Login

russian armor

Gamebreaking veterancy bug

PAGES (8)down
20 Feb 2016, 17:23 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Explains all the lost games..
20 Feb 2016, 17:45 PM

well so usf is the most affected by this and still they have highest winrates.....so when relic fixes it usf infy is going to melt everything i assume..???:foreveralone::foreveralone:
20 Feb 2016, 18:43 PM

well so usf is the most affected by this and still they have highest winrates.....so when relic fixes it usf infy is going to melt everything i assume..???:foreveralone::foreveralone:

OKW and USF will blob harder than ever before especially in 3vs3 and 4vs4.
20 Feb 2016, 19:07 PM

Steps to Relic fixing this.

1. Thanking whoever discovered this before their Developers, error testers, and Coh 2 team.

2. Setting this aside so they can work on more popular games and create more Coh 2 DLC, maybe make a small patch so the forums don't go ape shit.

3. Getting around to it by making a small statement on some stream and saying "It's definitely on our to-do list and we're in the stages of fixing this".

4. See step 2.

5. Create closed alpha for players so you can save money and time and actually having paid staff work on this, after all this time.

6. Announce on stream you plan to implement this in a couple months.

7. Everybody loses interest, now 4 years after game has been released, Relic has disappointed their playerbase countless of times.

8. Relic "forgets" it all together and continues with coh 3. I hope.
20 Feb 2016, 19:56 PM

USF benefits from this issue since their units rely heavily on upgrades and vet3 rifles are still durable. Ostheer gets problems against USF as Grenadiers aren't able to deal much damage to Rifles anymore. However, Ostheer can often rely on MG42 as an effective support weapon. OKW doesn't rely that much on accuracy vet and starts with a good amount of accuracy. Obers benefit from this bug thanks to their low received accuracy.

But, the great losers of this bug are the Brits (because everything is affected) and the soviets who start with guns having low accuracy and require vet to deal more damage in the lategame.
20 Feb 2016, 21:00 PM
Patrion 14

Stuff like this should be hotfixed... But lets wait another two months for a change :D
21 Feb 2016, 00:50 AM

Cuddletronic did say that adding changes to the 25th patch is over except for the veterancy bug. I wouldn't treat it as a promise, but there's hope.
21 Feb 2016, 00:53 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Oooooorrrrrrr they actually benefit the most from it because squads are still getting defensive bonuses just fine.
21 Feb 2016, 01:11 AM

Looks like literaly MVGame.
21 Feb 2016, 21:12 PM

ahahahah my whole coh2 has been a lie, glhf see you l8r
21 Feb 2016, 21:43 PM
Donator 11

The drop that makes the vase overflow. :loco:
22 Feb 2016, 13:15 PM

I just realised that the OP did not include the preamble to Cruzz's bug report, which describes some abilities that apply per-entity (and thus, are similarly bugged):

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2016, 19:09 PMCruzz

Heh. Yeah, you're right. The good news is that there aren't that many effects being applied in a similar fashion, but they do exist. To name the ones that I can think of:

Anvil Heavy Sapper +1 armor && construction rate (repair speed increase will stay)
STG Obersoldaten +25 camo detection radius

(In addition to Pyrotechnics supplies)
22 Feb 2016, 13:41 PM

Maybe this is why pennals are so bad, one of the units with really good accuracy on vet but they dont get the buff
22 Feb 2016, 14:31 PM

The best we can hope for is that Relic find a stable fix ASAP and can deploy it in a hotfix patch.

However finding a such a fix and testing it can take sometime.
Phy
22 Feb 2016, 14:49 PM

What a shame, seriously. This level of mediocrity is pathetic.

Big thanks to cruzz for his work. I wonder how many other things wrong are there and we don't even know about it...
25 Feb 2016, 12:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2016, 06:55 AMRappy

I'm embarrassed for you. If you read that thread, it is actually Smith who discovered the first traces of the bug when posting a video. Then Cruzz picked up on it and investigated it further to uncover the full extent of it. Not that it really matters who found it, but credit is for both of them, you scrub.

No; it was Cruzz that actually first discovered it. By the time I asked my question, Cruzz was already busy cracking the case.

If we didn't have Cruzz:
1. It would probably take me at least another week to locate that something's fishy with accuracy/etc
2. Nobody would have ever noticed the other bugs that Cruzz discovered, such as:
- Britsh defensive veterancy not working AT ALL
- Anvil upgrade not working at all
- etc, etc
25 Feb 2016, 15:50 PM

:facepalm:
they are one of the most benefitting units of this bug
:facepalm:
25 Feb 2016, 16:05 PM

No; it was Cruzz that actually first discovered it. By the time I asked my question, Cruzz was already busy cracking the case.

If we didn't have Cruzz:
1. It would probably take me at least another week to locate that something's fishy with accuracy/etc
2. Nobody would have ever noticed the other bugs that Cruzz discovered, such as:
- Britsh defensive veterancy not working AT ALL
- Anvil upgrade not working at all
- etc, etc

Wait does the British defensive vet and anvil upgrade not work at all right now? Or have these bugs been fixed previously?
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS