Login

russian armor

ESL cup statistics

20 Feb 2016, 04:59 AM

I love stats, nomnomnom. Are you going to keep updating, or start fresh after the Feb patch?

It is probably best to start fresh and see if the AEC and 222 changes affect those factions win rates at all with a fresh set so you can compare patch to patch.
20 Feb 2016, 05:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2016, 04:54 AMashxu

Even in automatch they are by far the least played in the top 150 according to coh2charts.

don't know how much more evidence you need

Well, considering there are 3 allied factions, and 2 Axis, one would have to be disproportionately less played, even then it's still popular, all of them are for the most part, just because it is least played doesn't mean it's unpopular.
20 Feb 2016, 06:05 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Overall 5% is not bad.

I think it's more interesting to discuss the maps and commander picks rather than Allies OP Axis UP.
20 Feb 2016, 06:12 AM

Overall 5% is not bad.

I think it's more interesting to discuss the maps and commander picks rather than Allies OP Axis UP.

Yeah, the game is pretty balanced besides some whack match ups. (and possibly UKF but that's another discussion)

It's also worth noting that each faction has at least one base commander in the top 3 most used. With 3/5 factions having a base commander as the most popular one.
20 Feb 2016, 07:36 AM

It is probably best to start fresh and see if the AEC and 222 changes affect those factions win rates at all with a fresh set so you can compare patch to patch.
Don't forget actually functioning vet:foreveralone:
20 Feb 2016, 08:08 AM

This could be added to the news? or highlight.

Good work.
20 Feb 2016, 08:28 AM

(x8 is soooo slow)

I dont know if you know about this but you can use http://cohdb.com/ to extract data from replays. :thumbsup:
20 Feb 2016, 12:19 PM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2016, 02:37 AMaaa
Dont forget that early stages of this are basicaly the same level as automatch

Well, that's why I only used quarter finals and up. Sure, even there there will be a skill gap in certain games, but this would actually cover up imbalances, not necessarily produce them.

Consider a simple but extreme example:

Faction Switzerland is totally OP against faction Costa Rica. With equally skill players, Switzerland will win always. However, a significantly better player will still win with Costa Rica.

Now, if all players would have the same skill level, Switzerland would have a 100% win ratio. However, if one player is much better, he will win both games, so win ratio is 50/50. If we have multiple games where both cases happen, win ratio for Switzerland will still be higher than 50 % but not 100%...

I actually considered doing a seperate statistic omitting all games where one player one both of his games, but the number of samples will go down significantly in that case.

Anyways, I'm on a skill level where perceived or real imbalances probably have little effect on if I loose, so:

+1

I dont know if you know about this but you can use http://cohdb.com/ to extract data from replays. :thumbsup:

Right... Yeah, remember seeing it, but totally forgot when starting to put this together. I'll check it out, thanks!

I love stats, nomnomnom. Are you going to keep updating, or start fresh after the Feb patch?

I might add the rest of the missing quarter finals and the cups tomorrow, if I find time to do so... However, after the patch I'd probably start over. Again, if time permits :unsure:...

20 Feb 2016, 12:48 PM

As we can clearly see, ostheer is on life support, no chance with winning with that faction, nope :snfPeter:

USF needs some serious nerfs :snfPeter:
23 Feb 2016, 10:45 AM
Senior Editor Badge

Updated now including all quarter final games and cups #8 for a total of 200 games (124 previously).

Thanks again Obersoldat! Although at times it was tricky to find out who won (e.g. VPs at the end are not shown; I guess they are not part of the replay but generated on the fly when running it...), this turned out to be extremely helpful.
23 Feb 2016, 10:51 AM

Updated now including all quarter final games and cups #8 for a total of 200 games (124 previously).

Thanks again Obersoldat! Although at times it was tricky to find out who won (e.g. VPs at the end are not shown; I guess they are not part of the replay but generated on the fly when running it...), this turned out to be extremely helpful.

Glad I could help. Keep up the good work. :)
23 Feb 2016, 11:54 AM

Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2016, 02:47 AMA_E
Incredible thank you will give you a shout out on Sunday.

GUYS! A SHOUT OUT ON THE ESL STREAM!
That's why he did this. This is why we live. To get a shout out!

e: Don't take it personal.
23 Feb 2016, 12:42 PM

Good work, always awesome to see someone put so much work into something for the community.
Stats represents the ingame state pretty accurate btw
A_E
23 Feb 2016, 15:53 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

I don't but I did try to talk through these stats with 1100 viewers live at the time, getting a shout out is pretty nice if you've done something cool for the community.

But nice joke, here have this:

23 Feb 2016, 16:14 PM

This is awesome, thanks for taking the time to do this.

Brits have a 90% win rate on langreskaya :faint:
23 Feb 2016, 16:34 PM

Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2016, 15:53 PMA_E

I don't but I did try to talk through these stats with 1100 viewers live at the time, getting a shout out is pretty nice if you've done something cool for the community.

But nice joke, here have this:

:D:D You really doing this?

Again

Wow? A SHOUT OUT? In front of 1100 viewers on the interwebz? WOW!
THIS MUST BE HEAVEN! ALERT THE WAUW-POLICE! THIS IS MENTAL!

23 Feb 2016, 16:52 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2016, 16:14 PMGdot

> build mortar in own base
> still reach 50% of map
> ty based rilec
23 Feb 2016, 17:20 PM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2016, 16:14 PMGdot

Well, there are not that many samples for UKF/USF per map, but assuming these numbers are at least somewhat accurate:

• Why is USF doing comparably poor on Faymonville?
  • Crossing and Langreskaya are often assumed to be similar in that they are fairly open, so, why do UKF win a lot on Langreskaya while not so much on Crossing? Is Crossing that much larger?

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2016, 15:53 PMA_E

Well, I thought it was nice, thanks A_E :)

23 Feb 2016, 17:30 PM

Permanently Banned
Thanks for this, grate wrok.
23 Feb 2016, 17:46 PM

Lol, dat Doctrine variety for USF OKW and Brits.

Really shows how some commanders could use a little sprucing up here and there. *Cough Cough* Recon, Royal Arty, Almost all of OKW
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 97
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment