Login

russian armor

Feb 17th Stream Summary

17 Feb 2016, 21:41 PM

And the main gun accuracy didn't get reverted, the splash did.

The coaxial is going to be M20 levels of DPS.

The AEC is going to be cheaper.

Now, with a straight face, keep complaining that its useless.

The accuracy wasn't changed when the AEC was buffed.

It has to pose at least some threat to infantry to be worthwhile (seriously, before the buff infantry could more or less ignore it), so I'll wait and see if the coaxial buff is enough to achieve that.
17 Feb 2016, 21:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2016, 21:39 PMDoggo

It was the splash that let it finish squads off effectively. Unless the Coaxial MGs can do the same, its going to be hard to justify going for it and a lot harder to keep the faction together.

Which was why it wasn't fair. It always got to chase down an injured squad. This also caused problems because model loss was inconsistent, sometimes 3 models would die on one hit, sometimes it would clip a piece of green cover and nothing would happen. The MG makes the DPS vs. infantry more obvious and provides the observant player more counter play.

Play with the unit first, then we can decide if the changes make it too lackluster to afford slowing down Cromwell purchase.
17 Feb 2016, 21:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2016, 21:39 PMDoggo

It was the splash that let it finish squads off effectively. Unless the Coaxial MGs can do the same, its going to be hard to justify going for it and a lot harder to keep the faction together.

Of course it can, have you ever used an M20?

And whos says the AEC is supposed to be a squad wiper anyways? It already counters every light vehicle short of a puma, and is going to cheaper to boot. Nothing has changed in terms of its anti vehicle potency. It is anti everything in the live build.
17 Feb 2016, 21:43 PM
Donator 22

oh what a pity. After the patch I can't no longer a-move my 5 maxims :p
17 Feb 2016, 21:44 PM

Or they can nerf the only MG that is CLEARLY overperforming relative to the others.

Maxims act like a con squad with suppression, its absurd when tournaments are won with 5 maxim builds.

Knowing relic it would be massive overnerf only to replace maxim spam with dshk spam.
17 Feb 2016, 21:46 PM

Brad said the mg is basically like a gren LMG.

What I predict is that it will still be good for chasing snipers and killing lone squads with no anti-tank. But it won't be able to kite and take pot shots like it used to, and will struggle more when handheld AT is around since it needs to stay consistently in range to do good damage to infantry. It's AT capabilities will likely stay the same, better even since you'll be able to more consistently afford an AT gun.
17 Feb 2016, 21:47 PM

is it Maxims that are Broken? or is it that everything tier 0-1 for Soviets lacks scaling and sucks?

Of course it can, have you ever used an M20?

And whos says the AEC is supposed to be a squad wiper anyways? It already counters every light vehicle short of a puma, and is going to cheaper to boot. Nothing has changed in terms of its anti vehicle potency. It is anti everything in the live build.

They need it like that cause there is nothing else that forms an effective aggressive force to push the enemy in the mid-game. I mean, if its MP price drops to 200-230 mp, then fair enough...least can get a pair of them. Universal Carrier and Infantry Sections are still looking poor offensively.

If the Bofors was viable, least then that would offer some choice. But so far, looks like its back to waiting for Cromwells.

What we need is viable, efficient handheld AT for Infantry Sections. A vehicle snare on Infantry Sections (or back on the Sniper), and a buff to the Bofors.
17 Feb 2016, 21:47 PM

Hold on to your boots! From what I understood:
- They are NOT nerfing Maxim this patch (25 Feb)
- Instead, they consider nerfing it in a followup patch
- The reason is that they haven't worked out what buffs they want to introduce to the soviets to compensate (OKW will roflstomp Soviets if the maxim gets nerfed)
- #PenalHype
17 Feb 2016, 21:48 PM

No that's not til next patch. Even then there is no guarantee it will ever reach live.
17 Feb 2016, 21:49 PM

Hold on to your boots! From what I understood:
- They are NOT nerfing Maxim this patch (25 Feb)
- Instead, they consider nerfing it in a followup patch
- The reason is that they haven't worked out what buffs they want to introduce to the soviets to compensate (OKW will roflstomp Soviets if the maxim gets nerfed)
- #PenalHype
Yeah I'm making that bold, so people don't get confused
17 Feb 2016, 21:52 PM

Or they can nerf the only MG that is CLEARLY overperforming relative to the others.

Maxims act like a con squad with suppression, its absurd when tournaments are won with 5 maxim builds.

17 Feb 2016, 21:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2016, 21:52 PMVonIvan

No offense against you fam, its just a really really silly build when executed perfectly like you did in ESL.
Neo
17 Feb 2016, 22:01 PM

Have you not been watching any ESL games....

Or playing as Axis...
Neo
17 Feb 2016, 22:03 PM

By the way, am I confused or AEC didn't really get nerfed vs. infantry?

It will now be weaker against vehicles but with the damage going into its coaxial, will it not be just as strong at killing off infantry?
17 Feb 2016, 22:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2016, 22:03 PMNeo
By the way, am I confused or AEC didn't really get nerfed vs. infantry?

It will now be weaker against vehicles but with the damage going into its coaxial, will it not be just as strong at killing off infantry?
It didn't get any damage reduced, just the AoE of the shells wen't back to the old way.

So no change at all vs vehicles. Vs infantry it just has to use it's MG to do the damage instead of taking pot shots with it's gun.
17 Feb 2016, 22:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2016, 21:36 PMJadame!
They srsly want to nerf maxims? WTF.

They said that just nerfing maxims might break soviets, so if they do it, they'll most likely buff other stuff to compensate and expand on diversity.
17 Feb 2016, 22:24 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2016, 21:52 PMVonIvan

Be brave Ivan, i am with You :foreveralone:.
17 Feb 2016, 22:29 PM

Permanently Banned

i doubt he specially mentioned they reverted the 222 main gun buff it had and buffed it coxial mg, something along the line that the coxial mg will be the main damage source for 222. dont know if pre main gun buff can take on t70s and su's

I do it many times, with 2 222 you can kill t-70 (you lose one 222), the main power its that 222 canon shoot faster than t-70 (and damage) when you flank it. The main problem for that its mines or cons at nade/guads/zis. Su-76 if i am not mistake have the same stats armor like t-70, so just flank it.
aaa
17 Feb 2016, 22:41 PM

1. 222 buff? absolutely no reason for that. With that arrival time its alredy overperforming vs light vehicles and have clearly broken vision range when vetted

2. no fix for okw low cost of tech tree

3. With no maxims how do you suppose to counter early okw spios charging from the front even and forcing everithing to retreat.
aaa
17 Feb 2016, 22:53 PM

• Maxim nerf(most likely set up time) and penal buffs being tested for next patch

set up time is the same for all mgs. If that is implemented it will l have worst arc and worst setup time out of all mgs
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

New Zealand 105
unknown 10
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak