Login

russian armor

CoH 3 theories, predictions and guesses

A_E
29 Feb 2016, 11:58 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Whatever's next will be a much more polished game, Relic have more funding a bigger team, and most importantly a publisher that isn't failing.

I'll be looking at the likely DoW3 and watching the review scores come in, to see any immediate evidence of this. Hopefully I'm right.
29 Feb 2016, 12:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 11:18 AMSwift
Unless they surprise us all with Space Marine 2 :snfPeter:

Unless they make it coop based, I'd rather they don't. :snfPeter:

However, Eternal Crusade is worth keeping an eye out(fanboys can check it now, the ones who have lots of time, check it in Q3).
29 Feb 2016, 12:49 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

You guys think CoH3 is coming? I doubt it somehow. But DoW3 could be really awesome, I personally liked DoW2 alot, just was hard for me to get into it somehow.
29 Feb 2016, 12:52 PM
Referee Badge
Benefactor 347

Dow2 was awesome! Dow3 will be godlike!
29 Feb 2016, 13:41 PM

Permanently Banned
Lol You guys dream about new game but forget who do coh2 and his trouble OpieOP.
29 Feb 2016, 13:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 11:58 AMA_E
Whatever's next will be a much more polished game, Relic have more funding a bigger team, and most importantly a publisher that isn't failing.

I'll be looking at the likely DoW3 and watching the review scores come in, to see any immediate evidence of this. Hopefully I'm right.

Tbh this is kinda naive, they have had many opportunities to listen to the community and learn from their mistakes during CoH2 already, but they haven't done a very good job.
A_E
29 Feb 2016, 13:58 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 13:47 PMTNrg

Tbh this is kinda naive, they have had many opportunities to listen to the community and learn from their mistakes during CoH2 already, but they haven't done a very good job.

I think they have the game is light years ahead of where it was at release, we now have dedicated servers (kind of), obs mode, five REASONABLY well balanced factions (comapred to coh1 and dow2), etc. etc. list goes on.

I think it's naive to say they haven't improved/ listened/ or haven't done a good job overall.

CoH2 was a bad job originally, they've had a lot of work to do to make it into what it is today. Haven't got everything right, but certainly haven't done everything wrong either!
29 Feb 2016, 14:05 PM

Let's just don't make T-34/85 doctrinal meanwhile KT, OST wind, Panther, Comet non-doc
29 Feb 2016, 14:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 12:20 PMKatitof

Unless they make it coop based, I'd rather they don't. :snfPeter:

However, Eternal Crusade is worth keeping an eye out(fanboys can check it now, the ones who have lots of time, check it in Q3).

I've been waiting for Eternal Crusade for ever. The game looks solid at the current state, despite some issues which are present, mostly technical. You can actually feel like a Space Marine. I'm sure it's gonna be a great game.

But let's talk about CoH2, the absolute mess:

I love this game, I loved CoH1 and in general I love Relic as a developer. But here's the thing. CoH2 was a mess since release. From a technical standpoint, there is absolutely no excuse for a game to have game breaking bugs and glitches after a determined period of time. We're not talking about the balance here so keep that in mind. Just look at CoH2. We have random crashes, freezes, the glorious BugSplat, the coding is a mess which affects game balance, missing textures, lack of quality assurance, etc. Isn't 3 years enough?

Before some people start saying "You know nothing about coding blah blah blah", stop with this nonsense. That's no excuse. Balance can't be achieved easily yes, but the amount of technical issues we currently have for a AAA title is just inexcusable.

But, is Relic the only party to blame? Of course not. Both the developers and the publishers are responsible. We can blame THQ (may they rest in peace) all day long but still Relic is a party to be blamed. Their policies are old fashioned (as one former employee wrote an anonymous review ans stated that their management style is old fashioned which makes production time consuming).

As for their next project, it's pretty obvious that they are working on another DoW title, which I myself like more than CoH2. I hope that they learn from their mistakes. The original DoW was a great game. DoW 2 had great content, and I think the money we've paid for DLCs here force them to make DoWIII a better game. There won't be another CoH game for a long long time. I agree with Katitof, the genre is dying.

And please, stop defending Relic and calling us entitled. If you still think that player entitlement is a thing, watch this:

And here's a potato comrades:

29 Feb 2016, 23:54 PM

I'm not sure there will be a CoH3. I want it but I have my doubts as to whether CoH2 is big enough to warrant a sequel.

Anyway, late war is played out. CoH1 and CoH2 are both set in the 44-45 period. There have been 2 British, 2 American, 4 German and 1 Russian faction across two games. In order to inject some variety into the proceedings, we have to make a drastic change in some way, either teleporting to the Pacific Theatre and completely changing the game (hardly any tank battles at all), or we have to go early war.

This is the 50th time I've made this proposal, and I assume that nobody is replying to it because it's just so good it's blowing all your minds.

• Base game, set 1940, France vs Germany in Fall Gelb. French campaign at minimum, possibly both French and German if they're feeling adventurous. French campaign ends with the French First Army counter-attacking a vastly superior force to allow British and some French units to evacuate across the English Channel.

• Expansion pack, set 1940-41, Italy vs Commonwealth in North Africa.

• Because of the time frame, we get an Axis faction that isn't "The Germans... AGAIN!". We also get 2 / 4 factions being never before used in CoH, whereas CoH2 had 4/5 factions making a second appearance.

• Since it's early war, there are TONS of unique units that were simply not appropriate for inclusion in previous CoH games due to their timeframe. Instead of the same Panthers, Tigers and Shermans, we will be seeing Covenator tanks, Char Bs, Panzer IIs and IIIs.

• The Germans will feel quite different being a mobile striking faction, lacking the late war heavy hitters. The French and English had the heaviest tanks of this era!

In terms of multiplayer, I could rant for hours about what they've learned. About how they shouldn't design factions to asymmetrically scale across game modes
1 Mar 2016, 18:14 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 10:47 AMKhan
Whatever they make, I will take no part in it :snfPeter:

U no trust :snfQuinn:? :romeoPls:
1 Mar 2016, 18:17 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

something i wish for future Relic games is being able to fight insight houses:

when entering a building, the roof becomes transparent and you can move insight there --> new tactical options

Yesh

Fuck diz "Lolsuppression" houses and dealing with all the squad members magically being at different windows.

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 11:18 AMSwift
Unless they surprise us all with Space Marine 2 :snfPeter:

No dreams, only tears
1 Mar 2016, 18:52 PM

Honestly, I'd love to see a late Cold War setting that erupted into a hot war, similar to the Wargame series. I don't think there is much more to do for the series in WW2; although I'd love to see a Japanese faction in COH2, I don't relish the thought of an entire game based on the Pacific Theater.
1 Mar 2016, 19:13 PM

The only thing they will learn is that you can get more money out of Free2Play titles.

You over estimate the F2P model. Specially with so many s*** F2P out there that made people very weary of getting sucked into such a scheme again. There aren't that many successful F2P games out there, most have just managed to alienate paying costumers with their extortion schemes.
1 Mar 2016, 19:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Mar 2016, 18:52 PMKothre
Honestly, I'd love to see a late Cold War setting that erupted into a hot war, similar to the Wargame series. I don't think there is much more to do for the series in WW2; although I'd love to see a Japanese faction in COH2, I don't relish the thought of an entire game based on the Pacific Theater.

Japan should be in CoH 2
If CoH3 will be I wish that he was:
- Operation unthinkable (Allies with the remnants of the Wehrmacht against the Soviet Union and the Eastern Bloc, which has a lot of German tanks / planes / weapons, etc.)

Tank crews 1st Bulgarian Army on captured German tanks PzKpfw IV. In 1943, Bulgaria received 46 tanks PzKpfw Ausf. H from the USSR

- The Cuban crisis, with a cool stuff: PT-76, SKS, early helicopters, etc.
1 Mar 2016, 19:52 PM

You over estimate the F2P model. Specially with so many s*** F2P out there that made people very weary of getting sucked into such a scheme again. There aren't that many successful F2P games out there, most have just managed to alienate paying costumers with their extortion schemes.

I wanted to say that I don't like the F2P model at all but Relic does what brings them the most $$$.
At least what they think what brings them money.
1 Mar 2016, 20:13 PM
Patrion 14

Why coh3, why not make coh2.5... Get the game optimized, soo low end computers can run it. Pay the bills, by making new commanders. Let the community make maps, skins and E-sports.......
1 Mar 2016, 22:52 PM

Permanently Banned
Since Relic is likely to keep the CoH franchise within the confines of the WW2 spectrum

Very unlikely.
1 Mar 2016, 23:08 PM

As I said before, the Korean War is a great entry for CoH3. You can keep some familiar units, while bringing some new mechanics. It's not so well known, so that's a barrier to new players but, as long as the gameplay gets great, the game will sell well.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★