Login

russian armor

Commandos overnerfed

25 Feb 2016, 07:16 AM

Wtf are you even on right now, and where can I get it. :sibDZ::sibDZ::sibDZ::sibDZ:
Crying L2P means you have the same IQ as a deadfish and generally suck at conversations. STFU
25 Feb 2016, 07:25 AM

Lowering the glider cost of the commandos regiment will not affect vanguard. They are separate ability. Even assuming that vanguard commandos is balanced, it doesn't address the commandos regiment's 500 mp call in cost.

fallschirmjager and jaeger's building spawn allow them to take enemy by surprise. The glider landing is obvious and slow.

the fallschirmajger call is 440 mp and squad cost is 304. This mean the house spawn cost 136.
jaeger call in is 290 and squad cost is 300. Their house spawn cost 10 mp.

Correct indeed.
25 Feb 2016, 07:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2016, 03:45 AMMittens
Price for the glider should come down I imagine, fix the bugs on commandos and see where we are at. The MP price to go commando doc is stupidly high and should be brought down or swapped with the vanguard call in.

I would rather a small change be seen to make them a more viable in a faction that already has a very limited MP float. Reduce the price of the call in by 50-75mp as I think the change to 50mp would be to little and see if that works.

The biggest problem of the overall preformance is indeed the insane MP costs for the british faction, which is for sure the most mp consuming faction. The glider can be shot down (had it serveral times with my AAHT as OKW) so cost reduction to 75 mp for the call in seems justifyable.
25 Feb 2016, 07:37 AM

The glider insertion is slow but can be done almost everywhere. If placed inside friendly territory it will act as an reinforce point.

the normal glider can't be repaired and can be damaged by small arms fire. On most maps, the glider is going to lose half of its hp from the landing alone.

the glider also need to be in friendly territory in order to reinforce. Its reinforcement capability is really over hyped.
25 Feb 2016, 07:38 AM

Crying L2P means you have the same IQ as a deadfish and generally suck at conversations. STFU

L2P as everything you say is rubbish and you don't have a playercard to make anything you say even slightly credible. :luvDerp:
25 Feb 2016, 07:38 AM
Patrion 15

Another day another random thoughts from PenileBatRation:hansGASM:
25 Feb 2016, 08:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2016, 23:34 PMTNrg
What kind of crack are you smoking? They have insane DPS at close range

They have pretty much shocks DPS.

Their base stats are ok I guess, its the scaling that is dreadfully bad :foreveralone:

Inb4 people jump with "but retreat bonus" irrelevant, by the time they get to it, they'll be running away from luchs and meds, who don't give a garden about it.
25 Feb 2016, 08:03 AM

L2P as everything you say is rubbish and you don't have a playercard to make anything you say even slightly credible. :luvDerp:
Still more credible than your angry shitposting.
25 Feb 2016, 08:40 AM

Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2016, 23:34 PMTNrg
What kind of crack are you smoking? They have insane DPS at close range

I love to have some of that too.
25 Feb 2016, 09:01 AM
Donator 22

Will the new 'Infiltration Commandos' be the most expensive AI unit in the game?
550 for a four man squad of commandos who can't place demos isn't very appealing.

wow really 550MP? I've red somewhere else around 440MP. But 550 is a lot. Imagine a mine infront of a house. byeybe 550 MP.... and brits are not that manpower rich :P

Are both new commander available after the patch? Or tomorrow?
25 Feb 2016, 09:12 AM

Being the most expensive AI unit in game and an iconic, classic unit which defines the whole brit faction(Along with emplacements).

K.

I think they are a total waste of resources and basically the stylish looking version of SU combat engineers who can't repair; demos being their only use.

You can think wahtever you want.

They are totally outclassed by falls, and to an extent deterred by vet PGrens and sniped by LMGrens.

BS.

Either a cost reduction, ROF-nerf revert or new utilities is needed and I am counting on you b. 500-890(Vanguard) MP is too much for these guys.

890? God math skills. Following this logic kt cost all 3 okw tiers plus regular cost, which is too much, so it should be free. Its also iconic big fat kat, so buff on top of that would be nice.

25 Feb 2016, 10:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2016, 09:12 AMJadame!

890? God math skills. Following this logic kt cost all 3 okw tiers plus regular cost, which is too much, so it should be free. Its also iconic big fat kat, so buff on top of that would be nice.
540+350

Inject some quality into your shitposts.
25 Feb 2016, 11:12 AM
Patrion 26

Are both new commander available after the patch? Or tomorrow?

They are being released along with the patch, so most likely next week.
I just doubled checked the price of the call-in commandos, and you're right, it's 440 not 550. Phew.
25 Feb 2016, 11:40 AM

under what category/directory are you finding this??

I sure cant find it

I don't know where to find it. However I #believe in Cruzz:

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Oct 2015, 19:38 PMCruzz

Commandos and Airlanding officer currently have an additional *0.25 modifier to received accuracy on retreat at vet3. Seems over the top to say the least.

It's not just the smoke. From my own personal experience, it is very difficult to damage retreating Vet3 commandos with small arms fire. (just make sure you don't retreat past tanks/flak cannons though -- don't say I didn't warn you)

This means you can go for some very cocky ambushes with said units once they vet up. This perfectly complements their role as a hit-and-run unit as opposed to rush-and-stomp units.

Passive healing also allows you to skimp down on Tommies (given that Brits have no other healing option available).
25 Feb 2016, 12:15 PM

540+350

Inject some quality into your shitposts.

Jesus Conrad! Tie your fucking laces!

Read what Jadame wrote. You can't add the tech structure cost to the units cost.

That's like saying bunkers cost 350 because 200 + 150. Go to bed.
25 Feb 2016, 12:26 PM

Nothing's stopping you from putting Brens on Commando squads.

Brens on Commandos is a very very very bad investment to make:
- In theory it sounds cool, since commando Brens deal +40%-ish more DPS and can also fire on the move
- In practice, firing on the move is not that accurate at all
- Also, Brens have a long aiming time, which makes them completely inapproprate for an Ambush unit
- Their aiming time and DPS profile also significantly harms your squad's short-range DPS
- Commandos are squishy, cost 35 MP to reinforce and also take a LOT of time to reinforce too

Save your Brens for the Airlanding officer and your Sappers instead.
25 Feb 2016, 12:44 PM

Jesus Conrad! Tie your fucking laces!

Read what Jadame wrote. You can't add the tech structure cost to the units cost.

That's like saying bunkers cost 350 because 200 + 150. Go to bed.
Decorate your shitposts with cuter words.

A callin inf shouldn't require teching ma sweet boy ,you are excluding the the almost-useless glider cost!.

Comparing KT with a callin inf is insane.
25 Feb 2016, 12:51 PM

Well to be honest, I dont think why ppl are arguing here. 500 MP for vannila commandos is a bit over the top.

Commandos are still really frague after all, focus fire will kill them pretty fast.

I mean, paying additional 150 MP (because commandos cost 350 MP) is quite stupid.

For excample 440 MP for infiltration commandos is arguable fine, since you wont pick this new commander for commandos, they are like a small bonus.

But vannila commandos comm is mainly focused on Air Supperiory and Commandos, both this abilities were nerfed (not saying its bad, both were overperforming). But the point is that in Vanguard commander you get

1) Unlimited commandos + free retreat point + officer with insane buff + ability to reinforce + medics and only for 540 MP

So bassically you pay 90 MP for Officer in vanguard commander (because Forward assembly + retreat point cost you 450).

2) Crock (!)
3) Nice arty
4) Crew repair

While if you pick Commando regiment you will get shit on the stick. The only good abilities - mortar cover and air supperiority that it.

25 Feb 2016, 13:47 PM

Each units performance is balanced around its Cost, not what ones payes to get it. Thus:

Commandos cost is 350
fallschirmjager cost is 380
Stormtroppers cost is 270

Commandos actually perform quite well for their cost given that they come with camo, one of the strongest grenades, can be equipped with 2 of best LMGs or 2 Piats, demolition charges and are one of most cost efficient ambush units...
25 Feb 2016, 14:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2016, 13:47 PMMyself
Each units performance is balanced around its Cost, not what ones payes to get it. Thus:

Commandos cost is 350
fallschirmjager cost is 380
Stormtroppers cost is 270

Commandos actually perform quite well for their cost given that they come with camo, one of the strongest grenades, can be equipped with 2 of best LMGs or 2 Piats, demolition charges and are one of most cost efficient ambush units...

New 222, M3 vs WC41, USF M1919 vs LMG34 vs other LMGs, Piat vs PTRS, penals vs rifles, ISG vs 120mm, shocks, paras with thompsons and rangers with thomsons and possibly quite a few others beg to differ.

Also, infiltration commandos(new 4 man squad) should be hands down strongest infantry unit in game without any 1v1 competition.

Yes, I've put there units that don't have premium costs for building/call-in, but these are good examples of balance vs cost being far off, rangers vs paras being one of most obvious examples.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★