Login

russian armor

Sim City

PAGES (10)down
2 Mar 2016, 21:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Mar 2016, 21:19 PMSlyzor
I fucking hate that commander. Just had a game in 1v1. Literally couldn't do anything. British faggot just covered 2 points with a bofors and mortar pit and there was no way to crush it. Mortars got counterartilleried and paks/mgs got mortared and bombarded with bofors. Bofors even managed to 1v1 my p4 in the front armor and Pwerfer couldn't even bring it to 50% health with 1 point blank barrage. GG Relic, GG.

How the hell did he even get a bofors up in the first place? Without the AEC, brits have 0 counters against the 222 (only doctrinal tank hunter sections). You could have just gotten 1 or 2 of those and pushed him off the field before he could get a bofors up.
2 Mar 2016, 21:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Mar 2016, 21:19 PMSlyzor
Just had a game in 1v1. Literally couldn't do anything.

Tip #1; Don't play 1v1

Tip #2; If you are a sadomasochist and decide to do it, don' play as OST.
2 Mar 2016, 22:19 PM

You forgot the Ostheer Sim City. :snfBarton:
2 Mar 2016, 22:22 PM

It's beautifullll. <444>3
3 Mar 2016, 01:44 AM

Hahaha, I Kek'd wholeheartedly.
3 Mar 2016, 11:12 AM

replay please. P4 got beat by bofors? What are you doing? attack ground so you miss on purpose for 5 minutes?

I just watched the replay and noticed that 6 pounder was helping the bofors though I didn't notice it while I was playing. Here is the replay anyways. Replay

How the hell did he even get a bofors up in the first place? Without the AEC, brits have 0 counters against the 222 (only doctrinal tank hunter sections). You could have just gotten 1 or 2 of those and pushed him off the field before he could get a bofors up.

How do I know if he has AEC or not? When I noticed bofors it was too late. Also I had sniper and mg so I was playing defensively and focuced on the left side while he got bofors in the right side on his half of the map.
3 Mar 2016, 16:13 PM

Here s my cent
-The range on the counter barrage always 1/2 map
Or
-counter barrage work only on the enemy territory adjacent to your own
Or
-you set up a large area (no cone) where the 25 pounder fire
3 Mar 2016, 16:20 PM

Here s my cent
-The range on the counter barrage always 1/2 map
Or
-counter barrage work only on the enemy territory adjacent to your own
Or
-you set up a large area (no cone) where the 25 pounder fire

Exactly I said it was either the unit or the map but most likely the map
3 Mar 2016, 21:54 PM
Patrion 15

Had to do some moderatin' up in these parts - please don't flame people.
3 Mar 2016, 23:55 PM

Without the AEC, brits have 0 counters against the 222 (only doctrinal tank hunter sections).

Um, an AT gun?

Also if they don't have an AEC then they have a bofors, which shreds the 222 to dust instantly.

As to OP - I entirely agree. In 1v1s emplacements aren't such a big deal, as their cost means there are some significant sacrifices needing to be taken, but 2v2s and above it is atrocious. I just played a 3v3 as Ostheer against 3 brit players utilizing the new commanders (2 emplacement doctrine, 1 land mattress), and while it was pretty back and forth and we ended up losing at the end, the entire game basically had no enjoyment to it.
4 Mar 2016, 07:30 AM

replay please. P4 got beat by bofors? What are you doing? attack ground so you miss on purpose for 5 minutes?

I didn't noticed 6 pounder when I was attacking a bofors. Here is the replay anyways.

I could also get 1 or 2 of those and got destroyed by sudden AEC. You'll never know when this thing can appear. I played defensively with a sniper and mg and focused on my half of the map while he put a bofors on his. When I noticed it it was already too late.
4 Mar 2016, 10:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Mar 2016, 14:03 PMpugzii
lol people saying shit like 'UKF building 2-3 mortars + bofors + at emplacement' thats 1750+ manpower.. like wtf are you doing, you can get like 7 leiG's for the same price which will evaporate emplacements.

Maybe OKW players are stuck in the VOLKSVOLKSVOLKSVOLKSVOLKS-OKWSIMCITY-SHRECKEVERYTHING-KT-WIN mentality and need to #adapt

some one havnt played 1v1 and donno situation vs ukf,then say rekt things.
just i d i o ts say okw is op.
4 Mar 2016, 12:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2016, 10:41 AMSoheil

just i d i o ts say okw is op.

Pretty much same thing can be said about sim city and proven by the last ESL. :sibPheasant:
4 Mar 2016, 12:54 PM

Beat the player before he gets X unit out on the field/ before minute Y.

Reminds me of Tiger ace or the way people hated having to win in 15 minutes as USF...
4 Mar 2016, 13:30 PM

Beat the player before he gets X unit out on the field/ before minute Y.

Reminds me of Tiger ace or the way people hated having to win in 15 minutes as USF...

You can't compare the two at all.

The tiger ace was a free super tank. Before the tiger ace could hit the field, the ostheer player had equal resources as the enemy and all the tools he needed to build an army that could face any thread. After the tiger ace hit the field his army got such a massive boost for 0 resources that he could just face-roll the enemy. The allies only stood a chance if they were already far ahead before the TA hit the field, if they were slightly ahead, even, or god forbid slightly behind, it was game over instantly.

With the brits it's completely different. Brits don't get a complete early game army if they go for bofors. Their AT options are extremely limited making them very vulnerable to light vehicle play. If you play aggressively enough the enemy won't even be able to set it up. If they do manage to somehow get a bofors up, you are not even at a disadvantage. A bofors is of no immediate danger and will not wreck your face instantly and you have plenty of time to transition into the counter: teching up to panthers. Brits have no follow up tanks that are too much for axis nondoctrinal tanks to handle; unlike USF where you had to use very vulnerable Jacksons that had to fight a 50 range, self spotting, blitzing, target-weak-point-using tiger ace IN ADDITION to facing the other tanks made by the ostheer player because, again, the tiger ace was free.

Elite troops was even banned from some tournaments because of how OP it was. British emplacement play got completely trashed last ESL, even with the emplacement buffing commander. This should probably tell you something about how the two cannot be compared.
4 Mar 2016, 13:34 PM
Donator 11

On Crossing that coounter batt reaches into the base sector or the sector next to your base which makes indirect instantly useless. Hard enough to avoid a single mortar pit on this map, but without indirect counters you lack tools to hurt a fully grown sim city.

You spent your MP already on isg or mortar? Too bad no refund here...

It suits the gamplay of people utilizing this commanders aka lazy and low apm players have oneclick counter measures enabled, while im the id1ot who really tries to outmicro this... TY Relic for making double brit encounters more frustrating and boring than they were before.

why, just why... :bananadance:
4 Mar 2016, 13:37 PM

On Crossing that coounter batt reaches into the base sector or the sector next to your base which makes indirect instantly useless. Hard enough to avoid a single mortar pit on this map, but without indirect counters you lack tools to hurt a fully grown sim city.

You spent your MP already on isg or mortar? Too bad no refund here...

It suits the gamplay of people utilizing this commanders aka lazy and low apm players have oneclick counter measures enabled, while im the id1ot who really tries to outmicro this... TY Relic for making double brit encounters more frustrating and boring than they were before.

why, just why... :bananadance:

+1
4 Mar 2016, 15:15 PM

Pretty much same thing can be said about sim city and proven by the last ESL. :sibPheasant:

You keep repeating arguments that are centered around 1v1. Sorry buddy. Most of us are talking about 2v2 and up. But I think mostly 2v2. ESL means nothing for this thread. It's been stated it's not a real balance issue for 1v1....
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS