Login

russian armor

Hardcore - Semirealistic mode

Make it possible and lets see how it is.
Option Distribution Votes
25%
75%
Total votes: 51
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
9 Feb 2016, 03:43 AM

I'm getting tired of everything in the game being nerfed into shit-units.
If any of you ever played Battlefield4 or 3, then you know that there is a hardcore mode.
I m only talking about option to play hardcore mode when searching players.
So those players that want it nerfed play standard version.

It just means a more realistic damage model so it doesnt take 500 bullets into the head to kill a guy. For COH2 it would mean that if it is an armored vehicle then it doesnt take any damage from small firearms, unless AP - HMG.

In tank battles it would mean introducing real armor values in MM. and taking the angle into account when calculating penetration. It is not same if you are hit in 90deg angle as if it is a shallow angle, i hope that the game takes that into account allready.

If the tank is penetrated then it should take no more than 2 shells to kill it.

This would also mean that some of the units would be propper OP in the game, so those could be excluded in HC mode.

This game is way too awesome to keep it just as nerfed and boring game for kids.
I have seen and tried some of realism mods, and some of them got some great potential, but mod is just a mod and cant play it ranked i guess.
I understand that this is not a simulation but there is nothing bad in keeping it as real as possible without totally wrecking gameplay.
9 Feb 2016, 03:59 AM
9 Feb 2016, 07:49 AM

1) I like how the poll is completely unbiased.

2) There are no mechanics in coh2 to support it.

3) Play MoW2, come back here crying.

4) I advise everyone to vote option 2, its always enjoyable to see biased polls backfire.
9 Feb 2016, 14:51 PM

Play men of war 2 if you want that.. New expansions on sale - beta soon.
9 Feb 2016, 15:23 PM
9 Feb 2016, 16:12 PM

Do enough people play those mods to make it worth DLing?

You just heff to believe :foreveralone:
9 Feb 2016, 16:13 PM

I don´t know about those. But Coh1 had the realistic Blitzkrieg mod which was somewhat popular. Those were the days: 30 fuel Shermans that get knocked out by 1-2 Panzerfausts from Volks. :D
9 Feb 2016, 16:15 PM

That depends.

Do many people like self inflicting pain of extremely imbalanced gameplay and bad imitation of realism within the engine that doesn't even support them?
9 Feb 2016, 16:21 PM

its depend, Do Sov and USF able to field 20 T34-76 and sherman everytime Axis field 1 panther? Is there any day/night shift where Axis can't move a single tank during day without being chase by a Typhoon or other bomber equivalent? Can I call 2 or 3 arty barrages lasting hours on any part of the battlefield as USF. I guess no, so I guess its strongly unbalanced and only enjoyable for Axis stuff fanboy.

Realistic war isn't fun.
9 Feb 2016, 16:21 PM

That depends.

Do many people like self inflicting pain of extremely imbalanced gameplay and bad imitation of realism within the engine that doesn't even support them?
It worked in the Blitzkireg mod.

30 fuel Shermans, 210 fuel King Tigers. One or two penetrations kill every vehicle.

The camera was zoomed out more.

If you managed to keep your tanks at range as Germans, you had the advantage. If you flanked as Allies you won.

And it was awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhOQHaimRHc
9 Feb 2016, 17:34 PM

@Butcher your link mostly showed how pathing is screwed up :D
9 Feb 2016, 17:49 PM

There is Men of War, you know, as others have said.
9 Feb 2016, 18:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Feb 2016, 16:21 PMEsxile

its depend, Do Sov and USF able to field 20 T34-76 and sherman everytime Axis field 1 panther? Is there any day/night shift where Axis can't move a single tank during day without being chase by a Typhoon or other bomber equivalent? Can I call 2 or 3 arty barrages lasting hours on any part of the battlefield as USF. I guess no, so I guess its strongly unbalanced and only enjoyable for Axis stuff fanboy.

Realistic war isn't fun.

I am really not sure what you are talking about, but I am pretty sure you didn't answer my question.

What are you saying?
9 Feb 2016, 18:44 PM

I play plenty of mods, all of those listed, I really dislike because I feel like I want to smash my head against the wall.
11 Feb 2016, 13:18 PM

If the BK mod for CoH1 has shown something, it is that 'realistic' armor, penetration, 'killing power', etc. make for an extremely unrealistic gameplay. vCoH1 was far closer to resembling real warfare than BK ever was. AT gameplay consisting of schreck blobs attacking tanks from the front, IKing it and inevitably retreating before being shredded by other units, artying tanks like there is no tommorow, US rifles being absolute crap because someone deduced that M1s are crappy at distance, nearly IKing infantry squads over long range with MG42s, IKing KTs with Typhoon...you name it.
11 Feb 2016, 15:27 PM

In tank battles it would mean introducing real armor values in MM. and taking the angle into account when calculating penetration. It is not same if you are hit in 90deg angle as if it is a shallow angle, i hope that the game takes that into account allready.

Actually there is mode that has side armor and takes into account the angle of attack...
It called "back to basics" and it written by AGameAnx
11 Feb 2016, 15:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2016, 15:27 PMMyself

Actually there is mode that has side armor and takes into account the angle of attack...
It called "back to basics" and it written by AGameAnx

Wut?! I thought side armor isnt possible due Engine restrictions?!
11 Feb 2016, 17:46 PM

That's always been code for too much time/money.
12 Feb 2016, 02:55 AM

That's always been code for too much time/money.

Tru, all ingame models are 3D, and they all have colition mesh / colition model thats simplifyed model of the real tank or solider. All they need to do is assign materials to colition mesh. Game engines in 2004 had that all of that functionality, it would be wierd if thisone doesnt.
12 Feb 2016, 03:54 AM

1) I like how the poll is completely unbiased.

2) There are no mechanics in coh2 to support it.

3) Play MoW2, come back here crying.

4) I advise everyone to vote option 2, its always enjoyable to see biased polls backfire.

1 - Questions are set as suggestion sounds: OPTION to play HC.
So if you say no, that means you dont want anyone else to play HC mode.
I m suggesting a MODE that is OPTIONAL, i dont want it to be mandatory for everyone to play HC mode.

2 - Nobody wants a strategy-simulation game, just a mode that keeps it more real then existing one.

3 - Just checked MoW2, its wierd.

4 - I dont care, dont have much time to play the game, just throwing in some sugestions that can make it better. Tought you were here to contribute to a better gaming experience and not being mr. "right". Seems like you take this as some attack on your religion or something.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★