Login

russian armor

Sim City

PAGES (10)down
2 Mar 2016, 02:45 AM

OKW sim city doesnt happen in the first 5 min of the game

OKW sim city doesnt self repair all buildings with a simple click

OKW sim city doesnt have a brace ability that makes all attacks virtually pointless

OKW sim city doesnt vet up to have range that covers most of some maps (motor pits)

OKW trucks on the frontline often results in losing a truck therefore losing a tier.. no i dont think this is true for 2 of the 3 trucks, not to mention 2 of the 3 trucks do not provide offensive firepower

OKW can only build 1 of each building, not 2-3 motor pits, not 2 bofers and such.. i dont see any reason why an OKW player will build tier 3 (rep building) anywhere near the frontline

MG bunkers? lol no one complains about those...

try again son

A med HQ is pretty much plopped down at 3-5 minutes. Which means they now have a forward reinforce point that they can throw bodies with.

Brace has a long cooldown, exploit it. God forbid if it didn't have brace as one flame grenade could kill a 400 manpower investment.

Motor pits don't vet up to gain increased range. You are thinking of ISGs I think?

You will never lose a truck if you have your fighting force push outwards from it. AT guns can simply be fired upon by opposing infantry. I think I tested it once and it takes 30 seconds to a minute of firing on a truck to destroy it with an AT gun? plenty of time for one squad to de-crew it.

A forward retreat point is offensive power. The ability to keep throwing bodies is one of the best offensive tools. I feel like that's a huge reason the major for USF is tied to 120 fuel. I agree that the mech station offers no offensive capabilities whatsoever.

WHO THE HELL HAS THAT MANY BOFARS AND MORTAR PITS? HOW? WHAT? WHERE?

I never said anything about MG bunkers. I'm talking about an MG sitting right next to a med HQ reinforcing.

I feel like I'm older then you?

2 Mar 2016, 03:42 AM

A med HQ is pretty much plopped down at 3-5 minutes. Which means they now have a forward reinforce point that they can throw bodies with.

Brace has a long cooldown, exploit it. God forbid if it didn't have brace as one flame grenade could kill a 400 manpower investment.

Motor pits don't vet up to gain increased range. You are thinking of ISGs I think?

You will never lose a truck if you have your fighting force push outwards from it. AT guns can simply be fired upon by opposing infantry. I think I tested it once and it takes 30 seconds to a minute of firing on a truck to destroy it with an AT gun? plenty of time for one squad to de-crew it.

A forward retreat point is offensive power. The ability to keep throwing bodies is one of the best offensive tools. I feel like that's a huge reason the major for USF is tied to 120 fuel. I agree that the mech station offers no offensive capabilities whatsoever.

I never said anything about MG bunkers. I'm talking about an MG sitting right next to a med HQ reinforcing.

A OKW FRP does not cause squad wipes or kills, not to mention if they build it close to motor pits. Well I'm sure your smart enough to know what will happen.

Despite braces cool down ito remains a problem. Allows time for the partner to show, as well as the owner to show back up. Usually it's a USF teammate who has his on FRP near by. It last a ridicules amount of time

Your probably right

Well most people don't just use a single AT gun...............

In 2v2 it usually 2 motor pits a single bofer.

4v4 it's endless possibilities..

I made it up I guess

You probably are..
2 Mar 2016, 03:50 AM

In 2v2 it works too good. Center of map is closed with 2-3 mortar pits + bofors and big AT gun. The other guy spams commets, enges and their new arty that wipes osts like crazy. Thats the new 2v2s every game atm.

The annoying thing is some of the pathing on retreating units as well. If the bofors goes down in the centre and you flank to cap outlaying area's and the retreating units funnel into the bofors path and its squad wipe :(
2 Mar 2016, 04:35 AM

Brits are a cross between Ostheer and OKW. You're acting like Brits are the exact opposite of OKW, yet most of the points you just said can be also said about the Brits.
2 Mar 2016, 07:56 AM

OKW sim city doesnt happen in the first 5 min of the game

Neither do UKF one if you plan on having more then 3 sectors through the game.

OKW sim city doesnt self repair all buildings with a simple click

But it does, you select pios with sweepers and vet2 and shift click on damaged buildings, which are being repaired in no time :sibHyena:

OKW sim city doesnt have a brace ability that makes all attacks virtually pointless

And neither does it have any dmg modifiers making it more susceptible to anything that isn't rifle, which in result means you have no chance of bursting it down.

OKW sim city doesnt vet up to have range that covers most of some maps (motor pits)

Guess what? NEITHER DO UKF! :sibHyena:
Brits for dummies 101:
Not a single emplacement have a single offensive vet bonus.

OKW trucks on the frontline often results in losing a truck therefore losing a tier.. no i dont think this is true for 2 of the 3 trucks, not to mention 2 of the 3 trucks do not provide offensive firepower

No one is putting OKW trucks on the front line. Emplacements placed on the frontline pop to AT guns in no time as well. Both need to be carefully placed. In addition, OKW trucks don't cost you 10+ popcap.
And DUUH! Defensive structures from definition don't provide offensive firepower :romeoHype:

OKW can only build 1 of each building, not 2-3 motor pits, not 2 bofers and such.. i dont see any reason why an OKW player will build tier 3 (rep building) anywhere near the frontline

And if UKF builds more, then you are facing few structures that can't move, retreat or cap. What are you doing in the meanwhile? Sobbing in your base?

Just a few words :snfBarton:
2 Mar 2016, 09:33 AM

2 Mar 2016, 09:46 AM

:hansREKT: Katitof Reks these wehraboos so hard :hansREKT:
2 Mar 2016, 13:06 PM

Neither do UKF one if you plan on having more then 3 sectors through the game.

But it does, you select pios with sweepers and vet2 and shift click on damaged buildings, which are being repaired in no time :sibHyena:

And neither does it have any dmg modifiers making it more susceptible to anything that isn't rifle, which in result means you have no chance of bursting it down.

Guess what? NEITHER DO UKF! :sibHyena:
Brits for dummies 101:
Not a single emplacement have a single offensive vet bonus.

No one is putting OKW trucks on the front line. Emplacements placed on the frontline pop to AT guns in no time as well. Both need to be carefully placed. In addition, OKW trucks don't cost you 10+ popcap.
And DUUH! Defensive structures from definition don't provide offensive firepower :romeoHype:

And if UKF builds more, then you are facing few structures that can't move, retreat or cap. What are you doing in the meanwhile? Sobbing in your base?

Just a few words :snfBarton:

Kk sim city and UKF emplacements balanced cuz you said so. I mean you are in the video game development industry and you do play everyday and you do watch all the tourneys so your right I'm wrong. Mod needs to lock the thread now, everything katiof says is right
2 Mar 2016, 13:08 PM

Actually, Jadgtiger counters all the emplacements thanks to Panzerfuselier spotting and assault arty supporting it
2 Mar 2016, 13:11 PM

Actually, Jadgtiger counters all the emplacements thanks to Panzerfuselier spotting and assault arty supporting it

Oh my God you are so right, thanks for opening my eyes, I never thought of this counter. I guess I'll just go OKW every game now and get a JT out in the first 15 min
2 Mar 2016, 13:13 PM

Kk sim city and UKF emplacements balanced cuz you said so. I mean you are in the video game development industry and you do play everyday and you do watch all the tourneys so your right I'm wrong. Mod needs to lock the thread now, everything katiof says is right

Is sim city meta in 1v1/2v2?

No?

Is it 4v4 scrubmode clusterfuck problem?

Maybe.

Thank you, end of topic.
2 Mar 2016, 13:24 PM

I think most brit players wouldn't be unhappy with a moveable mortar instead. If they don't want to mirror SU/Ost mortar there are other possibilities. They could have make all british support weapons slow moving and with a setup time (better protected as long as they are in setup stance with some sandbags as visual effect) but standard range. This would have fitted their concept of british army: good at defence but slow to react.

Dear god yes. I love playing as Brits (have done since CoH) but I hated the faction being designed in such a way that I *need* to build static emplacements instead of having normal units. CoH2 has improved things but not by that much.

Simple solution: All British support teams can be built as normal, but have a 10% movement speed, and accuracy reduction if used normally. They all have a free "dig in" ability that requires time and gives a received accuracy penalty while being deployed, but once dug in they count as green cover and get bonuses similar to that of the infantry sections.

Then you can remove the 17-pounder from their standard loadout and make it doctrine-specific (like the Pak-43).
2 Mar 2016, 13:47 PM

Is sim city meta in 1v1/2v2?

No?

Is it 4v4 scrubmode clusterfuck problem?

Maybe.

Thank you, end of topic.

Ummm 2v2 is where it's most potent and wouldn't say meta but it's close son
2 Mar 2016, 13:49 PM

You really think so or you surrender too easy? ;)
2 Mar 2016, 13:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Mar 2016, 13:49 PMNEVEC

You really think so or you surrender too easy? ;)

No I think he is wrong in most or all of them. Yea vet 2 strums is comparable to a one click heals all simultaneously UNDER FIRE. go ahead rep while your under motor fire watch your strums go bye bye.. but of course it's a vacume situation for him
2 Mar 2016, 13:53 PM

Ummm 2v2 is where it's most potent and wouldn't say meta but it's close son

1v1 is where M-42 is most potent. Most potent and actually valid against none scrub is a difference :snfBarton:
2 Mar 2016, 13:54 PM

1v1 is where M-42 is most potent. Most potent and actually valid against none scrub is a difference :snfBarton:

I think common sense, and recent post are indicating this is a problem in 2v2 and such... Jesus
2 Mar 2016, 14:03 PM

lol people saying shit like 'UKF building 2-3 mortars + bofors + at emplacement' thats 1750+ manpower.. like wtf are you doing, you can get like 7 leiG's for the same price which will evaporate emplacements.

Maybe OKW players are stuck in the VOLKSVOLKSVOLKSVOLKSVOLKS-OKWSIMCITY-SHRECKEVERYTHING-KT-WIN mentality and need to #adapt
2 Mar 2016, 14:06 PM

This game is ruined in 2s. Axis always having to respond to allies game play (no im not being a one sided fan boy)

https://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/viewBoard/0/steamid/76561198043779336

Your playercard tells otherwise. You have almost zero games as Allies compared (even in AT games) to your number of Axis games and you seem to be on a losing streak as Axis at the moment so I sense some salt; unfortunately it's a little hard to take you seriously especially when you pretend not to be one-sided. Like I always say, it's absolutely fine to have a favourite faction (who doesn't?), but before getting frustrated, try playing the opposing faction once in a while and see how the emplacements are countered.

Emplacements are high-investment, but they are designed to give strong control in an area; once destroyed you cannot get any return unlike squads which you can retreat. You have to take emplacements out quickly before they reach sim-city critical mass; I've noticed a lot of people don't defend their initial investments so move up quickly.

As OKW: 2xLeIG will destroy any emplacement; the only real counter is standfast. Also raketens + shrecks + flame nades

As Ost: flame mortar, AT gun, pregrens, flame HT, flame pios, AP incendiary if you can get close enough, etc.
2 Mar 2016, 14:12 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Simple solution: All British support teams can be built as normal, but have a 10% movement speed, and accuracy reduction if used normally. They all have a free "dig in" ability that requires time and gives a received accuracy penalty while being deployed, but once dug in they count as green cover and get bonuses similar to that of the infantry sections.

A valiant effort, but probably wouldn't fix the reason they added Brace - making static defensive units not get invalidated by artillery.

Maybe if they just had the movement penalties without offensive penalties along with the advantage of digging in, so the support teams can hope to move from artillery and can still be effective if kept away from the enemy.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS