falling into the same state now.

Being honest, the only thing im annoyed about is the fact we have waited for so long for a decent size patch, that ended up with breaking some of the main game mechanics.

Im sure they are trying to fix the issue, I can say that they dont take much of the communty suggestions into account but im starting to think who can blame them?
29 Feb 2016, 14:44 PM

Preach! Childish and entitled describe a lot of people in the community. The reality is that the game was badly broken for a single day before they hotfixed it to make it playable at least. It wasn't the end of the world. If the patch had worked nobody would have given a crap that Relic busted their ass to get it out on time as promised AND fixed the Vet bug. Likewise those same people would have been equally salty if the patch was delayed.

Yes, Relic probably needs to hire better programmers but that doesn't justify targeting Brad because he's the figurehead of balance. Frankly I don't blame him for being a bit sassy on streams when he deals with a ton of players who just shitpost because he doesn't adopt their pet balance ideas when its pretty clear that they just need to improve. Especially they they don't know anything about game design or programming. Maybe "simple" fixes aren't so simple.
29 Feb 2016, 15:03 PM

FUK THAT CAUGHT ME BY SURPRISE :sibDZ::sibDZ::sibDZ:

i love your profile pic :foreveralone:
29 Feb 2016, 15:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 13:56 PMNeo

Let's get the chronology right here.

Relic breaks the game and this goes unnoticed for 4 months. They then release a hotfix that breaks it even more. And another that breaks it even more.

Then they go home for the weekend to chill out.

During the weekend some people make funny images and videos to poke fun at their lacking of testing and general incompetence.

Your assessment is that the community is at fault for this situation? If only we had been less #Toxic, they would have communicated better and fixed things properly?

You're making assumptions now and fabricating things.

I said don't attack Relic staff because it only damages our relationship with them, Simple.

29 Feb 2016, 15:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 14:12 PMNeris

No it's not, he is a balance designer, I pretty sure he could work without reading these forums or interacting with community on most levels.
Neo
29 Feb 2016, 15:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 15:11 PMwuff

I said don't attack Relic staff because it only damages our relationship with them, Simple.

I never attacked Relic staff - no idea why you keep addressing this to me.

What damages our relationship with them is when they don't do their job of fixing this game and balancing it while simultaneously being condescending with their endless "L2P" streams and insults towards specific people in the community.
29 Feb 2016, 15:15 PM

Preach! Childish and entitled describe a lot of people in the community. The reality is that the game was badly broken for a single day before they hotfixed it to make it playable at least. It wasn't the end of the world. If the patch had worked nobody would have given a crap that Relic busted their ass to get it out on time as promised AND fixed the Vet bug. Likewise those same people would have been equally salty if the patch was delayed.

Yes, Relic probably needs to hire better programmers but that doesn't justify targeting Brad because he's the figurehead of balance. Frankly I don't blame him for being a bit sassy on streams when he deals with a ton of players who just shitpost because he doesn't adopt their pet balance ideas when its pretty clear that they just need to improve. Especially they they don't know anything about game design or programming. Maybe "simple" fixes aren't so simple.

It's entitled for me to expect a game I paid for to be playable? The game shouldn't be badly broken at all. Why is COH2 "badly broken" in so many more instances compared to other games, like Starcraft 2? This game has been out for YEARS and I kind of expect Relic to be able to deal with shit at this point...
29 Feb 2016, 15:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 15:14 PMNeo

I never attacked Relic staff - no idea why you keep addressing this to me.

What damages our relationship with them is when they don't do their job of fixing this game and balancing it while simultaneously being condescending with their endless "L2P" streams and insults towards specific people in the community.

I am not addressing it to you, I just told you why the image was correctly removed.

Fixing games is difficult, building games is difficult, yes in an ideal world the game would be bug free and nothing would break, but it ain't, so instead we see a cryfest.

29 Feb 2016, 15:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 15:13 PMwuff

No it's not, he is a balance designer, I pretty sure he could work without reading these forums or interacting with community on most levels.

https://twitter.com/dustinbrowder?lang=pl

Different companies, different marketing. You might be right on this one.
29 Feb 2016, 15:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 15:15 PMKtheZ

It's entitled for me to expect a game I paid for to be playable? The game shouldn't be badly broken at all. Why is COH2 "badly broken" in so many more instances compared to other games, like Starcraft 2? This game has been out for YEARS and I kind of expect Relic to be able to deal with shit at this point...

The game worked at launch, in fact you're not entitled to much after that.

29 Feb 2016, 15:26 PM
Donator 22

On March 6, 2015 I posted this reply in a thread full of complains and other bullshit towards Relic. Now 1 year later there are still way to many people complaining about literately everything.. We all love this game right? Then why keep posting nonsense like "we should all stop playing the game for 2 weeks to make a statement". Posts like that will decrease the already small playerbase even further :loco:

"Thread: Without a good balance, you will still play COH 2?6 Mar 2015, 13:40 PM"

The only thing this community needs is for people to stop complaining.. I have played many competitive games en have seen many communities, but the COH2 community is by far the worst I have seen.

Sometimes I get the feeling there are more people complaining then actually playing the game. And of course the games needs a patch now and then, but what competitive game does not? In the end it is your own skill that makes the game and not some bug or balance issue.

And as small as the on-line player-base already is, I don't think forums full of complains will inspire new players to join the battlefield.

Oh and please stop blaming Relic all the time.. creating a RTS with so much depth is not easy. It's not Age of Empires or Red Alert.
29 Feb 2016, 15:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 14:12 PMNeris

Actually, thats not true.

Designers job is to work out proper numbers.

If balance is bad, then designer messed up.

If bugs are there, systems go haywire, shit is broken-developer/programmer is to blame.

Then, there is also completely random, out of nowhere shit that even QAs couldn't find, because it appears to be the issue only when the patch goes life.

I know all of this too well...

#supportsfellowdesigners
29 Feb 2016, 15:29 PM

Actually it is small % of players who are sitting on the forums and complaining. Most of the community just play the game. Some of them don't even know that there is veterancy bug.
29 Feb 2016, 15:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 15:21 PMNeris

https://twitter.com/dustinbrowder?lang=pl

Different companies, different marketing. You might be right on this one.

He is a game director not a balance designer (tho titles and their actual duties do vary from dev to dev).

I doubt being on twitter was a requirement for his job.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★