Login

russian armor

Gamebreaking veterancy bug

PAGES (8)down
19 Feb 2016, 06:57 AM
Senior Editor Badge

So, let me get this straight:

Say there's a vet 2 rifle squad with 5 guys. Just shot a Jerry sniper and now is vet 3.
Assuming that all 5 models were reinforced while the squad was vet 2, do all men get vet 1/2/3 bonuses, or do they only get vet 3 bonuses after reaching vet 3?

According to Cruzz, this veterancy issue does not apply to received accuracy except for the listed squads?

When this is changed, this will make the mid/late game more lethal, in general?

I remember a similar issue occurred a year, maybe a year and a half ago where veterancy wasn't applied. Am I correct in that?
19 Feb 2016, 07:19 AM

This is great... literally a new release when this gets fixed.
19 Feb 2016, 08:35 AM
Patrion 14

So, let me get this straight:

Say there's a vet 2 rifle squad with 5 guys. Just shot a Jerry sniper and now is vet 3.
Assuming that all 5 models were reinforced while the squad was vet 2, do all men get vet 1/2/3 bonuses, or do they only get vet 3 bonuses after reaching vet 3?

According to Cruzz, this veterancy issue does not apply to received accuracy except for the listed squads?

When this is changed, this will make the mid/late game more lethal, in general?

I remember a similar issue occurred a year, maybe a year and a half ago where veterancy wasn't applied. Am I correct in that?

If I understood Cruzzi right, only the models in your squad will get vet 2 and 3 (offensive bonuses) if they lived through those. So the guy that joined the squad at vet 2 and then the squad reaches vet 3, will only have the vet 3 bonuses.

Yes, for all other squads the received accuracy bonus is transfered to new models as well. Only USF officiers will be the same at vet 0 as they are at vet 3 apparently :D
19 Feb 2016, 08:58 AM

Mr.Smith should take credit for finding the bug...
19 Feb 2016, 09:13 AM

Received accuracy works fine. Except for Lieutenant, Captain, Major, Tommies (both variants), and Sappers (both variants). Sight is another thing that's applied properly...except for units that have it applied to entity like airborne pathfinders (recon pathfinders on the other hand have it applied to squad and thus keep it).

Ability changes and stuff that always targets squad (reinforcement cost etc) are never affected.

Tommy vet bonuses thus read like this after they've taken a bunch of losses: gain +10 sight in cover at vet1. Start dropping your slot items more at vet3. Give +20% more experience when damaged per level.

Haven't seen anything to indicate vet bonuses would be applied retroactively at each level so probably safe to say you only gain the bonuses of the vet level you gain (ie. vet3 bonuses at vet3) and none of the previous ones will be reapplied.

So the squad would have the 0.77 received accuracy of vet2, and all the vet3 bonuses. A lieutenant in the same situation would only have vet3 bonuses because his received accuracy bonus at vet2 is being applied "wrong" and thus goes poof same as the weapon stuff.
19 Feb 2016, 09:39 AM

working as intended guys :romeoHairDay:

:hansGG:
19 Feb 2016, 09:43 AM

WAIT WAIT WAIT. Maybe this is a good thing? This allows for new fresh recruits to slowly make there way into late game where they don't get outgunned, they just can't outlast the vet squads with their defensive bonuses.

Just that, when a Vet3 squad down to 1 man is reinforced, the new recruits will never really 'vet up' at all.
Cruzz can you confirm?

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2016, 09:13 AMCruzz

19 Feb 2016, 10:03 AM

Having a broken core mechanic is a must-fix!

I hope a solution is found and deployed quickly.

19 Feb 2016, 10:11 AM

This needs to be fixed ASAP,i think a HOTFIX is required
19 Feb 2016, 11:02 AM

Are you kidding me?

This is hillariously bad! #esport #esl
19 Feb 2016, 11:06 AM

Banned
I don't even

Haha dude your avatar :D
19 Feb 2016, 11:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2016, 23:42 PMNeo

Zomg, hotfix?

Rushing a hotfix is the last thing Relic should do since that what caused this bug in the first place, people abusing stacking bugs.
19 Feb 2016, 11:50 AM
Patrion 28

this actually doesn't "need" a hotfix since it effects everyone mostly equally. it makes particular units more or less attractive but it doesn't explicitly favour one faction over another.

of course, it's still a core part of the game missing.
19 Feb 2016, 12:04 PM

this actually doesn't "need" a hotfix since it effects everyone mostly equally. it makes particular units more or less attractive but it doesn't explicitly favour one faction over another.

of course, it's still a core part of the game missing.

Actually it puts brits at a disadvantage because tommies and sappers get individual received accuracy bonus with vet if I understand the op right. Commandos only have offensive modifiers. So brits have not a single infantry squad that scales with vet (maybe the officer which comes with the glider?).
19 Feb 2016, 12:15 PM

So I want to make the best out of the actual situation. If have some questions if I get this right:

1) Offensive bonus are bound to the individual in the moment of reaching another vet level, if it dies the refreshed soldier has no offensive bonus (and in case of brits no defensive either).

2) Soldiers with upgraded weapons usually die last and dish out the main damage with their stronger weapons.

3) So its always a win-win situation to upgrade vet0 squads with special weapons and retreat before the soldier count drops below the number of special weapons in the squad. That way the soldiers with special weapons keep their offensive bonus. Lets try this with an example: While 6 normal conscripts at vet3 will have no offensive bonus if you lost one after another during the game, a squad with 3 PPSHs keeps it offensive bonus at all PPSH soldiers as long you always retreat before dropping below 3 soldiers.

Did I get this right?
19 Feb 2016, 12:56 PM

1) Offensive bonus are bound to the individual in the moment of reaching another vet level, if it dies the refreshed soldier has no offensive bonus (and in case of brits no defensive either).

2) Soldiers with upgraded weapons usually die last and dish out the main damage with their stronger weapons.
3) So its always a win-win situation to upgrade vet0 squads with special weapons and retreat before the soldier count drops below the number of special weapons in the squad. That way the soldiers with special weapons keep their offensive bonus. Lets try this with an example: While 6 normal conscripts at vet3 will have no offensive bonus if you lost one after another during the game, a squad with 3 PPSHs keeps it offensive bonus at all PPSH soldiers as long you always retreat before dropping below 3 soldiers.

1) Yes

2) Having a slot weapon will not make any difference for survivability

3)Whenever a squad has a slot weapon to distribute, it will be given to the oldest member of the squad, so if a squad still has members with veterancy they will be the ones using slot weapons. Weapon bonuses will still be lost whenever one of those ppsh users is killed and the weapon is passed on to a newly reinforced model.
19 Feb 2016, 13:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2016, 12:56 PMCruzz

1) Yes

2) Having a slot weapon will not make any difference for survivability

3)Whenever a squad has a slot weapon to distribute, it will be given to the oldest member of the squad, so if a squad still has members with veterancy they will be the ones using slot weapons. Weapon bonuses will still be lost whenever one of those ppsh users is killed and the weapon is passed on to a newly reinforced model.

Thanks a lot :-)

2) Is this just my personal observation? When I take Volks with lmg for example it seems to be the soldier with the lmg that usually keeps firing even if the squad size drops to one or two soldiers at least due to casualties because of incoming small arms fire. Or does the weapon only gets passed from one dying soldier to another one?
19 Feb 2016, 13:18 PM

They seem to get passed... which is also an issue with the Brits.

Vet3 Tommies get an up to now pointless 'upgrade' with two scoped lee enfields. These do less damage than standard Lee Enfields. Still means that double Brenned or Piated squads which hit Vet3 lose their Brens when a model dies as the scoped Enfields seem to take precedence....
19 Feb 2016, 13:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2016, 12:56 PMCruzz

So this would mean accuracy bonuses aren't passed on to a freshly reinforced model if they carry a Thompson for example?

Does that individual model still level up "independently" from the other models in the squad then?

Man this is just mind-blowingly broken.

LELIC!!!!
19 Feb 2016, 13:45 PM

They seem to get passed... which is also an issue with the Brits.

Vet3 Tommies get an up to now pointless 'upgrade' with two scoped lee enfields. These do less damage than standard Lee Enfields. Still means that double Brenned or Piated squads which hit Vet3 lose their Brens when a model dies as the scoped Enfields seem to take precedence....

Lol, relic, just lol for ****ing this up completely. But thanks for giving me this insight.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS