Login

russian armor

Sim City

PAGES (10)down
28 Feb 2016, 13:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2016, 12:03 PMstar67
This is more cancerous in 4v4 which I usually play as okw. They go on 2 vp's, build their simcity, and are basically set for the game.

Sorry to have to say this, but this is your fault because counterbattery ability is no problem for axis on 4vs4 maps. I once played myself vs 4 brits all going heavy on emplacements. They build a megacity of mortar pits and bofors protecting their pits at the entrance points. Eventually we wrecked them.

So here is what you should do:
- Take the third VP
- Ignore one simcity completely and team up wity all your mates to attack the other one with brutal force
- use LeiGs, Mortar Ht, mortars and maybe At-Guns or tanks (depends on his setup) to force brace on emplacements (you have a lot more units so even the german mortar which usually looses versus pit will be useful)
- kill bofors first when brace wore off, then support your attack with infantry and shreks
- go for second simcity after first one is killed, it will be hard to recover for them

Btw. in late game Elephant and Jagdtiger is quite useful versus Emplacements because they do constant damage at a much longer range than other tanks. This forces your opponents to react. You should try that if you come that far and be prepared fo a counter attack of course.
28 Feb 2016, 13:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2016, 18:05 PMKhan

Such static game play shouldn't be in the game at all. It's annoying AND boring as f*ck to play against. Doesn't need micro, besides repairs.

Much fun, very tactics. ResidentSleeper

+1!

Yes, it's so boring.

Mortars can be countered, it's true. But the cost is fun. I don't want to sit with 2/3 Leigs and an MG wall to protect them while I try to hit mortar pits sat behind a tree wall. It's not fun at all.

Put a bofors jsut behind them and voila, there is now no possibility of capping round the map until the artillery battle is over. Half the joy of coh gone.

28 Feb 2016, 14:15 PM

Limit number of mortar pits to 2 at once, same about bofos. Is that enough?
28 Feb 2016, 17:58 PM

I have not tested it, but counter barrage probably only actually works when the opponent actually uses a barrage ability. At least this is the case with the Ostheer Counter Barrage ability. Therefore, ordering your LEIGs to attack ground on enemy emplacements should still work.

I'll test it sometime. In the meantime, the Motar HT still wrecks Sim City (attack ground + flame barrage). Also, most of their popcap is invested in keeping Sim City alive. Also, I haven't tried 105mm since before the commander, but it was pretty good against old Sim City due to large target size.

I made a Sim City last night. It worked great until they got a JT out, then it was garden pudding. Elefant probably would've done the same.
28 Feb 2016, 19:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2016, 03:54 AMRappy

HA! This is a GREAT joke. Just go and try and see how far you get with 2 Leigs with this emplacement commander. Your naivety is sweet.

Brits have one commander that okw doctrinal indirect fire weapons doesn't do well against.

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!!
28 Feb 2016, 19:40 PM

Brits have one commander that okw doctrinal indirect fire weapons doesn't do well against.

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!!

Yeah, how dare brits have a commander that is mostly useless and over-blown that revolves around building emplacements that can be countered.

Oh that evil brace that simply delays your death by half-minute or less.

On a serious note. Encirclement doctrine absolutely rapes sim city commander.
28 Feb 2016, 20:15 PM

On a serious note. Encirclement doctrine absolutely rapes sim city commander.

Yeah, encirclement is the most obvious example of power creep a commander off-map has ever shown.

It reminds me a lot of Magic the Gathering and the way Wizards of the Coast kept making now cards more and more powerful to make people need to buy them to stay competitive.
28 Feb 2016, 20:19 PM

ESL showed how OP this commander is Kappa.
OpieOP to be specific. :sibHyena:
28 Feb 2016, 21:30 PM

Brace needs to be COMPLETELY removed, even if that calls for a health increase or something to compisate for that.

If Brace is removed, Emplacements are going to need, Health and defense buffs to compensate, plus price decrease. Then, Infantry Sections are going to need buffs to be on par with OKW infantry, then, the Churchill nerfs are going to need to be reverted since Emplacements would suck now.

Basically, we end up with OST V2.0.
28 Feb 2016, 21:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2016, 01:33 AMRappy

You always talk about UKF having been fucked vs OKW before this Sim City doctrine. But the stats show otherwise. I think you are living in a victim fantasy mate. I'll tune my violin for you.

Pre-AEC buff (which has now been removed, making it useless) the UKF lost significantly to OPKW.
29 Feb 2016, 00:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2016, 21:33 PMDoggo

Pre-AEC buff (which has now been removed, making it useless) the UKF lost significantly to OPKW.

Most players play 2v2 and up, also, AEC was never a problem towards OKW. It was a problem towards OH...
29 Feb 2016, 00:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2016, 20:19 PMKatitof
ESL showed how OP this commander is Kappa.
OpieOP to be specific. :sibHyena:

It's isn't just the new commander, and it's mostly OP in 2v2 and up..
29 Feb 2016, 00:50 AM

Coh2 has become unbearable to play. with motor pit spam protected by bofers and such. it makes one player sit back with a cup of tea in one hand, and the opponent ripping out his hair and such.

brace with "invisible engineers"

You use a stuka barrage, the emplacements can simply take the damage and use the repair ability, a simple click of a button and your whole sim city is back to normal within no time. this ability last far to long. then if shit really hits the fan, dont worry you can always use brace. allowing for the rest of your army to show..

This game is ruined in 2s. Axis always having to respond to allies game play (no im not being a one sided fan boy)

There was clearly in need of a change, and instead, relic released another commander that even promotes more sim city. It simply isnt fun. Using a command vehicle with free scout and such.

The british, IMO is the end of the begging of this game being ruined..

No this isnt a rage post, i won the last game i played against this play style, its just the effort and the amount of work to take down sim city, i creates a real frustrating feeling, you know, with infantry getting 1 shotted by 4-6 motors

u don't even own UKF right? play at least 1 UKF in your life before writing bullshit!how many allies game u played in ur life? and have u ever tried to play that way urself? I can't even take u seriously for that reason :), and I would have read ur post if u had at least 1 UKF game. lel
29 Feb 2016, 00:55 AM

How did the OKW SIM city feel like btw? when OKW would get medic, flak hq, ISG spams and went afk until getting KT (which wasn't in many games even necessary to finish the game)
29 Feb 2016, 01:15 AM

Very funny thing Shadowadda said in one of his streams lol:

"When Brits came out a lot of axis fanbois started to rage (quit), cause they cried; ohh now there is a faction with tanks/units that we now have to actually micro our units?!!!"

much lel, but honestly l2p instead of crying, stop crying and asking for a game to have just super tanks, and invincible units to win a game with no effort.
You get rekt hard by any faction? play that faction urself and see how others wreck u hard, and u will learn a thing or two about how to play, maybe!
29 Feb 2016, 02:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 00:55 AMAladdin
How did the OKW SIM city feel like btw? when OKW would get medic, flak hq, ISG spams and went afk until getting KT (which wasn't in many games even necessary to finish the game)

playercard pls
29 Feb 2016, 02:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 00:50 AMAladdin

u don't even own UKF right? play at least 1 UKF in your life before writing bullshit!how many allies game u played in ur life? and have u ever tried to play that way urself? I can't even take u seriously for that reason :), and I would have read ur post if u had at least 1 UKF game. lel

I see what's going on here, sorry man I'm in a relationship. I don't swing that way either. .
29 Feb 2016, 03:09 AM

playercard pls

You have been crying in the forum about mortar pit as far as I remember, did you finally learn to play, instead of crying?
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS