about soviet t1

what do you think of t1?
Option Distribution Votes
15%
85%
Total votes: 96
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
21 Feb 2016, 23:11 PM

In my opinion soviet t1 is underused because of lack of some at. If you agree with me at this point i can say penals are key to fix this tier.

My suggestion on penals:
+280 mp cost
+2 bundle upgrade (can choose only one)
-90 muni combat upgrade > gets flame thrower, able to throw big nade (forgot the name), able to horrah at vet1
-60 muni AT upgrade > gets 2 of ptrs.

If you think too t1 should be reworked what would change?
22 Feb 2016, 01:21 AM

22 Feb 2016, 01:31 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I wish there was an it needs help but not what you suggested option.

I think not having AT options from tier one is fine, you can forgo some early AT for much stronger AI. The problem is that penals just suck, I would change them to be like a stock elite infantry. Up the price, up the everything. Keep them AI only. By going for the stronger early game start you can be vulnerable to vehicles, which you can get around by calling in guards, following up with t2 for AT guns, or quick teching to t3. This would open up a bunch of the commanders that don't have call in infantry for better use.

It's fine to have a tier like this have no AT options if it was actually useful to go for in 1v1s.
22 Feb 2016, 01:31 AM

Could combine the AT grenade unlock to both penals and conscripts so the AT option is there and reduce the fuel cost of the building slightly to promote T1 and T2 tech.
22 Feb 2016, 01:33 AM

What do I think of Soviet T1? I think it's useless atm :megusta:
22 Feb 2016, 01:34 AM

Pretty bad ideas, would be a nerf to penals. Flamethrower cost raised to 90 muni? No thanks. And PTRSs suck a lot, that upgrade wouldn't be worth it.
22 Feb 2016, 04:22 AM

Agree with Tobis, scaling up Penals to be a stock elite infantry would definitely help out a lot of Soviet doctrines
22 Feb 2016, 04:39 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Penals: they must up a bit their damage (reduce amount of SVT but make them worth). They could get guards mosin by default and let them upgrade into SVT with flamer or DPs.
Give them an interesting vet1 ability instead of tripwire.

Sniper: increase sniper model health to 82hp. Reduce sniper model sight to infantry levels and leave spotter sight as it's now.
Let the sniper cloak after leaving cover for a 1s-1.5s and tight up the formation.
Reduce flare cost (IIRC from 60 to 45) and/or make it also reveal cloaked units.

M3: 222 GGWP no re.
22 Feb 2016, 05:30 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Penals: they must up a bit their damage (reduce amount of SVT but make them worth). They could get guards mosin by default and let them upgrade into SVT with flamer or DPs.
Give them an interesting vet1 ability instead of tripwire.

M3: 222 GGWP no re.

What, ya not plugging Zeal vet 1? :p

M3 could just get vet changes to make it not fall off a cliff the moment basically nearly every other light vehicle hits the field. Give it a lot more accuracy, make the frontal gun not do half the DPS of the back one and maybe +5 range from vet, now it's an handy and cheap infantry bleeder. Put CEs inside and you can respond to backcappers easily.
22 Feb 2016, 05:36 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Sniper: increase sniper model health to 82hp. Reduce sniper model sight to infantry levels and leave spotter sight as it's now.
Let the sniper cloak after leaving cover for a 1s-1.5s and tight up the formation.
Reduce flare cost (IIRC from 60 to 45) and/or make it also reveal cloaked units.

Pls no.

They are already pretty strong, just in a crappy tier building. Giving them 82 health like the one man squads will make them ridiculous. They already cannot be counter sniped effectively, their primary counter is indirect.
22 Feb 2016, 05:41 AM

I always thought that soviet snipers should have full health, but only have the sight range of snipers when 2 man, and normal infantry sight with 1.

If a german sniper gets the snipe, the 2nd sniper is in a much poorer position to countersnipe. Plus there's the whole incendiary shot thing.
22 Feb 2016, 06:08 AM

I always thought that soviet snipers should have full health, but only have the sight range of snipers when 2 man, and normal infantry sight with 1.

If a german sniper gets the snipe, the 2nd sniper is in a much poorer position to countersnipe. Plus there's the whole incendiary shot thing.

I agree, make each model preform a role- if the sniper is sniped you have only a spotter- great for recon but that sneaky German is safe from an insta return snipe, and if the spotter bites it then sniper boy cant see fritz to pop him back!. Id also like a better vet ability... Like maybe making the sniper cover from the campaign
22 Feb 2016, 07:51 AM

The Soviet sniper is fine. It's the Ostheer sniper that does too well.

I would actually like to see all snipers be 2 man squads with low health. That way you actually get some MP drain if you get flanked instead of getting away with 2hp and 0mp loss.
22 Feb 2016, 07:54 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

In my opinion soviet t1 is underused because of lack of some at. If you agree with me at this point i can say penals are key to fix this tier.

My suggestion on penals:
+280 mp cost
+2 bundle upgrade (can choose only one)
-90 muni combat upgrade > gets flame thrower, able to throw big nade (forgot the name), able to horrah at vet1
-60 muni AT upgrade > gets 2 of ptrs.

If you think too t1 should be reworked what would change?

Remove T1. M3 to Hq, Sniper to the T2, Penals as stock elite infantry to T4.

If you go M3, you delay your support (no fuel to building)
If you go to T2 - you need to choose, which support you will get (Sniper and AT gun are expensive, maxim maybe will be nerf and price increased)
In late game you can build penals instead of conscripts.

22 Feb 2016, 07:57 AM

M3 and Sniper are probably fine.

The only thing T1 needs is rec.acc bonus for Penals.
22 Feb 2016, 07:58 AM

Soviets have any T1?
22 Feb 2016, 08:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2016, 01:31 AMTobis
I wish there was an it needs help but not what you suggested option.

"it needs help" doesnt prefer to my suggestion, thats why i asked "what would change?" :)
22 Feb 2016, 08:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2016, 07:58 AMKatitof
Soviets have any T1?

Yes,
Start the game (know you dont like to), open a custom game, pick soviets, a map and after loading screen go for building and pick the first building on the left with your combat Engineers.
22 Feb 2016, 09:38 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

It will be interesting to see if penals are viable once offensive vet works again. They really suffer from this bug receiving +30% acc -20% CD at vet 2 and +30% acc at vet 3

+ Satchels actually damaging buildings again will be cool
22 Feb 2016, 09:48 AM

If AT is your issue, Tier 2 is only 20 fuel. If you go T1 without guards make a T2.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 44
United Kingdom 179
unknown 6
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %