Login

russian armor

Sim City

PAGES (10)down
27 Feb 2016, 04:10 AM

Coh2 has become unbearable to play. with motor pit spam protected by bofers and such. it makes one player sit back with a cup of tea in one hand, and the opponent ripping out his hair and such.

brace with "invisible engineers"

You use a stuka barrage, the emplacements can simply take the damage and use the repair ability, a simple click of a button and your whole sim city is back to normal within no time. this ability last far to long. then if shit really hits the fan, dont worry you can always use brace. allowing for the rest of your army to show..

This game is ruined in 2s. Axis always having to respond to allies game play (no im not being a one sided fan boy)

There was clearly in need of a change, and instead, relic released another commander that even promotes more sim city. It simply isnt fun. Using a command vehicle with free scout and such.

The british, IMO is the end of the beginning of this game being ruined..

No this isnt a rage post, i won the last game i played against this play style, its just the effort and the amount of work to take down sim city, i creates a real frustrating feeling, you know, with infantry getting 1 shotted by 4-6 motors

27 Feb 2016, 04:22 AM

Thing is, if they are building 2-3 mortars they are SERIOUSLY lacking in map presence.

Why aren't you just capping the rest of the map and not putting your crew weapons inside the mortar range unless you have forced it to brace?
27 Feb 2016, 04:31 AM

yes, that is a very valid point and i agree with you fully. but there are maps, that the motors will cover 2 of the 3 VPs and such.
27 Feb 2016, 04:53 AM

Either you baserape Brits this patch or they will win. This is the current balance of the game.
nee
27 Feb 2016, 04:57 AM

When you say "motor emplacements" I take it you mean mortar pits?

Because if not, damn you convinced me with your numerous posts on the matter that emplacements with 4-cylinder engine blocks are a menace to infantry squads.
27 Feb 2016, 05:09 AM

Motor emplacement, hahahaha.
27 Feb 2016, 05:18 AM
Benefactor 355

Secure 1 vp, hold your fuel and get a 105mm to pound dat sim city to the ground.
27 Feb 2016, 05:21 AM

Secure 1 vp, hold your fuel and get a 105mm to pound dat sim city to the ground.

Guess OKW is just fucked. Again, either you baserape or you lose, nice balance.
27 Feb 2016, 05:22 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2016, 04:57 AMnee
When you say "motor emplacements" I take it you mean mortar pits?

Because if not, damn you convinced me with your numerous posts on the matter that emplacements with 4-cylinder engine blocks are a menace to infantry squads.

Holy shit that defensive line looks impenetrable
27 Feb 2016, 05:23 AM

Me and a friend tried to make Sim City and, while it did take a while, the enemy was able to beat our Sim City with 2 Stukas, 3 Panthers, a Tiger, and a Panzerwerfer. Constant Rocket artillery punishes repairs and whittles them down pretty quick. We had a Mix of Engies, a Sniper, 2 AT Guns, 2 Land Mattresses, Tommies, 2 Fireflys, a Centaur, 3 Bofors and 2 Mortar Pits. After some trade offs between the Panthers and Fireflys, their rocket strikes finally brought down a key Bofors and they flanked us hard with 3 Panthers and a Tiger while infantry swarmed through the Bofors hole.

It can be beat, it is annoying, but it is as difficult to bunch up and try to survive German Rocket Strikes as it is to attack Sim City.
27 Feb 2016, 05:27 AM

Me and a friend tried to make Sim City and, while it did take a while, the enemy was able to beat our Sim City with 2 Stukas, 3 Panthers, a Tiger, and a Panzerwerfer. Constant Rocket artillery punishes repairs and whittles them down pretty quick. We had a Mix of Engies, a Sniper, 2 AT Guns, 2 Land Mattresses, Tommies, 2 Fireflys, a Centaur, 3 Bofors and 2 Mortar Pits. After some trade offs between the Panthers and Fireflys, their rocket strikes finally brought down a key Bofors and they flanked us hard with 3 Panthers and a Tiger while infantry swarmed through the Bofors hole.

It can be beat, it is annoying, but it is as difficult to bunch up and try to survive German Rocket Strikes as it is to attack Sim City.

Putting 2-3 building somewhere and pressing a single button every 90 sec is not as hard as pulling of a flank with multiple tanks and infantry units.
27 Feb 2016, 05:31 AM
27 Feb 2016, 08:50 AM

I have not found emplacements to be OP. They do take time to kill, but they would be completely useless if you could kill them easily; like what you see with the 2cm flak AA emplacement.

Edit: I might however change my opinion if the new commanders prove to energize too well with emplacements.
27 Feb 2016, 08:57 AM

Right, but what i don't like is that players are forced into one play style to counter nub rubbish :o
27 Feb 2016, 09:08 AM

Lightly quoting Relic from last stream:

"Just because few loud people don't like the playstyle, doesn't mean the playstyle should not be viable and supported by us, there is plenty of strats and counters to everything".

Something like that.

So, put a bucket for tears next to your PC and keep on playing or learn to counter shit.
27 Feb 2016, 10:34 AM

Bofors and mortar pit need so much micro.
27 Feb 2016, 13:58 PM

The new commander makes it all the more enticing.They get improved emplacements for 75 munitions which literally makes them almost impossible to kill. Stukka does little to them especially if you get a brace off. So you may be thinking assault cannons or mortars like in the past, you know a hard coutner to this bullshit, NOPE. They can set their base arty to counter battery fire which automatically anal rapes your assault cannons. At least if you use their ability, I haven't check attack ground yet, but it is too frustrating to play OKW right now.
27 Feb 2016, 14:00 PM

Sounds like people oppose strong defensive play, but love strong offensive play.
27 Feb 2016, 14:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2016, 05:27 AMJoeH

Putting 2-3 building somewhere and pressing a single button every 90 sec is not as hard as pulling of a flank with multiple tanks and infantry units.

This is true. But moving a Panther/Tiger/KT/JT frontally in, firing a few shoots and drawing it out before it gets destroyed is not as hard as pulling off a flank with multiple tanks (M10/T34...) and infantry units (bazooka) to nail that german high armor/health tank. ;-)

You see what I want to say? Until the brits were released allies had to flank much more when it came to armor battles (with all risks: mines/AT-Guns/Shreks). So be generous and grant something to the Allies that is easy to use too. It is just easy, so its a difference in micro, thats right. But it is not unbeatable.
27 Feb 2016, 14:58 PM

"They get improved emplacements for 75 munitions which literally makes them almost impossible to kill."

Wow, yeah, I lost sooo many emplacements to nothing but rifle fire before it was unreal. Always wondered why they didn't bother using shrecks, tanks, ISGs, mortars, off maps, Lefh, flamethrowers on halftracks or pios etc against them.

PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS