Login

russian armor

Boycotting the game shouldn't be a taboo anymore

29 Feb 2016, 18:55 PM

Radical idea here, what if Relic made patches, not a lot, not very big, but they actually fixed aspects of the game and didn't create new problems. Or is that their job and their just bad at it? Or do we as a paying player base expect too much? I'd certainly like to know, as I know damn well Relic doesn't deserve any support defense from any of it's players who actually play.
29 Feb 2016, 19:11 PM
Donator 22

Invisied a few posts showing videos previously deemed disrespectful to developers. Until the admins make a final decision on this, they will remain invisible.

29 Feb 2016, 19:21 PM

Alright people ePeens back in draws, we know they're small so don't hang them out like they've won awards or something.

The reason you don't boycott the game is that the publisher can just pull the plug and blame the community. Yes it might fix something but when we're talking Sega, they have bigger franchises to fry. Boycotting the game is no incentive for people to fix something they can't aka dodgy coding, so before you go all nazi on Brad just remember he's the balance man not patching man, so it isn't his fault that quintuple schrek Volks existed.
29 Feb 2016, 19:26 PM

This explains a lot.
29 Feb 2016, 19:36 PM

It's stuff like the AEC overbuff you wonder if there was any real testing done

It's a constant back and fourth of buffs and nerfs, then bugs bug bugs. It's like a 1 step forward 2 steps back deal. And folks are getting tired of it. It's embarrassing imo.

Then we have our bug splat months, or are lagging days, where you join a game and your more afraid of a drop then a loss.

It's a great game don't get me wrong I'm sure relic are good people and all. But the amount of drama and trouble and unstable shit that goes on. Its a real blow. I only bought 1 DLC since the OKW been released for reasons above..
29 Feb 2016, 19:46 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Boycotting won't work. Then game will be just let to die, and that is not what we want. What would more work is to build up a base of where communication between community and relic is on a "let's get this game forward"-level, which would include patchtesting etc.
29 Feb 2016, 20:06 PM

The best kind of boycott would be to have a viable competitor people could run to when things break down.

But there just isn't any. If you like this game, then you're stuck with Relic, for better or worse.

29 Feb 2016, 20:25 PM

The worst thing is they don't even try and hide the P2W BS

For example the Crocodile on release, the most broken unit was only available in "premium" commanders.

Just last week Brad said on stream premium DLC Land mattress commander was made to fill the "UKF lack of indirect fire".

Well Brad, how about making the only non DLC UKF artillery options with the Sexton/25pdr's actually useful? Why does DLC commanders need to be the answer to balance problems I wonder
29 Feb 2016, 20:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 19:46 PMd0ggY
Boycotting won't work. Then game will be just let to die, and that is not what we want. What would more work is to build up a base of where communication between community and relic is on a "let's get this game forward"-level, which would include patchtesting etc.

Its irony, CoH2 has one of the BEST and forgiving community ever. For a such rather small community efford players put into game comparable to some insanly popular and AAA game with 20+k ppl playing non stop.

So many things and data bases made by community, so many art work, free casting and so-on. But still, when it comes to changing\pathing Relic not interested in the community what so ever, for some reason they think that their employees are better\smarted\have more expiriens then whole community, so that may listen to community but only in situations when Relic obliviosly made clear mistake (like AEC\PTRS\1 CP shocks and so-on).

If Relic were interested in community they would have find ppl which can provide some sort of feedback\testing and so-on covering all possible areas of game ... but they dont want.
29 Feb 2016, 21:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 20:25 PMRollo
The worst thing is they don't even try and hide the P2W BS

For example the Crocodile on release, the most broken unit was only available in "premium" commanders.

Just last week Brad said on stream premium DLC Land mattress commander was made to fill the "UKF lack of indirect fire".

Well Brad, how about making the only non DLC UKF artillery options with the Sexton/25pdr's actually useful? Why does DLC commanders need to be the answer to balance problems I wonder

Personally I thought pay 2 win was kind of a myth. Until the british were released. Ever since then anything and everything has been OP on release followed by nerf that doesn't come soon enough
29 Feb 2016, 21:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 15:22 PMwuff

The game worked at launch, in fact you're not entitled to much after that.

This is where you go wrong. I'm totally with you on not attacking individuals, and I also want people to stop attacking Relic. Constructive criticism? No problem. Crying and insulting staff or the whole company? No way.

But, we are entitled and we should be. We should demand customer support. I'm gonna repeat myself from another thread (frankly I don't expect people to read my WoT, but you should watch the video):

Unfortunately, there is no middle ground. People (sometimes me included) are either so toxic and rude, or on the other hand, they are in a blissful ignorance. There is no middle ground here (except some reasonable members of course). We had people attacking other members (Hey Napalm) because he decided to somewhat side with Relic as a so-called "liaison".

And for the record, the game had a lot of technical issues (not talking about balance) at release, which some of them got fixed. But I think 3 years is enough to fix some basic problems (Frame rate, horrible UI performance, missing textures etc).

All in all, there should be a middle ground. No disrespect towards both employees and the company, but we are paying customers. Either call it off and stop supporting the game, or give it your best when you are releasing new content.
29 Feb 2016, 21:41 PM

-grabs popcorn and watches community burn itself alive-
29 Feb 2016, 21:54 PM

Just stop playing

This.

Make your final statement, and then simply stop supporting the company.

I cannot overstate enough how important and simple this actually is.

It hurts at first, but life has far more important and better things to offer.

Whining wont help. Complaining wont help. Feedback wont help.
They dont care.

Take your dollars and your time, and take it somewhere else that it is appreciated.
29 Feb 2016, 22:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 21:40 PMRMMLz

This is where you go wrong. I'm totally with you on not attacking individuals, and I also want people to stop attacking Relic. Constructive criticism? No problem. Crying and insulting staff or the whole company? No way.

But, we are entitled and we should be. We should demand customer support. I'm gonna repeat myself from another thread (frankly I don't expect people to read my WoT, but you should watch the video):

Unfortunately, there is no middle ground. People (sometimes me included) are either so toxic and rude, or on the other hand, they are in a blissful ignorance. There is no middle ground here (except some reasonable members of course). We had people attacking other members (Hey Napalm) because he decided to somewhat side with Relic as a so-called "liaison".

And for the record, the game had a lot of technical issues (not talking about balance) at release, which some of them got fixed. But I think 3 years is enough to fix some basic problems (Frame rate, horrible UI performance, missing textures etc).

All in all, there should be a middle ground. No disrespect towards both employees and the company, but we are paying customers. Either call it off and stop supporting the game, or give it your best when you are releasing new content.

Jim Sterling :foreveralone:

I of course think Relic should continue to update and fix the game but by law I don't think we can demand anything from them. But that is a topic for another day.

Lets just hope they can fix the big bugs soon.

29 Feb 2016, 22:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 22:02 PMwuff

Jim Sterling :foreveralone:

I of course think Relic should continue to update and fix the game but by law I don't think we can demand anything from them. But that is a topic for another day.

Lets just hope they can fix the big bugs soon.

Well, yea by law we can't. My only concern is that they might (and will) lose paying customers which would have negative effects on their future sales.

So yea, lets hope they fix those big ass bugs. That's all I'm asking for really.:thumb:
29 Feb 2016, 22:45 PM

The community is so fucking childish.
You have a hissy fit over a patch, claim yore done,and never actually leave but choose to shitpost.

:clap::clap:
We Australians have a word when you wholeheartedly agree:
Fuck Oath!

Seen lot of kids on here
29 Feb 2016, 22:57 PM

The best kind of boycott would be to have a viable competitor people could run to when things break down.

But there just isn't any. If you like this game, then you're stuck with Relic, for better or worse.

Yeah just like how it is with chicks. The best way to forget a hot one is to find a way hotter one.

But would you stay with a hoe if she hadn't vagina?

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 19:21 PMSwift
Alright people ePeens back in draws, we know they're small so don't hang them out like they've won awards or something.

The reason you don't boycott the game is that the publisher can just pull the plug and blame the community.
Mine has become pretty stiff and big, thanks to that gif posted by high five. I WAS GOING STRONG WITH THE NOFAP CHALLENGE DAMN IT. Lemme know if you want to touch it:nahnah:

Thing is the community can't fix and improve the live game, Relic/Sega should invest time and money in order to achieve that, which apperantly they refuse to do so, at least not on an acceptable scale.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★