Login

russian armor

Feb 17th Stream Summary

17 Feb 2016, 22:58 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I'm all for a maxim nerf (setup time) if we also implement:

-Give them the same teleport magic from other MG (no longer kill gunner = wipe squad)
-Suppression reduces grenade/casting range by 50% (applies to all units).
17 Feb 2016, 23:06 PM

maxim is already the worst of all MGs in game... and they want to nerf it?

it should get a better cone of fire or -something- because super soviet OKW infantry spam will be unstoppable.

i guess pray that OKW are to stupid to grab a minesweeper from now on...
17 Feb 2016, 23:12 PM

I just the the quad nerfs to units from Relic. They are so fucken stupid. Nothing is ever in good taste, its always over buff or over nerf.

TAKE FUCKEN BABY STEPS AND MAYBE THEY GAME WOULDNT BE ALL OVER THE PLACE.
17 Feb 2016, 23:14 PM
Donator 11

I heard the AEC is getting a price decrease not an increase
17 Feb 2016, 23:22 PM

I heard the AEC is getting a price decrease not an increase
280mp 60fuel, less manpower more fuel.
17 Feb 2016, 23:22 PM
Patrion 28

fuel for a setup team? relic just broke the game.
17 Feb 2016, 23:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2016, 22:53 PMaaa

set up time is the same for all mgs. If that is implemented it will l have worst arc and worst setup time out of all mgs

With fastest suppression ingame with 6 man squad, so hardest mg to force retreat...
17 Feb 2016, 23:24 PM

TAKE FUCKEN BABY STEPS AND MAYBE THEY GAME WOULDNT BE ALL OVER THE PLACE.

You didnt read the notes, and the comments on calliope correctly i guess. Or you are just butthurt that your freewin commander wont give you freewins anymore.
18 Feb 2016, 00:05 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2016, 23:24 PMHiflex
You didnt read the notes, and the comments on calliope correctly i guess. Or you are just butthurt that your freewin commander wont give you freewins anymore.

Butthurt, yes. But he is right when he says that Relic isn't taking things slowly and always does the huge overbuff or overnerf to units as usual. Cost increase to Calliope is too much imo, the nerf to rockets is well deserved.
18 Feb 2016, 00:09 AM

Butthurt, yes. But he is right when he says that Relic isn't taking things slowly and always does the huge overbuff or overnerf to units as usual. Cost increase to Calliope is too much imo, the nerf to rockets is well deserved.

According to some, there is no cost increase. It's just can no longer be decrewed (sad no longer can loan Calliopes to teammates) and fewer rockets.
18 Feb 2016, 00:09 AM

-Give them the same teleport magic from other MG (no longer kill gunner = wipe squad)

+100

Maybe not a 50% nerf, but something to discourage YOLO-rushing with single units from the front.

The 50cal and the Vickers are particularly susceptible to that, since they don't receive useful vet (vet that helps with suppression that is).
18 Feb 2016, 00:11 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

+100

Maybe not a 50% nerf, but something to discourage YOLO-rushing with single units from the front.

The 50cal and the Vickers are particularly susceptible to that, since they don't receive useful vet (vet that helps with suppression that is).

If it's not 50% i will keep Riflenading maxims from the front.
Neo
18 Feb 2016, 00:14 AM

Just give them a wider arc, that's all they need. The idea of an "offensive MG" was always going to be problematic.

Also, imo, buffing penals isn't the answer cause they're in a dead-end tier but hey, better than what we have.
18 Feb 2016, 00:17 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2016, 00:14 AMNeo

Just give them a wider arc, that's all they need. The idea of an "offensive MG" was always going to be problematic.

Also, imo, buffing penals isn't the answer cause they're in a dead-end tier but hey, better than what we have.

Maybe if the Penals are buffed sufficiently the tier won't be? :foreveralone:

Really though, bad Penals leave the Soviets a giant hole in their tools available. It could happen.
18 Feb 2016, 00:38 AM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2016, 00:14 AMNeo

increased setup time and a wider arc is fine. part of the reason they have such a low setup time right now is because of the narrow arc.
18 Feb 2016, 00:40 AM

I'm a bit uneasy about the idea of tinkering with the Maxim again. We've been down this path a couple times the past 2 1/2 years. I personally believe that the Maxim is being used as a crutch for cons rather meh performance. Further, by buffing the 222 aren't we buffing a direct counter to the maxim? The rest of the changes look pretty great.
18 Feb 2016, 00:48 AM

Maxim nerf is just sad to see, if they dont make cons/penals more viable.

AEC nerf/CalliOP changes are great!

Arty Cover nerf, well deserved kappa
18 Feb 2016, 00:52 AM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2016, 00:40 AMNapalm
I'm a bit uneasy about the idea of tinkering with the Maxim again. We've been down this path a couple times the past 2 1/2 years. I personally believe that the Maxim is being used as a crutch for cons rather meh performance. Further, by buffing the 222 aren't we buffing a direct counter to the maxim? The rest of the changes look pretty great.

i think that's debatable. HMGs in general are soft counters to light vehicles (although MG42 incendiaries bring that into hard counter territory) but their setup and tear down times mean that only works if the light vehicle can be kept away from the HMG. with con's AT nade they can effectively screen for a maxim and if a nade does go off the maxim will fairly easily finish a 222. a good flank will force an HMG to move though. i also didn't notice any change to the 222's damage, which is pretty weak at the moment against infantry.

i guess my takeaway is that the buff will help the 222 against maxims but i don't think it will make a significant difference most of the time, particularly against maxim spam which people seem to be having issues with.
18 Feb 2016, 01:20 AM

280mp 60fuel, less manpower more fuel.

im pretty sure he meant 60 to get the AEC including the research, currently the research is 15fu and the unit is 50. So I think they mean they're reducing the overall research to 60 fuel from 65.

they said it'll come out at the same time as the 222, the manpower cost of the AEC isnt even much.
18 Feb 2016, 02:35 AM

once again, the only nerfs to the calliope are less rockets, and cant be decrewed. brad confirmed this one stream. either kyle or brad made a joke about the rockets being weaker, but it was just a joke.

the AEC still has the same accuracy as before, so itll still direct hit models occasionally. now it had its fuel cost upped to make it similar to the puma.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 104
unknown 11
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak