Login

russian armor

Sim City

PAGES (10)down
29 Feb 2016, 07:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2016, 21:33 PMDoggo

Pre-AEC buff (which has now been removed, making it useless) the UKF lost significantly to OPKW.

In the five or so months since ukf release, the okw has been higher ranked than ukf for 1 month in 1v1 and 2v2.... ONE MONTH!!!
Just take a look on the right to the ladder top 10 and look at the percentage of wins that the top Brit players get vs top okw.
29 Feb 2016, 07:45 AM

I believe that the Bofors are okay but the map designs are inherently flawed in many team based games when in conjunction with this piece. And I realize that nobody takes 4 v 4 seriously but in 4 v 4's there are many maps where the British player can cap one manpower flag in front of his base and then immediately build sim city and then cover all of the VP's and just hold on for a win.

Now granted Axis can build up get arty and hopefully bomb them out but it's utterly retarded and what I believe to be a design flaw. There is no way you can explain to me that the game was designed to be played this way. So what is it? the Map or the Unit? Perfect example Lienne Forest.
29 Feb 2016, 09:57 AM

We learned nine years ago that emplacement-based factions/doctrines ruined any chance of mobile, lively, competitive gameplay.

It's just a pity "we" didn't include Relic.
29 Feb 2016, 11:43 AM

We learned nine years ago that emplacement-based factions/doctrines ruined any chance of mobile, lively, competitive gameplay.

Back in these days emplacements were even better. Yes, it would be nice if they would have learned something. I think most brit players wouldn't be unhappy with a moveable mortar instead. If they don't want to mirror SU/Ost mortar there are other possibilities. They could have make all british support weapons slow moving and with a setup time (better protected as long as they are in setup stance with some sandbags as visual effect) but standard range. This would have fitted their concept of british army: good at defence but slow to react.

The second thing they should have learned form CoH1 Brits is that moveable trucks are killing game balance, but hey we are giving it to OKW instead.:facepalm:

They should remove any form of Forward Retreat Point (OKW/USF/UKF) and only allow reinforcing/healing on the field. The FRP mechanic is even worse than emplacements because it gives such a huge advantage in infantry combat on the big 3vs3/4vs4 maps and really encourages blobbing.

Its sad that Relic doesn't dare to make a deep cut and redesign OKW/Brits.
29 Feb 2016, 12:03 PM

And blobs were unstoppable. Now neither are nearly as broken as they used to be or people claim them to be.

Just people being triggered little brats because they can't be arsed to change their play style to suit the occasion.
29 Feb 2016, 12:46 PM

People really are caught up over the brace ability....

I love playing UKF and would be happy to see brace removed in exchange for removing the bonus fire and stuka damage against them.
29 Feb 2016, 13:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 12:46 PMGrim

I love playing UKF and would be happy to see brace removed in exchange for removing the bonus fire and stuka damage against them.

Thisssss
29 Feb 2016, 15:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2016, 03:54 AMRappy

HA! This is a GREAT joke. Just go and try and see how far you get with 2 Leigs with this emplacement commander. Your naivety is sweet.

it's naivete*

I just used 2 leigs and took down a mortar pit, 3 FAs, and bofors. Kill the mortar pit first with attack ground. kill all squads repairing it. attack ground until it's destroyed. leig next to med HQ and flak HQ defending. Classic strat.
29 Feb 2016, 15:22 PM

+1

and also a pity that "we" doesn't include the community members saying "lol, just adapt, build leigs, stop being salty."

Static artillery vs artillery games are boring. Emplacements make games boring.

Yes, they can be countered. But oh my god, they're so boring. If i wanted that kind of gameplay, I'd go play angry birds.
29 Feb 2016, 15:32 PM
Honorary Member Badge

did some minor cleaning guys can we act appropriately for our age... wait i forgot we're all 5 years old now i remember :nahnah: )

(mod logic best logic :P)

also there are to many loraxes in this thread
29 Feb 2016, 15:40 PM

+10000
29 Feb 2016, 15:56 PM

+1

and also a pity that "we" doesn't include the community members saying "lol, just adapt, build leigs, stop being salty."

Static artillery vs artillery games are boring. Emplacements make games boring.

Yes, they can be countered. But oh my god, they're so boring. If i wanted that kind of gameplay, I'd go play angry birds.

lol, that's what happened when OKW came out with med HQ and flak HQ. Team games and 2 flak HQ could lockdown centralized area. Air recon was wiped out of the sky. Only art was useful at displacing them but then Axis tanks would just push through. OKW/UKF make the game more dull with static emplacements.
29 Feb 2016, 16:28 PM

There is only one problem, and it's called bofors. Mortar emplacements are ok , like at emplacement , german factions have one too. But bofors hold an area by infantry, light veichles and suppress infantry with indirect fire. Brits is a good faction anyway without bofors, it's only an easy way to def a sector and build the simcity. Brits need to def mortar like all other factions, mg, infantry and fhq. It's enough. Maybe you could give them a classic mini flak position.
29 Feb 2016, 19:31 PM

There is only one problem, and it's called bofors. Mortar emplacements are ok , like at emplacement , german factions have one too. But bofors hold an area by infantry, light veichles and suppress infantry with indirect fire. Brits is a good faction anyway without bofors, it's only an easy way to def a sector and build the simcity. Brits need to def mortar like all other factions, mg, infantry and fhq. It's enough. Maybe you could give them a classic mini flak position.

While mortar pit is an unique unit that is hard to balance because there is no similar unit on axis side, Bofors is a pretty straight mirror of Schwerer HQ. Both units lock down an area for infantry and light vehicles completely, in case of Schwerer some medium USF vehicles are affected too. So while having different stats and abilities (and you could discuss a lot about that) they fulfill the same role of area denial while both are not that easy to kill when supported correctly. Both are repeatetly used to lockdown important VPs or fuel points. Do be fair: If you want to address one you have to address both.

You can get your Bofors up earlier but this comes at a big disadvantage: While Schwerer HQ is your tech requirement for medium and heavy tanks, the bofors delays your tech to tanks. Use that to your advantage. Brits really need their tanks to fight enemy armor, inspite of having the best AT-Gun around. Their problem is that their infantry can't rely on a decent handheld AT-weapon like Shrek (Piat, cough...) or any kind of vehicle snare to slow axis armor down in front off 6pdr. You really can put pressure on a brit with Bofors by going for a fast tank tech.

So I still think, when something has to be changed, it is the mortar pit.

29 Feb 2016, 19:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 12:46 PMGrim

Agreed. Or have brace only work vs arty so can can still stop the Recon + Divebomb combo, but being forced into a brace leaves the emplacement vulnerable to direct attacks.
29 Feb 2016, 19:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 00:55 AMAladdin
How did the OKW SIM city feel like btw? when OKW would get medic, flak hq, ISG spams and went afk until getting KT (which wasn't in many games even necessary to finish the game)

Oh gosh... I rememebr once game agasint very good opponents on Outskirts. One went for... 7ISGs (with suppression at that time).

Do nothing, let schwerer cover you, let med heal you, grab a popcorn and just watch how auto laser cannons kill everything.

Still don't rememeber Donnie's whines at that time :luvDerp:
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight